Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Are there pieceworks in the Hot Topic boxes or just the special insert?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have no clue what's inside of the individual packs - the wrapper states that an exclusive Hot Topic card is inserted in the packets - randomly. Didn't buy any to check it out.

Thought it was strange when I remembered that these cards aren't out til 11/26.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
As I understand it the Hot Topic boxes are the equivalent of "retail", they do not have Pieceworks cards.

T.

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought two packs tonite and it is the box not the wrappers that state that there is an exclusive Hot Topic card.

I bought two packs and found a HT-1 - Who is Bella foil card with the Hot Topic Exclusive logo in top right on front corner and on bottom right corner of card. Will try to scan tomorrow.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
forgot to mention that 6 cards/pack and they seem the same as the base cards on the Inkworks site.

Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
if these are indeed an inkworks product, how in the world do they have their cards already? i thought the release date was Wednesday. is it a normal occurrence to have a retail set precede the hobby version?

also, "HT-1" makes it sound like there will be an entire foil insert set specific to Hot Topic, not just the one card. hmmm

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
These are obviously made exclusively for Hot Topic, so I'm not at all surprised that they are available, the retail release date may not be the same as the hobby release date. I only heard mention of one card, although there could possibly be more. Thanks for the info, Natalie! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
They still haven't shown up on my Diamond invoice yet. Kind of annoying.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I just called Potomic to check on mine and they have yet to receive them. I was hoping to have them ship it 2nd day air so that I could have it for a show this weekend. Mad

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Then I received confirmation this afternoon that they did receive the shipment and I will have mine on Friday Bouncey

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
This is a product they should have had in people's hands by now, considering the popularity. I don't understand Inkworks way of thinking these days, they really seem to have stopped delivering what collector's want. Confused

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that the movie's original release date was December 12. It was moved to November 21 after Warner Bros. announced that the release for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince would be delayed from November 2008 to July 2009. Maybe there was little Inkworks could do to rush production of the cards to get them out in time for the Twilight's new release date.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
in inkworks' defense, the studio did move up the release date of the movie rather last minute. so, it would have been better timed...

but i still want my cards now!!! Big Grin

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No problem. I did buy another 2 packs and got another Bella HT-1 card and one of the puzzle (Always) cards.

Is there anyone else out there buying the Hot Topic cards?

NL

quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
These are obviously made exclusively for Hot Topic, so I'm not at all surprised that they are available, the retail release date may not be the same as the hobby release date. I only heard mention of one card, although there could possibly be more. Thanks for the info, Natalie! Smile

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

Here is the card, it seems to come one in every 6 packs, packs are not cheap, $2.99!

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Hot Topic is stocking the collector album too? There's only one hobby shop in my area that orders the albums. I'll pick up a few of the Hot Topic packs this weekend to try to get the exclusive card.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
No, but Inkworks is selling the binders on their website.

posted Hide Post
I picked up 12 packs and got one HT-1 card. Anyone seen any other numbers?

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
The Twilight boxes are showing up on my invoice for next Thursday. Yay!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Like igman7, my source got the product before some others did. But I'm located in their UPS two-day-Ground radius and get my shipping free that way, and of course UPS takes Friday as a holiday except for Air packages. So my boxes are cooling their heels 50 miles away from Wednesday through Monday. Roll Eyes

I imagine my Fantastic Four Archives boxes are keeping them company. Maybe I should take some time off next week.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post