Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
I have got confirmation from RA via Twitter that there will be both fullbleed and bordered autographs. Bouncey

I don't see the point of 2 different auto styles in one release

It gives more options to collectors and it doesn't mean that all cards will have their counterpart in this release, probably some will be in the next. Let say you dislike the design of one for instance, you can collect the other one.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:

It gives more options to collectors and it doesn't mean that all cards will have their counterpart in this release, probably some will be in the next. Let say you dislike the design of one for instance, you can collect the other one.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
I, per example, like the bordered versions better Thumb Up

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
quote:
I, per example, like the bordered versions better

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
In my opinion there only needs to be one version for each series otherwise everyone should be asking for different versions for EVERY set. Sure we all have a favoured version but 99% of sets come out in one or the other. Now I can see RA believing that this gives a better re-sale value as it limits the numbers of each version and that dealers might like it that way. But if I am buying boxes and have 2 different styles in the same set I think it looks messy and I don't want to pay extra $'s just to buy the version I prefer especially if all the auto's I want are not in that style. So regardless of what others might think I personally don't see the point of 2 different versions in the same set Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
In my opinion there only needs to be one version for each series otherwise everyone should be asking for different versions for EVERY set. Sure we all have a favoured version but 99% of sets come out in one or the other. Now I can see RA believing that this gives a better re-sale value as it limits the numbers of each version and that dealers might like it that way. But if I am buying boxes and have 2 different styles in the same set I think it looks messy and I don't want to pay extra $'s just to buy the version I prefer especially if all the auto's I want are not in that style. So regardless of what others might think I personally don't see the point of 2 different versions in the same set Smile

In a away, it's a bit like that with other sets, you get a card design for a specific character in first release, then in 2nd second, that person sign again and you get a different design. So you end up with 2 if you decide to get them both. So here in GoT you get them both in the same release (for a part of them) and the rest in the next release I presume. So it's a bit the same if you count out 'Arya' that will have a 3rd card this year (but she's so lovely!!) and a few others (Joffrey. Littlefinger, Varys and 'The Hound'. I personally pick my fav from each version and put them together in my binder, a section bordered and a FB section. It's not messySmile
But I do understand your point.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I totally understand why RA did the 2 versions (to make each version more collectible/valuable) but I don't think it worked. Although I'm not really sure why. Maybe they just produced too may cards. Maybe there are too many collectors like myself who would've preferred only one card for each signer. I'm a big fan of the design and numbering that RA did with Twilight Zone and Star Trek TOS. Keep the same design all through the different sets and continue the numbering A1, A2, etc. right down the line until all sets are done. I love that continuity and in my opinion it encourages collectors to try to put together the full run. With Game of Thrones, for as much as I love the set, I'm torn on whether to get the bordereds only, full bleeds only, or both. End rant. Twak Big Grin

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
My take on the sutos in Season One is that people had to lean toward the bordered ones if they went for any of the top 8 or so autos that were bordered only. To match up they then went to the bordered commons.

With Season Two and the first photos on RA it may be that those top 8 or so autos will now be the bleed only versions with the rest mixed.

It will be interesting to see the checklist. I actually like the full bleed, given a choice.

Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested, here is the list of who's confirmed already (according to the RA site):

Nonso Anozie (Xaro Xhoan Daxos)
Gethin Anthony (Renly Baratheon)
Simon Armstrong (Qhorin Halfhand)
Nicholas Blane (Spice King)
Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth)
Emilia Clarke (Daenerys)
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister)
Charles Dance(Tywin Lannister)
Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon)
Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister)
Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell)
Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark)
Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger)
Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon)
Iain Glenn (Ser Jorah Mormont)
Ian Hanmore (Pyat Pree)
Kit Harington (Jon Snow)
Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister)
Conleth Hill (Varys)
Ralph Ineson (Dagmar Cleftjaw)
Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell)
Sybil Kekilli (Shae)
Rose Leslie (Ygritte)
Richard Madden (Robb Stark)
Francis Magee (Yoren)
Rory McCann (The Hound)
Roxanne McKee (Doreah)
Eugene Simon (Lancel Lannister)
Conan Stevens (Gregor Clegane)
Donald Sumpter (Maester Luwin)
Natalia Tena (Osha)
Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark)
Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy)
Maisie Williams (Arya Stark)
Tom Wlaschiha (Jaqen H’ghar)

For every 3 cases purchased you will receive an auto from either David Benioff or D.B. Weiss (both executive producers)

For every 6 cases purchased you will receive an auto from George R.R. Martin

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
At least this time I have a teeny tiny chance of pulling a Dinklage auto out of my box.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least this time I have a teeny tiny chance of pulling a Dinklage auto out of my box.

Hmm, that sounds kind of dirty.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:

Hmm, that sounds kind of dirty.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's mind works that way Red Face Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't think it was his mind doing the thinking... Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Here's my other amateur theory on value in Season One autos as we get to the Season Two release.

I believe autos of characters who died in the first season will end up gaining more value once people start making either master sets or character sets with Season Two. Seems like we won't see any more Jason Momoa or Harry Lloyd autos.

IMHO,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinnyH:
Here's my other amateur theory on value in Season One autos as we get to the Season Two release.

I believe autos of characters who died in the first season will end up gaining more value once people start making either master sets or character sets with Season Two. Seems like we won't see any more Jason Momoa or Harry Lloyd autos.

IMHO,
VinnyH

Very true Vinny

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 04, 2013 06:07 PMHide Post
quote:

IMHO,
VinnyH

Good reasoning, but Momoa did come back for that dream sequence at the end of Season 2 (when Dany was in the House of the Undying to get her dragons back), so he could definitely sign again for the new set.

The Sean Bean Ned Stark card could gain in stature though, for the reasons you've described, since he did not return in season 2.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
posted March 04, 2013 06:07 PMHide Post
quote:

IMHO,
VinnyH

Good reasoning, but Momoa did come back for that dream sequence at the end of Season 2 (when Dany was in the House of the Undying to get her dragons back), so he could definitely sign again for the new set.

The Sean Bean Ned Stark card could gain in stature though, for the reasons you've described, since he did not return in season 2.

Good catch on Drogo and the dream sequence. We'll have to see if he pops up on the checklist.
Best to All,
VinnyH

Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the rest of the world but at Blowout Cards the Season One cases are up to $900.

Game of Thrones will be a steady HOT product.

IMHO,
VinnyH

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Seasons 3 and 4 of the series will both be used to adapt Book 3 of the series, since it is mammoth in scope.

Books 4 and 5 are already written so those will take up Seasons 5 and 6 of the show, at least.

Then, there are supposed to be 2 more books to finish the series, but there could be 3 since Martin himself has said the thing has taken on a life of its own.

Assuming the ratings stay up, that means there should be AT LEAST 8 seasons of Game of Thrones, but really there could be even more than that, I'm thinking 10.

If Rittenhouse sticks with it, and given the amount of new characters introduced each season, this could be their largest autograph list from a single subject, when all is said and done.

Glad I have all the Season 1 autographs, the bordered versions anyway. I think they will be highly sought after in years to come. Can't wait until Syrio Forel comes backs.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post