Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    True Blood,no autograph or costumes in the set
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Blood,no autograph or costumes in the set
 Login/Join

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
If RA would have provided a little upfront information on what its intentions were, it could have prevented some of the concern and confusion.

I for one am VERY interested in a set that includes autographs, costumes, and possibly sketches. However, I am not interested in the "legends" set.

I hope RA does not base a decision about producing a "real" set on the popularity of this initial offering. I would like to see a season approach taken, with a separate set for each of the 4 seasons of True Blood issued.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Well, they better produce them fast as (IMHO) True Blood is losing the fam base at an alarming rate. Seems that everyone on the show is some type of supernatural being, deviant or monster-which includes vampires, werewolves, fairies, shapeshifters, ancient lady god things, etcetera. The zombies, mummies and time traveling ghosts will all appear in this upcoming season. Too much for me.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
The zombies, mummies and time traveling ghosts will all appear in this upcoming season. Too much for me.

Gee, thanks for ruining Season 5 with the unnecessary spoilers.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by willgull:
Well, they better produce them fast as (IMHO) True Blood is losing the fam base at an alarming rate./QUOTE]

Well everything runs in cycles and when anything is successful its copied until it gets old.

As much as I could tell from the few times I watched True Blood, it was the provocative nature of the show that attracted fans and the vampires and other creatures were just an excuse for it. Inevitably as the storyline keeps going on, and its all fantasy anyway, the writers run out of ideas. That's when it gets silly. I don't know if True Blood has reached that point yet, but if all the characters on the show are creatures it is too much.

Its really hard for card manufacturers to get the timing right for buying movie and TV licenses these days. For a long time sets were made based on expectations of box office and when the films turned out to be busts the cards sold poorly. Now the manufacturers wait years to put out cards on TV/Cable shows and by then they have peaked and are either losing fans or on the verge of being cancelled.

Like someone said, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
quote:
The zombies, mummies and time traveling ghosts will all appear in this upcoming season. Too much for me.

Gee, thanks for ruining Season 5 with the unnecessary spoilers.

I think it was a joke. Considering everything else that True Blood has had in four seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if any of those creatures appeared. I think the point was more of the fact that the show goes overboard at times rather than doling out spoilers.

I am positive that there will be a season based set, hopefully with good signers and good memorabilia cards, though that it up to the actors, producers, managers, and HBO when RA approaches them about getting material for the set. I doubt that it will happen until the energy for the show comes back right around the time of next summer's season premiere. The "Legends" set is only to spark some interest and generate some revenue that can be used to produce an even better seasons set.

If you like the series enough, you will be able to find this set for a good price- just look at the Star Trek Legends which are fairly cheap in the aftermarket. If you don't like it, then wait and a complete set will come. Damning this release only makes it harder for the set that you want to come to fruition, as there will be more ill will and less revenue for the set you want when it actually does materialize.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
I was joking bout the other creatures. I did watch this show up until last season when it got too convoluted, overlay dramatic and soap opery (is that a word?). I believe the set wuld still be a decent one to make, just hope that RA puts it out before the fans all but jump ship...

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was joking bout the other creatures.

Sorry, I obviously have trouble identifying sarcasm.

Picture of jimmymatthew
posted Hide Post
I just received the binder and cards for this set. Very nice, as is typical for Rittenhouse.

I definitely hope additional releases will come out for this set. There is sooo much potential for autos, props and costumes.

Posts: 38 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post