Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Holy crimany!
A box of Twilight cards is going for $102.50 on ebay right now, and there's still almost three days left on it!
Eek

Posts: 20 | Location: PNW | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Tis the season of silly people. Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
I've been watching most of these auctions and there doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason for the prices of the individual cards. I can't get over what prices the base sets are going for on a consistant basis. Now if only I could get the other 9 cards I need to finish my 2nd set.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which ones do you need prospect5K?

Posts: 20 | Location: PNW | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paws:
Holy crimany!
A box of Twilight cards is going for $102.50 on ebay right now, and there's still almost three days left on it!
Eek

I have never seen anything like the prices for this issue Eek .I have seen base sets going for $50+ on Ebay and single base cards for $4.95.

Dealers who bought big on this set in the USA must think christmas came early and has continued later than usual Smile .

I have not seen any in the UK at all,mainly I think because it was all sold within the USA Frown

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Well I'm just glad I have no interest in this set because it looks crazily expensive to finish off even a basic set.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what's driving these prices. Its just a base set and a handful of costume pieceworks. Teenage girls and/or their parents I guess, and maybe some collectors caught up in the hype.

In any case I passed on it and I'm not sorry.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to see this set is doing well, it's always good to see a product do well, regardless if I collect it or not, it's good for the hobby. Sets like this may at least help to draw some new collectors into the hobby, which we need. I brought a few boxes, and on Christmas Eve gave out my extra cards to my nieces and they were a big hit. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Prices are indeed all over the board. I belive that the eratic pricing is just the luck of the draw. There are a lot of newbie eBay buyers that do not know when to pull the plug on an auction and go to the next one. There was a base set (no box, no wrappers...nothing else) that went for $71 Eek while some others went for less than $20 (not that I am complaining).

My only regret on this set is that I only bought 1 case. I was able to triple my money on this product...absolutely unheard of.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:

My only regret on this set is that I only bought 1 case. I was able to triple my money on this product...absolutely unheard of.

Since I don't sell and since I only collect cards of things I'm interested in I'm very happy that I passed on this set... but if I was a seller I'd be hoping that I had had the epiphany to buy lots of this product for the teenagers that are going nuts with their christmas money on ebay. Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Could you believe the prices these cards are selling for on eBay?....

Sealed boxes $200-$250
Bella Pieceworks Over $200
Edward Pieceworks Over $300

And it seems like they keep going up day by day! Who could've predicted this? Eek

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I feel a bit sorry for the people paying these prices, they are probably new to it all and two years from now won't know whats hit em when they try to sell them.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Got to agree with you wolfie - the way to get people into the hobby is that they realise that they can get some great cards at reasonable prices.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I feel a bit sorry for the people paying these prices, they are probably new to it all and two years from now won't know whats hit em when they try to sell them.

I have this funny picture in my head of all these giggling pimpled faced teenage girls oggling the pieceworks of whats-his-name and rubbing their fingers over the swatches. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I have this funny picture in my head of all these giggling pimpled faced teenage girls oggling the pieceworks of whats-his-name and rubbing their fingers over the swatches. Big Grin

Like OMG!! Like I do so, like, totally do that!

I laughed myself silly after reading your comment!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I've done it too... though with other swatch cards. Big Grin Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Redemption, wasn't it with an M costume from Bond Razz

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Redemption, wasn't it with an M costume from Bond Razz

Big Grin I don't know... probably. There's been so many over the years.

Though I do remember a special fondness for Emma Peel's (The ORIGINAL Hellfire's Queen of Sin) boot card and Arnold's Terminator boot card.

Not that I have a boot thing. Razz

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
sad thing is they can get the kid who played edwards autograph from Harry potter set for ten percent of what they are paying for the pieceworks.. Could you imagine if they had autos in the set.. I don't see the prices going down any time soon esp. with 3 more movies to go..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While that is true, it is not the same for the franchise collector. They only want the materials produced for the movie/show/series that they are collecting.