Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond to Upper Deck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond to Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Have there been any updates on this ?

I am nervous, that this will be an OVERWHELMING set, unlike what Rittenhouse produced.

I am looking at the recent Defenders set, which I guess is typical Upper Deck product ?

That had 130 base cards, with cards 101-130 being 1 per 4 packs

And then 8 levels of chase, approximately 90 different cards total, many of which were very tough to acquire. One box yielded maybe 3 chase cards, tops.

And then about 40 different autos, no guarantee of even 1 per box, and some autos were limited to 25 or 5 !

Finally, patches and sketches

Is this what we can expect of Bond ???

Yep this is what to expect for Bond.
Though I will argue the fact that Rittenhouse made the last few sets easy to assemble, I found them quite the opposite with the throwback sets and parallels, and 1 per box chase.

But, look at the details and make your own decision:

quote:
200 Card Base Set
3 Levels of Parallel Cards: 4 Parallels per box
Acetate Parallels
Chase Cards (5 Per Box)
Bond VS Villains
Q-Branch
See the World
Bond Legacy Set (1 Per Box) Character Cards with Acetate windows
50 Gold Tinted Acetate Bounty Cards (8 Per Case)
Collect all 50 to obtain a rare Bounty Autograph
Actor Autograph Cards (2 Per Box)
SP and SSP Autograph Cards to find
Printing plates used to make the cards, each 1/1

6 Cards Per Pack / 18 Packs Per Box / 12 Boxes Per Case

We know 2 autos per box, so that's already better than Defenders. But is it 'easy' enough to please everyone, likely not.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If there are 200 cards in the base set, you might need at least 3 boxes for just that !

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
6 cards per pack - 18 packs per box - 12 boxes per case

200 card base set - 3 levels - 4 parallels chase cards - bounty cards - printing plates - autograph hits

The base sets keep getting larger and the various hits, parallels, chase, and short printed cards take up more cards in the packs, while contents keep shrinking.

Has anyone bothered to ask card collectors if this is what they want from a card product? If they want it to be this much and this challenging, even when you really follow a title?

I'm asking, because I'd really like to know if I'm the one who is wrong. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There may be 3 or 4 levels of chase in this Bond set, but sometimes past Upper Decks have had 15-20 cards per chase level, and often you get 1 or 2 cards, per level, per box. Or 1 card in every second box Frown

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
There may be 3 or 4 levels of chase in this Bond set, but sometimes past Upper Decks have had 15-20 cards per chase level, and often you get 1 or 2 cards, per level, per box. Or 1 card in every second box Frown

How is this different than the last Rittenhouse set?

Expansion Set had 24 cards, one per box.
Metal and Double sided Mirror cards had 20 cards, one in 72 packs or 3 boxes.

Not saying either is bad, just UD's set isn't that different than what we were getting toward the end of the Rittenhouse Era.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've spoken to several dealers, and no one seems to be willing to do any master sets on this new Bond. Unlike with the Rittenhouse sets, where I was able to find dealers who had them.

Yes, I know the new Bond set has the hard to find gold Legacy cards. But even without those, the dealers I have talked to are either passing completely, or just carrying a few boxes.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any more info on this ?

I saw something which said March 20 was the release date

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any more info on this ?

I saw something which said March 20 was the release date

Have been wondering this myself. Most dealers have 21st March, that’s a week tomorrow. Would love to see a checklist on this one.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Any details would be nice!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
If UD is putting 2 autographs per box I can only imagine how many small time repeat sigs were going to see already well established in the RA releases.

As far as I am concerned if they don't drop a Dalton and Connery signature card then they have nothing new to offer. Possibly a Christoph Waltz, Ralph Fiennes and Monica....it does seem like RA didn't get much from Spectre.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it’s delayed for over a month.

Not heard anything for 3 months and now delaying it just 1 week out.

Personally I think the lack of communication is disappointing.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you mean it is delayed until April ?

Where did you hear that ?

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you mean it is delayed until April ?

Where did you hear that ?

I noticed Blowout cards changed the date to 24th April.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Any news on the release date? I just saw one site change it to May 8th.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is this still coming out this week ? Nothing on ebay yet

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now they are saying May 31 for this

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is now listed for June 26. Delayed again

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I have 2 boxes of these on order. Hope I live to see them

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These autograph card images were posted on Upper Deck's facebook page...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the design. . . On card is good. . .

But no actor names on the cards!?!??

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post