Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond to Upper Deck
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond to Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey piko,

I did check your trade page, but sorry I don't have any of those. On the plus side, that rare "fur" variant has aged out to be less than $15, so its not even worth the cost of international shipping. Big Grin Appreciate your offer though, thanks.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
webjon - I only saw the details on the new set on Friday but apparently was put out a month ago.

Do you have a link to where info. can be found on what ePack cards needed to be combined for the achievment cards in the last UD Bond set?

That info is relatively new -- so hopefully this set -- and the others announced close to it (Chasing Amy, X-Files, Alien) will be coming out before too long. . .

The achievement information is available at this URL, but you need to be logged in to view it:
https://www.upperdeckepack.com...ts/?filters=Active_1

If this helps here are the achievement descriptions:

Bond Legacy Auto - Tier 1 (One Randomly Awarded)
First 285 collectors to redeem a complete Bond Legacy - Tier 1 Set (88 achievements still available)

Bond Legacy Auto - Tier 2 (One Randomly Awarded)
First 90 collectors to redeem a complete Bond Legacy - Tier 2 Set (36 achievements still available)

Bond Legacy Auto - Tier 3 (One Randomly Awarded)
First 50 collectors to redeem a complete Bond Legacy – Tier 3 Set (27 achievements still available)

James Bond Achievement Avatar
Redeem a complete Base Set

This achievement is no longer available:
VIP Achievement Autographs (Janssen & St. John)
First 10 collectors to redeem a complete Silver Acetate Parallel Set

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks webjon, I'd seen all the achievement cards on COMC but did not know how rare they were or how they could be obtained.
I can't fathom the amount of ePacks you'd need to open to get these.

I do find it odd that this information is not simply available without the need to register/log in.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Thanks webjon, I'd seen all the achievement cards on COMC but did not know how rare they were or how they could be obtained.
I can't fathom the amount of ePacks you'd need to open to get these.

I do find it odd that this information is not simply available without the need to register/log in.

I am guessing there is info about the achievements available in the 'news' sections of the ePack site that you can probably access without being logged in, but finding those would be a pain -- I don't think there is a search function for news.

It would take a monumental number of packs to get some of these cards, but I don't many if any of the hard achievements are completed via packs. The trading community on ePack is extremely vibrant for cards that are needed for achievements. It really is its own economy.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I registered with UD ePack on Monday and I have a question.
I've opened 3 Doctor Strange free packs and they each had one card. Is that how it is with all ePacks or just the free ones?
I was considering buying the James Bond or Aliens packs they have but if it's one card per pack then it's not worth it.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I registered with UD ePack on Monday and I have a question.
I've opened 3 Doctor Strange free packs and they each had one card. Is that how it is with all ePacks or just the free ones?
I was considering buying the James Bond or Aliens packs they have but if it's one card per pack then it's not worth it.

The Free packs has 1 or 2 or in some hockey sets 3 free cards in them. If you are buying off of epack, you will need to check each products page which will tell you how many cards are per pack.

I am not sure what is going on with COMC, I heard shipping is horrible right now, but you can go on there and get many of the base and whatnot for cheap.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you check make sure to check how many physical cards per pack.

Most products typically have 1 physical and a certain number of digital cards per pack. Some products have more than 1 physical per pack -- i.e. Fleer Ultra Spider-Man is all physical.

Typically a certain number of copies of a given digital card can be 'combined' in to a physical card. For example in Marvel 80th you can combine 5 digital base cards into a physical base card. These physical base cards from ePack are typically (perhaps always) variants of what is available outside of ePack.

Also keep in mind that it costs extra to mail cards to yourself. I think it is a base shipping fee +$.25 a card -- so it isn't cheap to ship a bunch of cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
Since I'm only opening free packs at the moment, I'm not concerned about getting the cards shipped to me - unless I get an autograph or relic card I really want.
The Doctor Strange base cards are ePack exclusive versions, so I might change my mind.
I expect it's more than $0.25 per card to the UK.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can check the shipping costs through COMC -- The cards ship from COMC, and I'm pretty sure the rates are the same.

You can't hit chase cards or even physical cards in free packs -- you can combine Dr. Strange cards in to physical if you get enough.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

You can't hit chase cards or even physical cards in free packs -- you can combine Dr. Strange cards in to physical if you get enough.

Didn't realise that but probably should have.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Didn't realise that but probably should have.

Yeah, they aren't super up front about that.

I think the daily free packs are a bit of a missed opportunity for UD -- it seems to me that if they had an achievement that was redeemable from cards out of free packs it may help drive more traffic.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think the daily free packs are a bit of a missed opportunity for UD -- it seems to me that if they had an achievement that was redeemable from cards out of free packs it may help drive more traffic.

If they did that, they'd make it impossible to achieve and/or use an achievement prize that wasn't particularly appealing.
As it stands, I found out that if you buy ePacks, only the chase cards are physical cards. The base cards are not.

posted Hide Post
quote:
As it stands, I found out that if you buy ePacks, only the chase cards are physical cards. The base cards are not.

This is true for most sets, but there are several sets -- usually the premium sets -- where the base cards are physical Ultra Spider-Man, Avengers Endgame, Infinity War, Premier, etc.

posted Hide Post
Just remembered that the Mickey Mouse set is also 100% physical -- unusual for the price point.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
According to Cardboard Connection the new Bond release has a hard set estimated date of 22 Sept 2021 and they have actually released photos of mock-up images one week out from release but nothing close resembling a checklist.

The fumbling inefficiency of UD is phenomenal to say the least.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

No idea this was coming out now and you would think it would be a pretty expensive license for UD and they would try to handle it properly. But NO.

It's because of the ePacks. No matter what happens with boxes/cases they know that everything will go on ePack. And it seems that it does all sell on ePack. So its really not inefficiency at all, they just don't give a . . . . Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I still don't understand the first Bond set or what was in it so i probably have no chance with this one. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
According to Cardboard Connection the new Bond release has a hard set estimated date of 22 Sept 2021 and they have actually released photos of mock-up images one week out from release but nothing close resembling a checklist.

Thanks for the tip. The auto'd relics look nice.

With the new Alien now out, and Bond coming in a week maybe Chasing Amy will see the light of day. . . not holding my breath.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I have seen one Daniel Craig and Lazenby autograph card.

Craig actually signed 007 which is pretty cool! Cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22462...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
So what year will the actual No Time to Die set be released?