Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    hammer horror 2 strictly ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hammer horror 2 strictly ink
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is not Hammer Horror 2, it is Hammer Gold. Apparantly Hammer Horror 2 will be early next year according to my sources.

Should be interesting, autos, costume cards and sketches.

Well at least they do have the licence for this one (I think), but this one must be more complex than the licence that they didn't have. With at least four major studios having rights(Warner Bros, Studio Canal, Sony, 20th Century Fox) unless the intelectual property is all owned by the main Hammer company.

Still nice to see a new Hammer set though, shame about the issuing company.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Strictly Ink are also pushing the boat out on this one and putting 3 hits in every box Thumb Up I think there might be 6 sketches per case, a few Barbara Shelley numbered costume cards from Quartermass, and autos from 6-9 signers including some duel autograph cards. Should be a nice set

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least the costume card will be the real deal - have a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BARBARA-...?hash=item33585164e8

Nice...

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here's the confirmed auto list so far
Barbara Shelley
David Prowse
Ingrid Pitt
Caroline Munro
Jenny Hanley
Madeline Smith
Martine Beswicke
Sheila Steafel
Julian Glover
Jacqueline Pearce
Bernard Cribbins
Valerie Leon

May possibly be 1 or 2 more but it looks as though this set is shaping up nicely judging by the fantastic sketches showing up on Scoundrel.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
More Hammer is good Hammer. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
it is now being called hammer horror 2

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed that, "Hammer Gold" implies by it's name that it would be a superior product, which I fear this will not be. A dissapointing autograph line up in my opinion, seven repeat signers and only five new ones. The box count has doubled so I would imagine the sketch ratio has halved, typical Strictly Ink, let's just hope all the sketches are in the boxes this time and not in yearboxes or sold by the company on e-bay. The old sketch card stock is being used for the majority of the sketches, they can't even be bothered to change the design thus diluting the value of Hammer 1, which has been done twice before with extra yearbox cards. I had kind of hoped for more, no maybe better, but who knows I may be pleasantly surprised (I do hope so). The Hammer franchise has such a rich wealth of untapped potential, I think it is sad that such lacklustre releases are coming out. Still a costume card is a move in the right direction. Cell cards would be cool, there are loads of film prints around. More could be done on the art side using pre production and poster artwork, maybe even magazine covers an art. Profile cards on the various actors. Subsets on genres other than Horror ie comedy, thrillers and tv series. Merchandising could be covered, there are many avenues that have been unexplored and that is a shame.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
lol julian glover (great actor and probably the most popular vilain actor in history,who else as played a bond villain,indiana jones villain,star wars villain,harry potter villain,avengers villain,dr who villain............)
i have his auto 5 times indiana jones,dr who,avengers and 2 bond types.
intrigued to know which film he's signed,quatermass and the pit ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
looking forward to seeing the katie cook sketch cards.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone have an update on when this will be released?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
About four weeks from what I have heard. It will be interesting to see what the breaks are like. See you at the Leeds comic mart in four weeks.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't recommend listing any Hammer Horror cards on ebay. They're just going to get Vero'd by Christopher Lee or his agent due to rights of publicity reasons. My boss had some listings up for Strictly Ink's previous hammer horror and ebay removed those listings. We contacted the agent to see why we couldn't sell them but have not received a response from them yet.

Posts: 6 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find that difficult to believe, there is an ACEO sketch card that has "Hammer Horror" and Christopher Lee" in it's title description and it is the third time of listing and that has never been removed, although having said that there are no official "Dracula" cards on the Bay. It should be interesting with Hammer 2 round the corner if the cards are going to be removed from auctions. Surely if this is the case it can only be the Chris Lee related cards?

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
I had 2 of mine removed for the same reason, about 3 weeks ago.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's all about who you are on Ebay Shake Head .I bought a cheap set of Playboy cards off a top rated seller although I had about half the set already.

I listed the duplicates in the same way as the original auction and mine were removed within two days Mad.

Only way I could list them was by avoiding using certain key words but of course then they don't show up in as well in searches and either sell for less or don't sell at all.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We didn't even have Christopher Lee's name in the auction and yet it still got pulled. According to Jeff Allender, I don't think any of the cards has his face on it as well as his name is not mentioned on the checklist. I'm not even sure why he is removing them from ebay because I don't think he actually owns the movie does he?

Posts: 6 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if the licence is approved by the company who owns it,whats the problem.i dont think mr lee has a leg to stand on.strange one that.

Posts: 70 | Location: widnes,cheshire | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ebay has recommended we not list these up until things are solved. We tried to contact the agent on why we couldn't list these up but didn't get a reply. I don't think it's really christopher lee pulling these auction. He just has an overzealous agent acting on his behalf IMO.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by widneswraiths:
if the licence is approved by the company who owns it,whats the problem.i dont think mr lee has a leg to stand on.strange one that.

It's not always that simple. Some actors have image approval on merchandise.

I know with all the Lord of the Rings sketches that has Christopher Lee's character had to be approved through his people.

This is what has killed a Space 1999 set as well. Without images of Martin Landau and Barbara Bain you don't have much of a set. And they won't approve their image to be used. Or that was the story last time a set was talked about.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post