Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    hammer horror 2 strictly ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hammer horror 2 strictly ink
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Not sure Wolfie I'll try and find out.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
why didn't they get Pitt and Smith to sign the same side of the card?
I would have loved THAT card (and payed lots to get it)
now I probably won't even get it

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
sorry to be negative
Its just I'm very dissapointed with that
the sketches however look real nice

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
ok,if its cheap I'll get 2
then I will be able to display both names at the same time
still dissapointed
don't mind me
just thinking out loud

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
With most of the autos being repeats from the first set this set will be very much sketch driven.

I really wanted the Barbara Shelley auto until i saw it, could they have found a worse photo?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
maybe if they tried a little bit harder
yeah the sketches are the main attraction this time

posted Hide Post
Well, as far as I am concerned this set is a spectacular fail.

Seven repeat signers out of twelve, three with identical images to the first set.

An amazingly poorly designed double auto card that should have been fantastic but instead is a joke with an auto on either side instead of together.

A reasonable costume card, but the signed one should have been signed on the front, not the back.

The most poorly chosen images I have seen on auto cards.

The ONLY redeeming feature will be the sketch cards, which of course now have no Dracula images.

What are Strictly Ink doing, this set should have been the bees knees instead it's more like a horses a$$.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaseb,

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
With most of the autos being repeats from the first set this set will be very much sketch driven.

I really wanted the Barbara Shelley auto until i saw it, could they have found a worse photo?

Perhaps she liked that picture!!! She put her name to it Big Grin

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
why didn't they get Pitt and Smith to sign the same side of the card?
I would have loved THAT card (and payed lots to get it)
now I probably won't even get it

It's a real shame as they would have both fitted on the front of that card nicely, well it's nice to have it in the set.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the long wait is over, Barrie confirmed that the cards are starting to ship today. Bouncey

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Looks like the long wait is over, Barrie confirmed that the cards are starting to ship today. Bouncey
Yep, confirmation from Barrie that my order has shipped today Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My package has just arrived. Will start opening a case now.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The binders are delayed 7 - 10 days.

Opened four boxes, only one sketch so far Frown

Autographs are hitting 3 per box.

Will post a break-down Tomorrow or Sunday.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only 3 sketches in my case and no double autograph or signed costume. No box with 4 hits either.

One of the autographs is redemtion.

Will post break-down and scan of sketches sometime tomorrow.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Both Jacqueline Pearce and Barbara Shelley are redemption. The first case I broke had a master set of autographs + spares, 4 sketches and 3 costume cards. I didn't get any boxes with 4 hits either Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Much the same here. My first case had 3 sketches, 3 costume cards and one short of a complete set of autos (the missing one being Dave Prowse). My second case had 4 sketches, 3 costume cards and a full set of autos. Both had lots of duplicate autos.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I rest my case Frown

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I,VE heard that the double auto and auto costume was not put in the boxs,so people like myself who can only afford to buy box,s have now no chance of pulling the best cards from the set. i wouldnt have pre orderd boxs if i knew this,and i wonder what happend to the george cole auto, or as the autos are all out there what is going to be in the binder when it is realeased ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:i wonder what happend to the george cole auto, or as the autos are all out there what is going to be in the binder when it is realeased ?
I didn't know there was a George Cole autograph mentioned for this set. The list of 12 on the Strictly Ink seems to be the correct/complete list. I'm not sure what will be shipping with the binders, but it could be the double autos. A very long time ago, it was going to be a Chris Lee facsimile or actual auto but obviously that changed.