Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
No More Trading Cards at Target and Walmart

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/8787002696

June 12, 2021, 06:15 PM
chesspieceface
No More Trading Cards at Target and Walmart
Actually, to my great surprise, I was able to get a $20 retail box of the just released Topps Series 2 baseball cards at Walmart yesterday.

They were behind the counter and are strictly limited one item per customer. That's not one of each different item back there, but one item total. For these baseball cards, they had 3 configurations: a single $3 pack, an $11 hanger pack, and the $20 blaster box I got. Sure, I would've liked to have bought more as they had 6-8 of each size offering, but without these limits, I probably wouldn't have been able to get any at all.

Plus, by purchasing just the one small box, I was able to hide it under my hat as I outran the Mad Max-type gang of marauders in the parking lot to get to my car and escape that dystopian wasteland.

July 07, 2021, 12:33 PM
william291077
Howdy, I have a vague recollection of something similar happening with Star Wars figures over 20 years ago at a Toys R Us when they relaunched the Power of The Force line. TTFN

August 10, 2021, 11:25 PM
monsterwax
To show how totally absurd their reaction is, one only need compare how many fights and injuries have occurred during the Black Friday blockbuster events, and how many of THOSE did they cancel?

August 10, 2021, 11:45 PM
webjon
quote:
Originally posted by monsterwax:
To show how totally absurd their reaction is, one only need compare how many fights and injuries have occurred during the Black Friday blockbuster events, and how many of THOSE did they cancel?

I don't think the sales on Black Friday -- the largest shopping day of the year -- are comparable to the sales on trading cards.