Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond to Upper Deck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond to Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I like the design. . . On card is good. . .

But no actor names on the cards!?!??

On card is great.

Not that unusual to not have the actor's name on the front. Rittenhouse has done that on several trek sets, and actually have done both ways in the same series. All the Inkworks Buffy cards just had the character's name.

I'm being told these will release on the 26th.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I never noticed how many sets don't have the actor's name on the front of the card.

I noticed it right away on this set because there were a number of the posted cards that I looked at and didn't recognize the actor and couldn't read the signature.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen the cards yet, i could not find anything about them on the upper deck website, no info, no pictures, nothing. Confused

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Has anyone seen the cards yet, i could not find anything about them on the upper deck website, no info, no pictures, nothing. Confused

On the previous page of this thread I posted images of the autographs Upper Deck has shown thus far. I got them from Upper Deck's facebook page.

Here are the other cards they have shown..

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ah right, thanks very much. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would love a base set but I fear it will be too expensive at about $1 per card.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Releases next week.

Doesn’t appear that a checklist has been released yet though?

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I would love a base set but I fear it will be too expensive at about $1 per card.

I am guessing this will be similar to the new X-Files set. . . Mini Master sets (250 cards) not including the SSP set are going unsold for $50.

Only the SSP high number sets are going for around $1 a card. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

I am guessing this will be similar to the new X-Files set. . . Mini Master sets (250 cards) not including the SSP set are going unsold for $50.

Only the SSP high number sets are going for around $1 a card. . .

Webjon

I was working on the basis that a box sells in the $95+ range, collation is reasonable as you would probably need two boxes plus to get a base set (108 cards per box) and that's without including shipping and taxes.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is there a checklist for this yet ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
By the time this comes out i will have lost the will to care.

posted Hide Post
Some pictures of cards on another forum. No checklist yet which I just can’t understand when it’s release day. How do you know what cards you might want to go after?

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's out, breaks are being shown. The checklist is on cardboardconnection.com.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:
Some pictures of cards on another forum. No checklist yet which I just can’t understand when it’s release day. How do you know what cards you might want to go after?

Easy to pass on this product, only two autographs - Christoph Waltz and Andrew Scott are new?

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Terrible space placement for signatures!! Looks like the only Bond they were able to get for signatures was Lazenby.

If you missed some of the RA releases of Cleese, Rhys Davies, Wayne Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Famke, Seymour, Richards or Bean then you will have another shot it em.

So far I am only going to focus on the Waltz. Looks like he was nice enough to sign three different versions. Two numbered and one un-numbered.

Really went back and forth on this product, think I am going to be very happy I didn't commit to it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. Everything is a rehash of the Rittenhouse auto cards and I think RA did a better job design wise. I was hoping UD would get new signers such as Dalton, Eva Green or Monica Bellucci,but no such luck. I was expecting to be blown away but this is as stale as it gets.

Waltz is the only one I want as well and don't care which version I'll hopefully get.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I generally pan UD releases because of the skip boxes, but they did something good here by guaranteeing 2 autographs in a box, so I'm not going to do that. I like the auto list as far as it goes. There is enough variety, multiple cards, inscriptions, and as mentioned more chances from some tough names. The designs aren't inspired, but they are on-card, so that's big right there.

The Bonds are missing and that's bad. Also bad is the number of autos that carry 1:10 ratios, all minor characters. You know one of them will be in the box no matter what and yes Shane Rimmer is back. Big Grin

If these boxes came out $75 - $85 I would be all for it to try. At around $110, it's a heavier lift. I don't believe prior Bond card collectors are going to be interested except to pick up a few signers they really like. I think they already have better. I might go in for one or two because I have less and it's better than I expected, but I didn't expect much. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So as reported, you need to collect the 50 gold acetate cards to send in for the Lazenby auto

But of the gold, not all 50 are equally obtainable, roughly 1 per box.

5 of the 50 cards come roughly 1 per 48 boxes ! Those are Ursula Andress, Honor Blackman, Famke Janssen, Judi Dench, and Halle Berry

Good luck with getting all 50 !

And by the way, these 50 acetate cards are variants of some of the base cards

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And some of the autos like Jeffrey Wright, Ben Wishaw, and Sean Bean are like 1:1020 packs. Frown

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
So as reported, you need to collect the 50 gold acetate cards to send in for the Lazenby auto

But of the gold, not all 50 are equally obtainable, roughly 1 per box.

5 of the 50 cards come roughly 1 per 48 boxes ! Those are Ursula Andress, Honor Blackman, Famke Janssen, Judi Dench, and Halle Berry

Good luck with getting all 50 !

And by the way, these 50 acetate cards are variants of some of the base cards

The bounty autograph is a Denise Richards variant, not Lazenby.