Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Can't wait until Syrio Forel comes backs.

Me too! I found him to be the most intriguing character in the whole of season two, and was disappointed when he left.

And boy am I glad I finished my master set of season one, I think this series is going to be my only set that I spend alot of money on, well it will be the set I focus the most on.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please avoid spoilers. I haven't read the books.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
It's hard when you're behind with the show/books when people post spoilers, but it is inevitable to come across them and you can't expect people who have seen/read not to discuss it because you haven't.

I'm awaiting the Season 2 dvd, haven't read the books, and seen a couple of huge spoilers on this thread.

But I am not complaining because as i said above, I am behind and can't expect people to keep quiet because of that. It would nice to never see a single spoiler, but highly unlikely and I accept that!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Can't wait until Syrio Forel comes backs.

Me too! I found him to be the most intriguing character in the whole of season two, and was disappointed when he left.

And boy am I glad I finished my master set of season one, I think this series is going to be my only set that I spend alot of money on, well it will be the set I focus the most on.

Syrio Forel was the character in the first season who taught Arya to "dance" and hasn't been seen since he held off the guards so that she could escape when they arrested her father so you folks must be talking about a different character.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The bit about Syrio was definitely not a spoiler, because I don't know if he comes back.

It just seems like when someone dies on the show, they have no problem showing that death, often graphically, and since they didn't actually show Syrio die in Season 1, I'm assuming he survived and will have a reunion with Arya someday, but again, I truly have no idea, and like most who haven't read all the books, I don't want to know until I see it on the show.

I have the first four books, but I've only read up through what's been covered on the series, specifically to avoid spoiling it for myself. It's tough to stop myself from reading when I catch up with the show, but I've done OK so far. I've treated myself to a little bit of the 3rd book, which will be the basis of the next two seasons, but I've put the books away so I won't even be able to read anymore, until April at least. It's tough, beyond his imagination for creating literally hundreds of characters (many with two or more names!), George R.R. Martin is a highly poetic writer. Some of the passages are breathtaking, the man can really turn a phrase, and any fan of this TV series absolutely should read the books, the first two at least, as they add A LOT to the story.

So anyway, I do not know if Syrio is coming back. I have no idea, I just hope so. His character reminds of the kind found in William Goldman's "The Princess Bride", one of my favorite books and movies, and I thought his scenes with Arya were a highlight of Season 1, just like her scenes with Jaqen the Red Knight were a bright spot in Season 2.

But I currently possess no information that could spoil anything for anyone, so please don't worry about anything I said regarding Syrio being a spoiler. I wouldn't and it wasn't.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
For real Syrio spoiler:

I have read up through Dance with Dragons, and he does *not* come back, and is never mentioned as being alive at any point.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
Syrio Forel was the character in the first season who taught Arya to "dance" and hasn't been seen since he held off the guards so that she could escape when they arrested her father so you folks must be talking about a different character.

Ahh.. that's what I get for reading posts and responding when I'm too tired Twak Smile
I was getting him and Jaqen from season two mixed up, and I agree with Chesspiece, the best scenes from season one and two seemed to be with Arya and whoever she is with.

I'm a big book reader but somehow managed to miss this series, so glad I did because I love the show. And now I don't want to read the books because 90% of the time movies or TV shows just don't live up to the book and I don't want to be watching the show and expecting certain scenes to happen. So there haven't been any book spoilers from me.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Season 1 was only about the 5th master set I've ever put together over the last 15 years or so. I'm hoping to do the same with Season 2.
I'd really love to buy a case this time, which would be the first time I've ever bought a case. Anyone know the best way to buy one in the UK. Is it cheaper to import from the US myself even with Custom fees, or is there a good UK seller of GoT cases?

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Hedgehog Witch. If you drop me an email on info@cardowner.co.uk I can give you details re getting a case directly from UK.

It will save the hassle of dealing with import duties/taxes and also get the case quicker.

Posts: 61 | Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks. Thumb Up

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Promo's have surfaced- one of Dany which is labelled P1, and one of Joffrey on the Iron Throne also listed as P1, but a picture of the back not provided as with the Dany promo.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I saw those, they can't both be P1, the one on the throne is P2 and is in this months NSU.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am really curious to see what the ratio for the relic cards are going to be. Also, did anyone notice that the Gregor Clegane they listed as the signer is the Gregor Clegane from season one and not the new guy from season two?

Posts: 1 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone get Entertainment Weekly magazine?
This week they have a cover with Dany and Jon Snow together, just a nice portrait of them in character, but inside there's a funny shot of them goofing off in the same photo session.

EW did something similar with their Season 2 preview issue last year by featuring the actors in character on the cover(s), but inside they are all shown, still in costume, pretending to be a rock band on stage, just a terrific picture.

All right, I know this doesn't have anything to do with cards, but I'm excited for the new season, just a little over 2 weeks now. I've read about 200 pages of Book 3, just for a taste of things to come. Forgive the minor spoiler, but there are some great scenes coming in Season 3's episode one right out of the gate, that's for sure.

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnJRambo:
Also, did anyone notice that the Gregor Clegane they listed as the signer is the Gregor Clegane from season one and not the new guy from season two?

Good catch. Conan Steven was indeed only in season one. Ian Whyte is Gregor from season two on.

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I've been watching season 1 & 2 marathon style every night for the past week in anticipation of season 3, to refresh my memory and tide me over till the end of the month.
Can't wait I'm so excited it's ridiculous Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Started season 2 tonight and there are a few names I would have really liked to be on the auto list.
Josef Altin and Mark Stanley as Pypar and Grenn, the two other friends of Jon Snow and Samwell at the wall. I loved the dynamic between those four friends.
Peter Vaughan as Maester Aemon and James Cosmo as Jeor Mormont, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.
Joe Dempsie as Gendry, it seems any character that has anything to do with Arya always ends up being a more interesting character then they otherwise would be. Smile I'm just very happy they were able to get Joe Dempsie as Jaqen H'ghar to sign.
And last but not least Liam Cunningham as Ser Davos Seaworth, to me his character was almost as important as Stannis Baratheon, so I'm disappointed he isn't on the list.

But I don't want to complain to much Smile I love the line up but it would have been nice not to have so many repeat signers that have already signed on both formats.

posted Hide Post
I'd love a Peter Vaughan autograph card too. A lot of Brits will know him as 'Grouty' from 1970's prison sitcom 'Porridge'. He must be in a time warp because he really doesn't look much different all these years later. Smile

I'll be having a GoT DVD marathon soon too. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
And last but not least Liam Cunningham as Ser Davos Seaworth, to me his character was almost as important as Stannis Baratheon, so I'm disappointed he isn't on the list.

I dig me some "Onion Knight", easily one of my favorite characters on the show. I'm sure they'll get him for Season 3.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
least Liam Cunningham as Ser Davos Seaworth, to me his character was almost as important as Stannis Baratheon, so I'm disappointed he isn't on the list.

I actually emailed the owner of Rittenhouse about Liam. He said they tried and were unsuccessful in getting him. But, he said that could change.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post