Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond to Upper Deck
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond to Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Checklist on cardboard connection.

Mostly if not entirely the same old song and dance.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have master sets of all of the Bond from Rittenhouse. But both of these UD sets are impossible to collect, with so many autos and chase cards limited to only 10 or 25 in existence. How can someone reasonably obtain those ?

Master sets of the RA Bond were never that difficult.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have master sets of all of the Bond from Rittenhouse. But both of these UD sets are impossible to collect, with so many autos and chase cards limited to only 10 or 25 in existence. How can someone reasonably obtain those ?

Master sets of the RA Bond were never that difficult.

Yes and No. The smallest quantity of any card looks to be 10 on a couple of dual signatures, which is still better than 1/1s. Jeff Bezos could do it for the price of one more space launch. Apart from him and his buddies, no normal person makes this set. That's not new. The day of the Master Set Builder is over unless you are the card maker.

But I do like the UD Bond cards and they really have done a great job of getting as many signers as possible. Sure some people are missing and I don't think you trade in your RAs for these, but I do give credit where credit is due. It doesn't hurt to give more people the chance to get many of these signers. Not an easy thing maybe, but at least they are made.

I made a mistake about Daniel Craig. He is a new signer for UD. I really like some of the dual signer pairings and the most copies is 49, so they will be tough and pricey. I don't think its a great box buy because of the odds, but certainly there will be individual cards offered that Bond collectors will like even if they prefer the RA cards as a whole.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first Upper Deck set was impossible to put together. Even the chase cards.

25 Bond Legacy cards-- 1 per box
8 other Bond Legacy cards--- 1 per 12 boxes
7 other Bond Legacy cards--- 1 per 36 boxes

15 Q Branch cards-- 1 per box

10 See the World cards-- 1 per 2 boxes

20 Bond vs. Villains cards--- 3 per box

About 88 different autos, 7 limited to 99 and 2 limited to 25

CRAZY

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For any RA Bond collectors keeping track, as far as I can tell you now have 4 new Bond signers that did not appear in the RA sets.

Daniel Craig has been added to the UD checklist, but was of course in RA.

In both the previous and new UD sets you got Chritoph Waltz and Andrew Scott, neither done by RA.

From this new Villains & Henchmen, UD has added Gloria Henry and Nadim Sawalha, neither done by RA.

Heavy hitters could come out if UD makes No Time To Die, but so far they haven't had an individual Bond film to work with and I think they were holding on to these for quite awhile since sadly a couple of people have passed away already.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both Sawalha and Hendry have been done by RA.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

From this new Villains & Henchmen, UD has added Gloria Henry and Nadim Sawalha, neither done by RA.

Did you mean Gloria Hendry as she has signed before.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Did you mean Gloria Hendry as she has signed before.

Yep, I need a better pair of glasses and I didn't even make the connection. Roll Eyes Scratch her off the new list. Thanks.

RA did such a good job I guess they can't even come up with another "Old Man in Cigar Factory". There are a few people who could repeat, but UD has not gotten them and a good one to get would still be Monica Bellucci.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:
Both Sawalha and Hendry have been done by RA.

I spelled his name wrong on my original sheet. I think I'll just go home now. Big Grin

Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Ralph Fiennes would be a great addition too.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Bond has hit E Pack.

Only $8 per pack for some digital cards, Bargain. Eek

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Bond has hit E Pack.

Only $8 per pack for some digital cards, Bargain. Eek

Check that again. I'm not looking cause I'm not interested in buying thru ePack, but there has to be some physical cards and the hits in there. This is how UD moves them out.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is Upper Deck planning on doing a third Bond set ?

Not that I purchased the first 2.

I passed on these, as they were too tough to collect

Just wondering

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For upcoming card releases the latest NSU has four TBA entries from Upper Deck, "Marvel Fleer Metal Universe Spider-Man", "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, "Marvel Fleer Ultra Avengers" and "Marvel Beginnings". The first two are Summer 2022 and the second two are Fall 2022. Something tells me they will be late. Wink

The Bond license might already be expired, or they just don't have a new one in development yet, but who knows. Expecting to get any news out of UD is against their policy.

If UD isn't on the ropes, they are doing a pretty good job of looking like it. Marvel is hot and they can't seem to capitalize on even that much. I would be concerned for them, if I cared. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Bond license might already be expired, or they just don't have a new one in development yet, but who knows. Expecting to get any news out of UD is against their policy.

One would think they would be capitalizing on the recent 25th and final Craig Bond film. Malik and de Armas sigs would be huge! Want so bad for RA to take it again but ya have to wonder if Fanatics isn't lining up their sights.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great question -- I really wish there was information about this out there (and Chasing Amy for that matter). If I recall correctly the third set was supposed to be based on the Women of Bond -- which is what I think would be the most popular, and the one I'd be most interested in.

Interestingly Upper Deck announced a month ago that they just signed Daniel Craig to an autograph deal:

https://www.prnewswire.com/new...-deal-301588910.html

Seems like it would be odd timing to sign Craig to a deal then drop the license.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Assuming they still retain the license, there is no rush to get another set out. Many collectors are still putting the first two together.

The first one is still available on ePack as well.

I'd say the Craig signing is a positive move towards another set.

But apart from a future movie release, there is no "event" to tie the release to. So I hope they get some of their backlog released and then focus on some new sets.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
But apart from a future movie release, there is no "event" to tie the release to. So I hope they get some of their backlog released and then focus on some new sets.
Ed

No Time to Die, would be nice to get a set focused on just the one film as UD has yet to do so as the license holder.

Seems odd that Craig is signing deals linked to Bond when he seemed so eager to leave the role.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't thing Craig was eager to leave. Maybe after SPECTRE in 2015 but he had a change of heart afterwards and gladly did the recent one. But he is now 54 and he probably feels it is time to move on, especially since Bond 26 won't likely come out for at least 3 or 4 more years.

posted Hide Post
I totally agree. The Bond licence really does seem to be wasted on Upper Deck. They've missed golden opportunities to ride on the back of (1) the No Time to Die release, and (2) the 60th Anniversary of the Bond franchise. When you think of what Rittenhouse did - ground-breaking 40th Anniversary retrospective set, a double-release for the 50th anniversary. Such a shame to see so little coming out from UD.

I too am really hoping that one day Rittenhouse will win back the licence and do these landmarks justice (maybe after the franchise has been rebooted and there's a bit more potential there to exploit).

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post