Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Empire Strikes Back Illustrated
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Empire Strikes Back Illustrated
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Not much talk on this one at all here! Is anybody buying in to this? Are any smaller dealers getting any in?

Thanks!

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did few sketch cards and sketchagraphs for this set.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the small heads in some of the art is the either the voice actor from the radio drama or the actors who played the characters seen.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
looks great Smile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, they sprung them on us last minute. literally a few days before deadline of the main sketch cards. they even sent me two more after deadline. Chewie and C3p0 Did those so quick I didn't get to scan em.

posted Hide Post
I like the purples used in the work above.

Sounds like the Chewbacca and C-3PO Sketchagraphs were the reason for the 3 week delay in the release. If so that's a good thing.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:
I like the purples used in the work above.

Sounds like the Chewbacca and C-3PO Sketchagraphs were the reason for the 3 week delay in the release. If so that's a good thing.

We all knew they were coming(those of us who volunteered to do sketchagraphs) just not when.

posted Hide Post
I'll be intrigued at the Sketchagraph insert rate. Sell sheet said 800, so I am guessing 800 cases and 1 per case, but we shall have to see next week.

posted Hide Post
A few of My sketch Card Booklets.

posted Hide Post
By the By it's not just double sized booklet Sketch Cards it's also regular sized. Last Illustrated set only Had Booklets and Sketchagraphs.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Killed it on these, Cover. Great work!
I wanted to ask, are the sketChagraphs autographed before you draw on them, or after?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Before. It would take way too long to have us draw then send them out for auto's. they may spill something on the cards too.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
I did few sketch cards and sketchagraphs for this set.

Nice Work...

I also like that they are not sticker autos.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
I pre-ordered a box, can't wait to see what's inside as ESB is definitely my favorite SW movie (as many people I guess)

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What is the release date for this ? I thought it was late April

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

April 29th.

Though I noticed someone has a sketch on eBay already, so some people got them early again.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

April 29th.

Though I noticed someone has a sketch on eBay already, so some people got them early again.

Ed

Have A link for that auction?

posted Hide Post
I don't see any auctions up doing a quick look.

Does anybody think this will be any good? Interested to get views.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Must have been pulled. It was a 1 day auction but I don't see anything on completed auctions.

I personally think this will be a sleeper set that surprises people.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Must have been pulled. It was a 1 day auction but I don't see anything on completed auctions.

I personally think this will be a sleeper set that surprises people.

Ed

As long as it wasn't from a Topps employee or mystery account I don't really care! Was it a sketch? Any good?

I also think this might be ok, although doesn't seem like there is a tonne of stock about, which is strange. I often wonder where all the supposed hundreds of cases go...