Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 5 (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 5 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Not a ton of details. Highlights:

- 2 autographs/relics/sketch cards per box
- 100-card base set
- 3 insert sets
- no manufactured relics like patches and medallions

Due out in October.

http://www.beckett.com/news/20...lking-dead-season-5/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

SKETCH CARD GUYS...... YEP, We HAVE SKETCHES!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Good news that there are no manufactured 'relics' in lieu of autos/sketches etc. and 2 hits per box sounds ok.

It's such a shame that they have come up with a nice clean auto design and then ruined it by whacking a sticker on it.

I'm not a big fan of parallel cards at all because I think they're generally lazy on the manufacturers part, but the ones listed sound pretty imaginative and in keeping with the show. Far more interesting than simple random colours like green or purple!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
"Featuring the entire 5th Season in one card series!"

I believe that was a dig.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Topps would be smart to try to mimic what Cryptozoic did as far as content and ratios as best they can. After all Cryptozoic had a good thing going so there's no need to rock the boat too much. Topps has to realize by now that most collectors aren't the biggest fans of sticker autographs so it may be unwise to make them even more angry with lame hits. It may work with Star Wars where Topps is the only game in town, but not with this property which already had several successful sets that have a different number of "real" hits per box/case than Topps is used to giving us.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post