Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
49 autographs Eek
is this normal for a Rittenhouse set?

I don't understand the need to have 2 each of mostly lesser known characters (not all of them though I must admit) and the main more desired characters only have the border type auto. I thought Rittenhouse had all but said that they will be releasing a set for the second season, I would have thought they would want to keep something for the second series.

This set seems very daunting now to try to attempt a master set, for those of us on a budget.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
49 autographs Eek

The Women of Star Trek (2010) set had 49 autos actually plus three case incentive autos, so it isn't unheard of from Rittenhouse to have an autograph list that big.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went over to their site to check that card set out and found that set had 49 different signers and the autos came three to a box. Here there's really only 30 signers and 21 duplicates. With only two to a box, it's possible that you'll only get one signer in a box (full bleed and bordered versions for the signer).

There's a lot I like about having full bleed autos versions and
and if RA announced that autos for this set is now 3 or 4 to a box, I'd be happy about the full bleed additions to the set, but right now it's bumming me out.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Not really getting the need for the full bleed autos. They seem all over the place, why didn't they stick to a single house as the full bleeds, or the main characters?

Of course it is possible that all the actors signed two different versions and they are including just some of the full bleeds in this set and holding the rest for the next set.

There will be quite a lot of new characters added for season 2, so I'm sure they will have no trouble doing another 30+ auto line up.

Perhaps they also wanted to have as many autos as possible seeing as there are no other big hits, like sketches, costumes or props.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering about the people on eBay who've already bought "complete sets" before the variant autographs were announced. (for about $1,900!) Will the retailers be able to cough up the extra 21 full-bleed autos? Or will the buyers be happy with possibly a mismatched set of 30 bordered and full-bleed autos?

As a big Game of Thrones fan, this set has sucked me back into card collecting. First I ordered a box, then as I found out more I took the dive and ordered 2 cases. That gives me 50 autographs. I thought that would be enough to trade and sell to get a complete set and maybe make a little of my money back, but now that's still not enough autos!

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the need for duplicate autos in this set. With Bond there was at least the historical look from pasts sets with the new full-bleed format. The Walking Dead Season 1 did this as well and I don't understand again. I am typically a completist but can easily be satisified with only a single format in my set.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
49 autographs Eek

The Women of Star Trek (2010) set had 49 autos actually plus three case incentive autos, so it isn't unheard of from Rittenhouse to have an autograph list that big.

Val

True. Games of Thrones looks to actually have 51 with the case incentives. The Complete Twilight Zone had 52 (including incentives), but those were all unique autographs, so that might be the topper for a single subject non-sport set (allowing for sets like Studio Americana and the like). .

In regards to full-bleed versus bordered autographs, it may be that early sales were better than Rittenhouse had anticipated so they went back to the well for more autographs so they could up the overall production run. It's purely anecdotal, but I've read several times now where people who don't normally collect cards are jumping into the hobby for this release, at least, a sort of Twilight/Walking Dead/Big Bang Theory effect.

Interestingly, the 8 actors not to sign a second version of their cards are arguably the biggest stars Game of Thrones Season 1, namely the Starks (Eddard, Catelyn, Robb, and Jon Snow), the Lannisters (Tywin, Tyrion, Cersi, Jamie) and the Khaleesi/Dragon Queen.

So those 9 are the actual "Limited" autographs, while the other 21 are in the "Normal" range if you add the quantities of their two cards together. Not being a big Bond or Star Trek buff, I've not had a lot of experience with regular versus full bleed autos, but on the few cards I've been interested in previously that had two versions, I've always just decided which photo I liked better and pursued that one.

A complete set of these will be one card per actor in my view, which is lucky for me, since I'll have 21 autographs left over to help me defray the cost I paid for archive box of this I got for what just became a much better deal. I had a feeling more stuff would be added to the checklist I bought it (there were about 20 announced signers at that time), but I didn't think it would be an additional 30 autographs!

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anybody get the new quantity label? I didn't know what to make of Limited Lower End/Limited Upper End meant...which one of these is the more limited?

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Anybody get the new quantity label? I didn't know what to make of Limited Lower End/Limited Upper End meant...which one of these is the more limited?

the limited range is 300-500
so the upper end is 500 and lower end is 300
Autograph like Jon Snow and Daenerys would be near 300.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

the limited range is 300-500
so the upper end is 500 and lower end is 300
Autograph like Jon Snow and Daenerys would be near 300.

Ah...thanks...they all appeared to be limited so there are 49 autos all of which have 300 to 500 of each...that could work out to be 10,000 boxes (at say 400 each there would be 9800 boxes)...so 825+ cases.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Oh my that is a boatload of autos. I have to agree with Juelle Lou about being on a budget. I love this show but that is way to rich for my budget even spread over many many months. Frown

Still glad to have the set for this great show.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Oh my that is a boatload of autos. I have to agree with Juelle Lou about being on a budget. I love this show but that is way to rich for my budget even spread over many many months. Frown

Still glad to have the set for this great show.

anyone 'rich as a Lannister' wouldn't have any problem to collect them all Roll Eyes

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my archives Box listed for sale but just pulled it.
Does anyone know if they will include all of the autos in the Archives box as originally stated?
I went crazy on this set and ordered 18 cases to get the Case incentives and I am happier with my decision each day Smile

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well I doubt many who are rich as a Lannister are collecting these, but I am looking forward to trying. And it's a good thing for me that there isn't any other kind of chase, costume/relic cards, I can just focus on getting those autos.

There really are too many good sets coming out too close together, I just cannot possibly keep up! Smile

And Cubfan, wow Eek 18 cases, I'm in awe... Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cubfan86:
I had my archives Box listed for sale but just pulled it.
Does anyone know if they will include all of the autos in the Archives box as originally stated?
I went crazy on this set and ordered 18 cases to get the Case incentives and I am happier with my decision each day Smile

I'm sure they'll all in in there.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Actually, my main issue with it is not the amount of cards, since there are honestly only one or two I would not want to pull, but the idea of two different designs is bugging me a little.

I bought two boxes in the hopes I could pull some of the harder to get autographs, and now my chances seem that much slimmer. On the plus side, there are three cards that are musts for me -- Esme Bianco, Alfie Allen and Maisie Williams -- and they all seem to be on the upper scale, so it shouldn't break the bank to get them.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what case prices will do after release. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to bust some fo the cases and sell the Autos or keep them sealed.
Would love to know what you guys think the Autos will sell for from the set.

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on RA history I would expect common and lesser actors to fetch in the $10-$20 range. With RA's decision to double the number of autos this could be high. IMHO...

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cubfan86:
I am not sure what case prices will do after release. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to bust some fo the cases and sell the Autos or keep them sealed.
Would love to know what you guys think the Autos will sell for from the set.

I don't see case prices increasing much if at all. To me the number of autos can only really hurt the cost of a case. Obviously the Archive box price will go up though.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
The last time they went this high on the number of autos on a non star trek / james bond release was heroes and that was because they were only doing 1 set. That cant be the case here as well can it?

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post