Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking dead Topps
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking dead Topps
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Very excited that the auto's for both season 5 and the survival boxes set are on card.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Still a bit curious on this one. Although I am done with WD cards, there is that photo of Brighton signing B.S. on stickers. Which is appropriate. Big Grin

Last I heard was it will be a mix.

You can still find dropped price cases of seasons 3 and 4, I wonder how that will impact the Topps release?

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Still a bit curious on this one. Although I am done with WD cards, there is that photo of Brighton signing B.S. on stickers. Which is appropriate. Big Grin

Last I heard was it will be a mix.

You can still find dropped price cases of seasons 3 and 4, I wonder how that will impact the Topps release?

But on top of the Topps entertainment facebook page they have a photo of Tovah Feldshuh/Deanna signing on card for the survival set, maybe there are both,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And on the Melissa McBride autograph she's written ''I'm still here'' on the top left of cards, that can't be a sticker auto.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Topps have just realised 2 special tribute cards at $9.99 each they have them on their site with countdown clock, I went to buy, but post to UK is $45.00 ouch.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When does this set come out? Also, is their a list of signers yet? Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Topps have just realised 2 special tribute cards at $9.99 each they have them on their site with countdown clock, I went to buy, but post to UK is $45.00 ouch.

They are you know where, cheaper with cheaper International S/H.

NOT MY LISTING!

just tying to help out Cheifbrody.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Two shipping options for Canada... both over $40US for one single card. Why can't they just slip it into a topholder and put it into a normal envelope like mailing a letter like Inkworks used to do with redemptions? It should cost no more than a couple of dollars to send a card to Canada Razz

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
Two shipping options for Canada... both over $40US for one single card. Why can't they just slip it into a topholder and put it into a normal envelope like mailing a letter like Inkworks used to do with redemptions? It should cost no more than a couple of dollars to send a card to Canada Razz

+1
Amen to that!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

They are you know where, cheaper with cheaper International S/H.

NOT MY LISTING!

just tying to help out Cheifbrody.

Why didn't I think of that ? Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
When does this set come out? Also, is their a list of signers yet? Thanks!

It's listed as a Nov 9th release
these are the autos listed so far

Benedict Samuel as Alpha Wolf
Chad L. Coleman as Tyreese Williams
Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
Emily Kinney as Beth Greene
Melissa McBride as Carol
Michael Cudlitz as Abraham
Sonequa Martin-Green as Sasha Williams

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The full checklist has been posted on Topps' site:

https://www.topps.com/blog/top...ease-this-wednesday/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A quote from Topps regarding sketches:

"Unfortunately, they could not get approved and we had to remove them from the product." Shake Head Twak

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
A quote from Topps regarding sketches:

"Unfortunately, they could not get approved and we had to remove them from the product." Shake Head Twak

That's one way to deflect the blame, but this is the second time this week for TOPPS. Star Wars Masterwork came up short on sketches and now WD has none in it at all.

I'm curious as to how it effects the artists when they do work, send it in and some or all of their pieces are rejected. Do they still get paid for all the completed work or only for what is used? Does it matter if the card manufacturer doesn't like it or if the approval is refused by the studio? Do they ever get their sketches back or are they just the property of the card manufacturer, whether they get approved or not? Are rejects destroyed or held for another day?

It seems crazy to have artists do all the work and then toss out sketches because certain subjects are off limits or maybe the license forbids the whole deal. Isn't that something you find out before you send artists the blanks? Shake Head

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two different people on another forum opened cases and got all relics with 0 autographs. Eek Shake Head

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two different people on another forum opened cases and got all relics with 0 autographs. Eek Shake Head

If correct, that sounds totally messed up, but here's how it reads straight from the TOPPS website . . .

"Each box will contain two hits per box of either an autograph or a costume card."

Why would it not just say an autograph AND a costume card? By using the OR, you could just as well conclude that the hits might be two autograph cards or two costume cards in combination. I would never think that for one box, let alone for every box in 2 cases. However if you take the wording literally, the OR could mean an auto is not guaranteed, just 2 hits of any type, which could both be costume cards. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So someone has posted that auto odds are 1:65 packs. If true, it's a skip box product and you might get only 2 costume cards in a box with no signature card. So what's better, pulling a common signer or getting no signer at all? Let me think about it. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another breaker opened 3 hobby cases straight from their distributor and got 0 autographs. Yikes.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another breaker opened 3 hobby cases straight from their distributor and got 0 autographs. Yikes.

That should never be. If the posted odds are correct, at a minimum there should be 3 autographs per case. Forget about a single box because the odds of pulling an autograph are against you with the remaining 5 boxes probably having only costumes. But to have no autographs in a case can only be explained in one of three ways.

Either something messed up in packing and there are loaded cases out there that have an autograph card in nearly all 8 boxes, or there are loaded boxes with 2 autographs and maybe no costume card or, the worst explanation, that there were not enough autographs available to be seeded in the hobby boxes to meet the ratio.

No matter which one it may be, buyers getting skipped boxes are not going to be very happy. Especially since it wasn't exactly made clear from the start with that "each box will contain two hits per box of either an autograph or a costume card" line.

Just looked at the TOPPS website for WD again, it now reads "two hits guaranteed per box".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Either something messed up in packing and there are loaded cases out there that have an autograph card in nearly all 8 boxes, or there are loaded boxes with 2 autographs and maybe no costume card

Someone did report getting 8 autographs and 8 costume cards in a case and another person pulled 7 autographs out of their case. So those stated odds of about 3 autographs per case seem to be the average of some people getting 7 or 8 and many others getting none. Roll Eyes