Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking dead Topps
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking dead Topps
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Either something messed up in packing and there are loaded cases out there that have an autograph card in nearly all 8 boxes, or there are loaded boxes with 2 autographs and maybe no costume card

Someone did report getting 8 autographs and 8 costume cards in a case and another person pulled 7 autographs out of their case. So those stated odds of about 3 autographs per case seem to be the average of some people getting 7 or 8 and many others getting none. Roll Eyes

Than that is a possible answer and those getting the clusters would be very happy with their case.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I know I have been out of the trading card game for a while now, but was is with the digital auto cards for this set? People just buy digital autos now and look at them on their computer rather than have the actual thing? That is so weird to me.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's about it. If you call an image of a card a digital card it seems to make some people think its worth something. Roll Eyes

However with the autograph cards, don't confuse the new business with ePacks with strictly digital cards. Depending on the product, you can get both virtual cards and physical cards in ePacks. There is also a lot of trading and vaulting going on in certain circles.

It's like a new cottage industry has sprung up overnight. I don't really understand it all and I certainly am not getting into it, but it does have real repercussions to traditional card collectors because the physical cards, some exclusive to ePacks, will find their way to the secondary market. The increased supply will also effect pricing, probably driving it downward. I say that because from what I have been reading in other forums, many of the people caught up in this game don't seem to value the titles. They are playing card games with each other and trying to upgrade, while looking to convert to cash down the line. It does seem weird, but card makers like TOPPS and UD are going into this with big titles.

I would advise them to be careful. Traditional card collectors are not interested in entering a new world and the people there and buying now are fickle. It's the newness that they find attractive. When the shine wears off, we'll see if they really want the cards. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Wow, things really have changed over the last few years. Thanks for the inf there Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post