Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Autograph Revision Policy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Autograph Revision Policy
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Big news from Cryptozoic Entertainment on autograph cards:

Cryptozoic Autograph Revision Policy

See the huge list of announced autograph signers for upcoming sets.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting...doesn't appear as if Kaley Cuoco is signing for BBT Season 5.

No update on Revenge signers either is a bad sign that they really don't have any of the real main characters.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I like the amendment to the new policy there is a contract to obtain the cards so it isn't like other companies that produce "mock-ups" of cards that don't exist or that they even have contracts for. As stated on few occassions something happens beyond anyone's control but I agree that it helps to make more informed and timely decisions for both collectors and dealers. Nice job by Cryptozoic. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I was amazed at how many people used this announcement on Facebook to complain about a set not having the 'right' signers.

Cryptozoic can't win. They change an unpopular policy with a better one and they get hit with gripes.

I for one am glad to have this new information available when ordering deadlines come.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
That's a breath of fresh air to me

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I like the amendment to the new policy there is a contract to obtain the cards so it isn't like other companies that produce "mock-ups" of cards that don't exist or that they even have contracts for. As stated on few occassions something happens beyond anyone's control but I agree that it helps to make more informed and timely decisions for both collectors and dealers. Nice job by Cryptozoic. Thumb Up

I ACTUALLY agree with Batman

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I didn't see any problem with how they had been doing, waiting until the autos were in-hand to make an announcement.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
As someone on a very limited budget, this is a nice change for me because I have to decide very carefully where my dollars go. If I see a set with an autograph list that has very few cards I want, I will be able to pass it over for one with a better list (better odds for a good pull). I like base sets, but I can pick them up for $2 later, I don't need a box for that. My one complaint is that I want to see the preliminary list of signers for The Hobbit Razz

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I think this is great and thanks to them for doing it. Like Jason was saying I have a very limited budget as well and when I still don't know what cards are going to be in a set two weeks before it hits I am less likely to pick up more then a few packs.

As far as not having the "right" signer I can see some peoples point but if the first set of a series like SOA had everyone in it what would be the point of buying the next series. Like the BBT cards. They are nice but having the same 12 signers in different shirts is not really that big a deal for me.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
It's a great initiative from Cryptozoic.

Despite the facts that we don't have a full list of signers per set I don't worry too much since I know it take about 6-7 months to get a final list of signers. Usually it goes to the process to get the actors to sign contract, make the cards to the licensor for approval, print the cards, send the cards to the actor and received them back hopefully without been damage.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Its always a plus when a card manufacturer provides extra assurance to collectors, so Crypto is acknowledging that the sooner a firm autograph list (if still not absolutely guaranteed) is disclosed the better.

I for one didn't think that Crypto did very much wrong in that regard, or perhaps I should say that they weren't any worse than anyone else. If a set release was delayed its understandable that the final autograph list is going to be late too.

And with the exception of Lincoln not having signed for Walking Dead Season 1, they do get autographs from most main actors in their products. The business of misleading ads and mock up signatures that never even appear was not this company. Wink

Unfortunately many times its collectors who jump the gun when they hear a set is in production, only to be disappointed when their ideal signers are not obtained. That isn't going to change. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
This is a good move as it allows buyers to get their preorders in earlier rather than having to wait till the set is almost released to know what is going to be in it.

As Cryptozoic state, it's rare for contracted signers not to end up signing. So if they are on that list, the chances of them being in the final product is high.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
First time I've seen this thread, read the blog, and saw the posts on FB. Sounds good. I wonder if the gripes have been deleted, because I don't see that many. Either way, who they get to autograph should be the least of concerns for both the collector on CZE, IMO. Communication and allocation, IMO, are much bigger issues.

BTW, I'm wondering if the market is now being flooded with autograph cards like sketch cards. I've seen some go pretty darn low recently.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
BTW, I'm wondering if the market is now being flooded with autograph cards like sketch cards. I've seen some go pretty darn low recently.

Interesting you should say that, because I have noticed it too. There are certain recent products where the "prime" autographs appear to be quite reasonable, even shortly after release, which is normally the feeding frenzy time.

I for one welcome it as a pleasant surprise, but then I'm an autograph collector who likes affordable cards. What good is great autograph cards that I can't touch? Wink

I think increased competition does play a part in it, every mainstream entertainment set must have autographs now. It may also be that buyers are waiting longer to purchase and not falling for that first expensive rush. It may be that manufacturers are choosing titles that are too exclusive for too many collectors, so they simply don't care to buy. Or it could be that dealers are willing to discount more because their capital is needed for new orders. Or it could be that collectors can't afford to focus on more than a couple of titles at a time, so some good ones are just getting left out and wind up in the bargain bin.

Some sets seem to have just bombed, or at least their subjects did and that hurt the cards.

Anyway, it's not an unwelcome thing to see some reasonable prices on good autograph cards for a change. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post