Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
quote:
I have not seen these before, can you explain a little more about them please? you have my interest Smile

I know eBay links aren't usually allowed, but hopefully no one will complain as this isn't a card auction, I have no connection with the seller, and am only posting to help a fellow collector Smile These are the albums/portfolios I mean. Each page holds 4 standard cards, 10 pages in all (40 or 80 cards in total, depending if you double up or not - I don't):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-...&hash=item5d335c9907

Only drawback is the limited capacity and the fact you cannot add pages. Very sturdy design, ideal IMO for autograph and sketch collections (though probably not base sets due to their limited space). Hope that helps!

Thanks Kris Thumb Up I had no idea something like that existed, I really like the idea of them so hopefully I'll be able to track some down here in Australia now that I know what I'm looking for. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what size toploader though?

Posts: 3 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: May 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:Thanks Kris Thumb Up I had no idea something like that existed, I really like the idea of them so hopefully I'll be able to track some down here in Australia now that I know what I'm looking for. Smile

No worries, happy to help Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

The fact that they're all pre-order cards usually does hamper purchases, otherwise, I think he'd be selling a lot more of them if he had them in hand at these prices. Pre-orders can sometimes be delayed and some people don't like paying for things in advance of their release.

With this set however, everything seems to be ready to go if the pictures are any indication plus Rittenhouse has been pretty good at hitting its release dates over the year, which is all the more impressive given their reliance on neither sticker autographs or redemption cards.

All that said, I do think the seller has his prices too low on the ones listed, and I couldn't resist picking up a trio of nice cards for $49 delivered. I got the border versionz of Baelish aka Littlefinger, Varys the Spider, and Theon Greyjoy, the "Prince of Winterfell", three of my favorite characters.

Pre-orders can also be cancelled. Its not supposed to happen, but if a seller over estimates the number he will get of a certain card and over sells it, or if he discovers that he has grossly underpriced a certain card, he will try to back out and take the loss of a few customers. Besides lodging a complaint with eBay, you can't make him complete the transaction if he swears he doesn't have the cards for whatever BS reason.

With the case incentive autographs there is less of an excuse to cancel a deal. Sellers should know exactly how many cases they ordered and therefore have an accurate count of how many incentives they will have to offer.

There are not really that many preorders of the Thrones autograph cards up right now. Most are from the same few sellers, so its hard to judge if the prices will hold up, be undercut or increase. I will say that a lot of these autographs are priced higher than I thought they would be. I can understand it for the stars and better known names, but too many are being offered for near or over the box price to me. With so many autos I think I'll have to wait and see what happens when the boxes open, just my own opinion.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have decided to break 3 cases to give myself an idea of the break down per case (How many of the bigger names per case)

If the Autos sell well I may be better off busting cases rather than selling them sealed.
I do have 3 Dinklage and 6 Bean Autos coming as well. And then there is the Archives box which is the whole reason I bought so much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cubfan86,

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Cubfan86, a quick note : advertising like that is strictly forbidden on Card Talk. You should edit your post or a moderator will do it for you.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RA posted pics of their Game of Thrones sigil cards on their pinterest site.

http://pinterest.com/scifihobb...rones-trading-cards/

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went a little crazy on the autograph pre-orders. So far I got 2 of Peter Dinklage at $250 each, 2 of Sean Bean at $135 each, 2 of Maisie Williams at $30 each, and 1 Lena Headey at $140. Now the only one left that I want is Emilia Clarke. I think Maisie Williams may end up being the sleeper hit of this set.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RA has now posted images of all the base cards in the set:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=258

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
There's 2 different versions of Maisie Williams though, so it could depend on how many are out there overall.

Hopefully I can get a Lena Headey or Emilia Clarke auto in one of my boxes because they seem to be quite high in price for pre sales.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for base sets and Autograph cards, I put what I have for trade in the trade section. For those of you breaking cases feel free to email me marco@25west.com

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how many boxes of this are being made? Someone on RA's forum said they heard 9,500. Is that number accurate?

posted Hide Post
Yes, Steve just confirmed it on the RA forums. He said the product was "white hot" and he had inquiries for 2k more boxes this past week. He wished they'd had done more.

This is probably why the release was watered down with those 21 extra upper end limited full bleed autographs of mostly minor characters added after the official pre-order window closed. They wanted to make more sales on a popular title.

Best Regards,

Michael

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
That's a big run, are there 10 or 12 boxes per case?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:
Yes, Steve just confirmed it on the RA forums. He said the product was "white hot" and he had inquiries for 2k more boxes this past week. He wished they'd had done more.

This is probably why the release was watered down with those 21 extra upper end limited full bleed autographs of mostly minor characters added after the official pre-order window closed. They wanted to make more sales on a popular title.

Best Regards,

Michael

The product wasn't really watered down. Each signer signed a similar number of cards (between 300-500). Those who signed two versions just signed less of each version. At least that's the way I understand it.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:

Best Regards,

Michael

The product wasn't really watered down. Each signer signed a similar number of cards (between 300-500). Those who signed two versions just signed less of each version. At least that's the way I understand it.

since they probably designed 2 auto for each signers, I would assume they signed about the same number of each and they would be divided between season 1 and 2 release. The Lower/Upper end is applied on each auto individually and not on the signer

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

Here's a quote from Steve on the RA boards:

"Regarding the autographs, both styles will be produced in roughly equal quantities for each actor who has 2 cards. Over the years, we have had many collectors ask us to produce more than one autograph card for actors, rather than have one card produced in greater quantities. So thats what we've done here. So rather than making 800 cards of a particular actor, now you have 400 each of 2 different cards, which makes each of those cards more collectable and more valuable."

So basically, for the actors who have 2 different style autographs, the grand total of their signed cards (at approx. 800) would be "common" but splitting them into 2 different styles at approx. 400 each makes each card "limited". So the actors with only bordered autographs have signed considerably less total cards than the actors who signed both versions. I would guess around 300-350 for the bordered only compared to approx. 800 (400 each style) for the 2-style signers. If that makes sense. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
There are 12 boxes per case.

Thanks Kennywood Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From scans I've seen on eBay it appears that Rittenhouse has put a watermark on the back of the autograph cards. I've never noticed but have they ever done this before or is this new for them? At any rate I say hooray to them as this should curtail the autograph card faking (for this set at least).

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Trek cards ahve had the watermark for a few sets now. Nice addition!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post