Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
soooo wolfie i guess i shouldn't pay those prices
just how limited is the uncut sheet
i will need both the uncut and regular version
can someone help

I was told how many of the uncut sheets there were... I want to say 1300 but I'm not sure if that is correct (bad memory). It might be less than that. The uncut sheets were tough to get and I'm guessing most of the people that have them are Twilight fans and will keep them. There probably won't be too many uncut sheets hitting the market. The card sets were fairly easy to come by.

Laura

I had heard the number 1300 and had shown that number in my promo thread....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
1300 was the number I was told from an exceptionally reliable source Smile If I didn't think it to be very accurate I never would have posted it on the SDCC promo thread.

Preview night, if you knew to look for them, they were easy. Thursday morning, still pretty easy. Thursday afternoon? Gone.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lana Lang
posted Hide Post
Oooh I can't wait! I've read all the books and they are fantastic! I can't wait for the movie either! I'll be sure to have my dad (Batman) get me a box! Smile

Posts: 74 | Location: Brielle, NJ USA | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had never heard about the book series or the movie until the promos started showing up in San Diego, but I finished the first book and have to say that I was quite pleasantly surprised and charmed. I never would have picked up the book when it was advertised for "teens" and dealt with vampires yet again. But this one is refreshingly new in how it handles the subject matter and it keeps the attention of adults and/or teens who have reading skills that have graduated beyond Goosebumps. For a writer's first novel, it's quite impressive if I can say that I liked it more than Orson Scott Card's "Lost Boys" ... which I would have coupled it genre-wise just from reading blurbs.

I'm not convinced that it will make a great movie, though. Most of what I found most interesting in the novel is the "cerebral" stuff of what Bella is thinking or how other characters react or think. It's very tough to translate a "talky" or "thinky" work to the screen. If you just focus on the limited action sequences, you lose a lot of the charm. And if you focus on the non-action subjects, you can look hokey or boring and it really takes great acting and direction/editing to pull it off.

I don't want to post spoilers, but I hope that they find a way to make convincing special effects that don't make faster-than-human actions look hokey.

I think it will make a very nice card set. The book is very character-driven, but has a lot of good character moments that aren't action sequences. Even if the movie doesn't hit on all cylinders, there will be plenty of scenes that will satisfy the readers of the book. As long as the movie doesn't turn off readers who don't like how the two main characters are portrayed.

We'll have to see if this turns into a movie and card-set franchise. The first Harry Potter film was (IMHO) more successful *as a movie* than the first book was *as a book*. But reason Potter had so many plot threads that hadn't even been introduced yet. I'll have to read the other books in the Twilight series before I decide that it's always got something new and fresh to set up and then resolve.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
The Twilight movie cards page has been updated:

Twilight

I am SO excited. November can't come quick enough!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
your link doesn't bring me to the right page
i just checked it out and there is no mention of pieceworks or autographs
if there is neither then i am the most dissapointed in inkworks i have ever been
even more than the anoucement of the security labels
please inkworks do it for me

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I hate to say this, but I think this is a set that will sell even if it doesn't have autographs or pieceworks. Not that I'm hoping it won't, but if it doesn't and the pack price is correspondingly lower I'll still order it at my store. I've already had a call (about a week ago) from someone wanting to pre-order a box.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I've just looked at the page on the Inkworks site and the S.R.P. is $1.99 per pack so I'm assuming no autograph or pieceworks.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I just checked myself and it looks like no autographs. That's too bad because I was really looking forward to that Kristen Stewart autograph. Shake Head

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
the movie release date is now november 21st insted of december
they decided to release it early because potter has been pushed back
maybe this affected the set???

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Is Inkworks trying to go with a lower srp to sell to the teens? That would explain why no autographs or pieceworks, and that would explain why I can now save my money on the boxes I was planning to buy (of course Inkworks will get it anyway, I'll just buy more Doctor Who from them).

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
No autos or pieceworks? That would be a huge shame.

Though if that's right, I suppose I can stop saving for a case.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
I read the first book in the series and it was better than I thought it was going to be, but I still have reservations about the film version (I saw some promotional photos of the guy playing Edward and the makeup he had on was not at all flattering; more random goth kid than omg-hottest-vampire-ever). It will be a bit disappointing if there are no pieceworks in the set, but it will probably do well regardless because the books have such an enthusiastic young fan base.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
good news of the day
i have written to inkworks and they tell me autos and pieceworks not cancelled
so there is still hope
this is great news for me
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
i am keeping my fingers crossed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Yey, that's good!

Fingers crossed.

Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
whoo hoo!!! that is promising. *fingers crossed* maybe damien's, prophecygirl's and my collective powers of finger crossing will make this a reality! Big Grin

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's outstanding news, while I agree there are fun sets like Kung Fu Panda that are apealing without high end inserts, but this set is not one of them. I would enjoy getting some of the autos. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we'll hear somewhat soon on if there will be autos and/or pw's in the hobby boxes (I wouldn't be surprised if there's a retail version of this because of the popularity and demographic). Because if there are, I would imagine that would put the price back up on the boxes right? And that changes how a lot of people would place their orders. At least for me it does. *shrugs*

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Paying a slightly higher pack price for a hobby product would be fine with me. The difference between a hobby box and retail box for a product like Heroes or Star Wars is usually about five dollars.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
to my knowledge inkworks has never done hobby and retail
could be wrong
now on to the positive
fingers crossed
"the will be a kristen stewart Luv Youautograph,
the will be kristen stewart pieceworks"
repeat as many times as you can
you may also ad whatever you want
the power of our collective minds will make it happen