Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Plants vs. Zombies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plants vs. Zombies
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted
Yesterday's post in the NSU blog mentioned new Plants vs. Zombies trading cards. It appears there are two versions, retail and one produced for the American Dental Association. I have some detailed info about the ADA set.

PopCap Games and the ADA made this set as part of a campaign to promote good dental health in children. The campaign is called "Stop Zombie Mouth." The dentist office kits include 50 packs of cards (5 cards per pack), a poster and a small pop-up counter display. Cards #35 Baseball Zombie and #45 Catapult Zombie appear to be short-printed.

The set consists of 45 zombie cards and 5 Putrid Posse cards. The cards are colorful and have a matte finish. The zombie cards have fun facts, quotes, sports stats (for the sporty zombies), and puzzle pieces. There are two puzzles in the set. Unfortunately, the designer didn't take into account how the puzzles would look when the set was placed in numbered order using 9-pocket pages. The puzzles don't correctly line up. I had to rearrange the order so the puzzles looked right in my binder. One of the puzzles is 3D, but you'll need the paper glasses with the red and blue lenses to see it. The foil packs are titled "Stop Zombie Mouth" and the back has the PopCap and ADA logos.

The Putrid Posse are specially-created ADA characters that show kids what can happen if you don't take care of your teeth. Those five cards are the only ones in the set that have the ADA logo. They also have a code for a free PC/Mac download of the Plants vs. Zombie game that will be available only from October 30 to November 10, 2012. (Supposedly, the game will also have ADA branding, but I haven't seen any official confirmation). The code is the same on all of the cards. ADA has a separate website for the campaign where people can download coloring pages, wallpaper, Halloween invites, Halloween masks, and game code coupons. The organization would like people to hand out the coupons instead of candy for Halloween.

Stop Zombie Mouth

Checklist

Zombie Cards
1. Zombie
2. Snorkel Zombie
3. Newspaper Zombie
4. Bungee Zombie
5. Screen Door Zombie
6. Backup Dancer Zombie
7. Jack-In-The-Box Zombie
8. Digger Zombie
9. Gargantuar
10. Imp
11. Conehead Zombie
12 Barbecue Zombie
13. Zombotany Zombie
14. Charcoal Zombie
15. Bunny Suit Zombie
16. Disco Zombie
17. Daredevil Imp
18. Crazy Dave
19. Chinese New Year Zombie
20. Zombie
21. Ladder Zombie
22. Disco Zombies
23. Franken-Zombie
24. Vampire Zombie
25. Moustache Zombie
26. Delivery Zombie
27. Skiing Zombie
28. Rodeo Zombie
29. Roller Zombie
30. Pole Vaulting Zombie
31. Football Zombie
32. Zombie Bobsled Team
33. Zombie Football Team
34. Zombie Swim Team
35. Baseball Zombie
36. Dolphin Rider Zombie
37. Pogo Zombie
38. Football Zombie
39. Disco Zombie
40. Balloon Zombie
41. Flag Zombie
42. Buckethead Zombie
43. Ducky Tube Zombie
44. Mullet Zombie
45. Catapult Zombie

Putrid Posse Cards
1. D.K.
2. Rott
3. Plak
4. P.U.
5. Putrid Posse

Puzzles
1. Zomboss (on the backs of cards 12-20)
2. Chomper (on the backs of cards 21-29) (3D)

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
These are great, i really like these. Thumb Up

How do you get a set?

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

How do you get a set?

Rot your teeth. Big Grin

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
These are great, i really like these. Thumb Up

How do you get a set?

The set is made for dentists to give out packs after a child has a dental visit, but my husband got them from work. He's a manager at a dental manufacturing company and asked a friend in the purchasing department to order some kits for me.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for posting this kbmum. Just as a clarification, the Plants vs. Zombies cards that I posted about on the blog are different then those you've posted about, as you indicated. The ones I posted about were produced by SideKick or PopCap Games; the ones you posted about were not.

I think there are some similarities between the two but the cards are definitely different with SideKick's done on their now standard grey stock and their retro wax wrappers (the ADA set comes in foil packs). From what I'm told PopCap will offer the SideKick produced one as some sort of charity benefit in a couple of different configurations soon.

Thanks and thank you again for posting all of this info!! Really appreciate that.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post