Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:
quote:

GAME OF THRONES PHOTO 1 by bigmike2738, on Flickr

thanks a lot
this is the picture I was looking for

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks Hammer, they sound interesting. So when you say big, do you mean the size of the card or are they just really thick like some costume cards.

Thick like a Prop card

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks Hammer, they sound interesting. So when you say big, do you mean the size of the card or are they just really thick like some costume cards.

Thick like a Prop card

Thank you for clarifing this, as I too did not know what a Shawdow box card was.

I am really excited for this set. That Bean auto is gorgeous. Smokin'

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thank you Hammer for the info, very helpful.
So can I ask what do people keep these really thick Shadow Box cards in? The same for prop cards too, I have a couple of Buffy PWs that are fairl thick but I just don't know what to do with them, preferably, I would like to keep everything in the same Binder but how is that possible?
Should I just get some 2 or 4 pocket pages and put them in that? How do other people store those kind of things?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Four pocket pages worked well for me with the extra thick Tudors cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
as triple-frog, the 4 pocket work well

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
For the "thicker than average" like the Shadowbox cards, I'd try 8 pocket pages.

If you get crazy-thick like the Tudors stuff, you're looking at 4 pocket pages for sure.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of 8 pocket pages, are they 2x4 or 4x2? What type of card are they intended for?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8 pocket pages are produced for "vintage" type baseball cards from the 50's which are slightly larger then the regular size type of cards we know (and love).

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The "slightly larger" aspect lets them fit cards that won't fit in a 9 pocket page.

The pockets are also landscape format so they work well with cards of that design.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the help, I think I am going to have to get a few of both the 4 and 8 pocket pages, especially for my Tudors prop cards.
I'll finally be able to keep them in the binder with the rest of the cards Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on the 8 pocket pages, I'll have to look for them for my Tudors cards.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i cant wait for this release Drool

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I got some 8 pocket pages for a set done in landscape and found for normal size card the pockets are a bit loose. The pockets are a bit too wide and the seam is not welded high enough up the middle to stop it from been a bit flappy/loose.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info,
do you guys think Rittenhouse will come out with a season two of this product?

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4444:
thanks for the info,
do you guys think Rittenhouse will come out with a season two of this product?

The way Season 1 has sold, I'd think a Season 2 set is a lock.

I've sold more of this set than anything in the last 2 years.

Ed

posted Hide Post
thanks for the reply i really hope we get some costume cards for next year
but i am happy either way Elephant

posted Hide Post
RA released rarity info and autographs pics for this set on their website. They also revealed 21 full bleed duplicate autos included in the set.

I'm conflicted because I purchased a case with the thought I'd only need 4 more pack pulled autos and the two incentive cards to complete the set (if it perfectly collated. If not I'd sell or trade to get the few extra I needed). Now, I'll need at least a minimum of 25 more additional autograph cards and the incentive cards to complete a set.

The full bleeds are great, but I wish they would've been saved for another set.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for this set, but I'm not very happy about the extra autos. I have a case +3 boxes ordered for 30 autos, which I figured would get me close to all of them. Now, I won't be anywhere near that. The money I planned on for True Blood is going to go for this set now instead.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:
RA released rarity info and autographs pics for this set on their website. They also revealed 21 full bleed duplicate autos included in the set.

I'm conflicted because I purchased a case with the thought I'd only need 4 more pack pulled autos and the two incentive cards to complete the set (if it perfectly collated. If not I'd sell or trade to get the few extra I needed). Now, I'll need at least a minimum of 25 more additional autograph cards and the incentive cards to complete a set.

The full bleeds are great, but I wish they would've been saved for another set.

I just saw that...that's a crazy auto checklist...like 50 autos. I got two cases, and now I'm wishing I got another. Oh well

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post