Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I know that we collectors have a tendency to panic a little before we have all of the info, so I won't do that here, but I would be beyond disappointed if they don't have both versions. I only collected bordered versions in season one, and I would like to see continuity between my sets. Cryptozoic has been changing up designs with their sets, and I am not a fan of that at all. (I'm glad they kept the design the same for the only set of theirs I do collect, Fringe.) I think though that if any company understands the importance of keeping the designs the same, it would be the company who has kept the same Star Trek TOS series design going for over a decade Smile I planned on buying three boxes, but I would probably cut that down to one if there are no bordered autographs, and divert the funds to more Fringe 3/4.

Oddly enough, the two signers I wanted most -- Carice van Houten and Liam Cunningham -- are not on the list. Hopefully they are part of '...and many more!'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I don't think the bordered version will be retired for this set. I'd guess only showing FB examples will be merely for the purpose of aesthetics with the marketing graphic - consistency in a tableau is nice.

I'd be more curious what card designs they'll use for actors who already have both styles for Season 1 personally.

Same about Carice Van Houten! One of the autographs I was looking to get, I'm not sure I like Melissandre particularly but I enjoy her performances in other films i've seen!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Relic cards!!! Drool

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
88 is an weird number for base cards though, right? Is it possible they'll be 89/90 in Rittenhouse Rewards or something similar?

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_G:
88 is an weird number for base cards though, right? Is it possible they'll be 89/90 in Rittenhouse Rewards or something similar?

I think the checklist is usually 2 cards, which would make it 90 total.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll definitely be picking some of this up. . . I am still going after autos from the first set, and there are plenty of great cards coming!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The purchase page on Rittenhouse's site also mentions hand-drawn sketch cards.

Corey

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I put a big dent in GOT Season 1, but I still have some minor and a couple of major holes left. Hearing what's in store for Season 2 I'm starting to think that my card collecting this year is about to become a lot more compact than I expected. Eek Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
With all the new signers, it looks like the Archive box is the way to go for me, like last time. It was expensive, but I didn't need two of any certain actor's autograph, so it was easy to sell off the full bleed autos since I greatly prefer the bordered kind, and get at least some of the money back.

This time around, some of the bigger names are on full bleeds, and since I already have their bordered sigs, punting those off should enable me to afford the archive box when all is said and done. I won't need the relic cards either, since I don't generally collect those, so they'd also help defray costs. I'm glad they're having those, but I hope it's not at the expense of the shadowbox cards, as I was hoping there's be 6 more subjects featured on those for the new series.

I wonder if there will be a full bleed auto of Sean Bean in this new series. If not, he might be the only actor in the entire set to not have both styles of autograph card. If RA has already has his other version in hand, I'm sure they'll include it in Season 2, but if not, it's not really a big deal since he didn't appear in the second season after all, but it could still cause the series 1 bordered autograph card to be more in demand, if there ends up being only one version of it, that is.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see what pics they use for the Full Bleed versions of the main cast this time round.
I hope they choose a nicer picture of Emilia Clark this time, maybe a pic of her in one of the lovely dresses she wears in the city of Qarth.

And I hope they put in a FB of Sean Bean he may not have been in Season 2, but the set as a whole won't feel complete without it. Just my two cents.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
quote:

according the site, the base set is 72, not sure where you get 88. maybe the 88 includes the insert cards

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glen87:
quote:

according the site, the base set is 72, not sure where you get 88. maybe the 88 includes the insert cards

From the main banner-page:

http://scifihobby.com/products...season_two/index.cfm - "88-Card Base Set, featuring detailed plot synopses for all 10 season two episodes, and biographies for more than 50 different characters! Plus several exciting bonus sets!"

Although it does say different in the "Buy It Now" page

http://www.scifihobby.com/stor...KU=GAMEOFTHRONES2BOX - "... The 72-card base set includes plot synopses for all season two episodes, plus bios for more than 40 characters. In addition to autographs of key cast members, randomly inserted bonus cards include relic cards, hand-drawn sketch cards and more... "

Odd that the promo page and the Buy It Now page has different/new and contradicting info...

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still hoping they can get Liam Cunningham.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They may. So far, only 38 signers are listed, but in the latest issue of NSU Steve Charendoff is quoted as saying "we have autograph cards from nearly 50 different actors, including just about everyone who has had a meaningful role on this show."

I think Davos will have his card.

Looks like they'll also be "costumes and prop cards for the first time, and [they're] starting to work on sketch cards for Game of Thrones."

So about 50 signers, costume cards, prop cards, & possibly sketch cards for this set?

Pretty cool.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I have got confirmation from RA via Twitter that there will be both fullbleed and bordered autographs. Bouncey

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading on a card dealer's site that the case card will be poster cards. Unless it was a typo, looks like they're are going more than one case card to collect.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
I have got confirmation from RA via Twitter that there will be both fullbleed and bordered autographs. Bouncey

Awesome.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Awesome.

Fantastic news for sure, I'm glad they are doing the same for the autos as they did for season 1. I don't like it when companies change the look of the autos for different seasons of the same license.

Wow, so with almost 50 signers and there being two versions for almost all of them that's almost one hundred autos!?! Plus Costume, Prop and Sketch cards, doesn't anyone else think that that seems like a bit much for one set?

This set is starting to look a bit daunting. Eek

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ridiculous!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't see the point of 2 different auto styles in one release

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post