Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight
 Login/Join

Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
you can tell that the movie is going to be stark and dreary just based on the colors of the pieceworks costumes. they are all black, grey, white and muted blue/green tones. hopefully this means they are at least sticking to the basic theme of the books, if not the dialogue and plot lines.

i can't wait for this set to be released! i'm in for as much as i can afford.

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is out in less then a month isn't it? hopefully we get an auto list soon..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
This is out in less then a month isn't it? hopefully we get an auto list soon..

Ya, that is really frustrating...I keep wanting to pull the trigger and order some...but not having information this close to release scares me to think that maybe they have a bad lineup and don't want to scare people away Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ztaylork,

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
yesterday there whas an update on the inkworks site
but only for a promo card
the anticipation for the autograph list is killing me
as is the wait for the spirit auto lineup

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I think Twilight has potential but the way things have gone in the hobby I no longer pre-ordering any product unless there is detailed info on the contents and samples of the cards. For collectors there really is little reason to pre-order, there is no discount for ordering early and quite often you find the cheapest prices right at release as everyone starts listing boxes/cases at the same time. The 2 big reasons I like to order early are 1- that I have time to arrange payment for a larger amount if I really like the way something looks and 2- that the dealer(s) I order from will ship my cards as soon as they get them meaning a shorter wait, but without info I'm more than willing to wait until I start seeing breakdowns and what hits ebay to decide IF and HOW MUCH of a product I'll order and scope out the best prices. I'll probably get a box or 2 of this if it ends up looking good, but not until there is more info, even if that isn't until the set is released.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Inkworks has announced that there will be NO autographs for this set and that the release date has been pushed back to November 26th. I'm guessing this info will be on their website shortly, the information was just sent to dealers a few minutes ago.
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
NO autos? Shake Head

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, so much for a possible great set

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's disappointing, and certainly not worth the cost of a box anymore. The costumes are nice, but certainly not worth it on their own. I'll have to really, really love the movie to be tempted by the set now.

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prophecygirl:
NO autos? Shake Head

From Inkworks
"AUTOGRAPHS CANCELED. Due to circumstances beyond our control,
autographs have been canceled for this product."

The price of boxes has also been lowered.

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Boy, am I glad that I pre-ordered 4 boxes of this when I did. Mad

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened with Journey to the Center of the Earth. So glad I am done preordering anything anymore.

Shake Head

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No Kristen Stewart autograph? This is sad news Frown Oh well, it saves me that money and now I can only hope they lock up that other auto I've been saving my pennies for - Ghost Whisperer Jennifer Love Hewitt.Drool

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
This is very dissapointing Frown I was looking forward to this set, am glad I still hadn't made up my mind as to preordering.
Now I'll wait, see what the movie is like and go from there Shake Head

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
in a year full of dissapointments in the card world
to me this is by far the biggest

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One of the big problems in this economy is that with no pre-orders many dealers will not order much, or at all.

I base my orders on pre-order volume. I also base what I open on pre-orders, I'll need chase cards on hand if I have lots of 1-3 box customers.

It's a pity that it turned out this way, but in all fairness Inkworks did adjust the price accordingly. It was $3.49 a pack ($83.76 box SRP) and now its $2.49 ($59.76 box SRP).

I would figure you'll see boxes around the $48 mark, which really isn't bad if the set is well put together like most of the Inkworks sets are.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I would figure you'll see boxes around the $48 mark, which really isn't bad if the set is well put together like most of the Inkworks sets are.

Ed

Lets round the number a little. for $50 you can get a box of Twilight with one costume card or for $55 you can get a box of James Bond in Motion with 2 autos and 2 costume cards.

I think I now where my money is going. James bond all the way

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

Lets round the number a little. for $50 you can get a box of Twilight with one costume card or for $55 you can get a box of James Bond in Motion with 2 autos and 2 costume cards.

I think I now where my money is going. James bond all the way

Thumb UpEXACTLY Thumb Up

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unless you would still rather have a K. Stewart pieceworks over any of the Bond autos Smokin'

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post