Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
True but I'm not looking forward to season 2 of Vampire Diaries, because they have put all the main characters in the first seasons set. So really there isn't going to be anything high end that will be new, apart from secondary characters. You have to have some main characters to look forward to, especially if you're going for the longer run and releasing more than one seasons set.

And I still think Game of Thrones was a far better set, not just because of the autos, but the quality of the cards themselves, the Vampire Diaries had lots of problems with collation, poorly cut and damaged cards. I base a set on it's overall quality, not just who signs and what costume cards are included.

Imagine what season 2 could be with costume cards Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Season 1 is one of the greatest sets ever made, from top to bottom.

Couldn't agree with you more Chesspiece Thumb Up

Season 2 I would love to see both Baratheon brothers, Stephen Dillane (as Stannis) & Gethin Anthony (as Renly), Liam Cunningham (as Ser Davos Seaworth), Carice van Houten (as Melisandre), Gwendoline Christie (as Brienne of Tarth, she is by far one of my favourite characters Smile), Natalie Dormer (as Margaery Tyrell), Finn Jones (as Loras Tyrell), Rose Leslie (as Ygritte the Wildling), Patrick Malahide (as Balon Greyjoy), James Cosmo (as Jeor Mormont) and Sibel Kekilli (as Shae) my list could could go on but they are my top wants for season 2 Big Grin

I'm so glad they have said they will be getting Iain Glen (as Ser Jorah), Natalia Tena (as Osha the Wildling) and Sophie Turner (as Sansa Stark) to sign, the set just wouldn't be complete without their autographs.

Great list! The group you've listed above along with some repeat signers (and the few missing signers from Series 1) would make a great set on its own, but I'm sure Rittenhouse will add some to it. The show's creators can definitely take a bow with autograph cards at this point. A dual autograph card would be perfect for that since they are a team. (Actually a triple of Benioff, Weiss, and creator George R.R. Martin would be the best!)

In regards to new characters for Season 2, Theon's sister (Balon's daughter), has to be in the next autograph set for sure. Is her name Asha? (Maybe that's where I got that name I incorrectly assigned Osha the Wilding. Thanks for the subtle correction on that by the way Smile )
Anyway, the scenes with Theon and his sister were some of the best of Season 2. I particularly enjoyed her meeting with him in Winterfell which included some lovely dialogue in it about her imploring him to not die so far from the sea. That exchange didn't seem to be in the book, to my surprise. I've been reading the books concurrently with the series, but there's no way I'll be able to stop reading the third book, a bit of which comprised the end of Season 2, which is why I began reading it in the first place.

Apparently, this 3rd book "A Storm of Swords" will be the basis of the 3rd and 4th seasons of the show as it is mammoth in scope.

One thing's for sure, that more than a decade removed from the publication of the early books currently being adapted for the series, Martin has gone back and punched up some of the dialogue and it's better than ever. He's a skilled dialogue writer, but his real strngth is description. Many lines in these books are practically poetry. And given his close involvement with the show, it's likely the filmed series could have some influence on the final two as-yet-unwritten books by the time it's all said and done.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Season 2 I would love to see both Baratheon brothers, Stephen Dillane (as Stannis) & Gethin Anthony (as Renly), Liam Cunningham (as Ser Davos Seaworth), Carice van Houten (as Melisandre), Gwendoline Christie (as Brienne of Tarth, she is by far one of my favourite characters Smile), Natalie Dormer (as Margaery Tyrell), Finn Jones (as Loras Tyrell), Rose Leslie (as Ygritte the Wildling), Patrick Malahide (as Balon Greyjoy), James Cosmo (as Jeor Mormont) and Sibel Kekilli (as Shae) my list could could go on but they are my top wants for season 2 Big Grin

I'm so glad they have said they will be getting Iain Glen (as Ser Jorah), Natalia Tena (as Osha the Wildling) and Sophie Turner (as Sansa Stark) to sign, the set just wouldn't be complete without their autographs.

Great list! The group you've listed above along with some repeat signers (and the few missing signers from Series 1) would make a great set on its own, but I'm sure Rittenhouse will add some to it. The show's creators can definitely take a bow with autograph cards at this point. A dual autograph card would be perfect for that since they are a team. (Actually a triple of Benioff, Weiss, and creator George R.R. Martin would be the best!)

In regards to new characters for Season 2, Theon's sister (Balon's daughter), has to be in the next autograph set for sure. Is her name Asha? (Maybe that's where I got that name I incorrectly assigned Osha the Wilding. Thanks for the subtle correction on that by the way Smile )
Anyway, the scenes with Theon and his sister were some of the best of Season 2. I particularly enjoyed her meeting with him in Winterfell which included some lovely dialogue in it about her imploring him to not die so far from the sea. That exchange didn't seem to be in the book, to my surprise. I've been reading the books concurrently with the series, but there's no way I'll be able to stop reading the third book, a bit of which comprised the end of Season 2, which is why I began reading it in the first place.

Apparently, this 3rd book "A Storm of Swords" will be the basis of the 3rd and 4th seasons of the show as it is mammoth in scope.

One thing's for sure, that more than a decade removed from the publication of the early books currently being adapted for the series, Martin has gone back and punched up some of the dialogue and it's better than ever. He's a skilled dialogue writer, but his real strngth is description. Many lines in these books are practically poetry. And given his close involvement with the show, it's likely the filmed series could have some influence on the final two as-yet-unwritten books by the time it's all said and done.

Yeah, I noticed you put an A instead of an O, I actually thought it was just a typo Smile

Ahh, I can't believe I forgot Theon's sister Yara Twak I love the satisfied smirk on her face when he finds out she's his sister, and the scene at Winterfell between them is one of the most moving scenes in S2. Definitely need her autograph in the set.

I agree, dual autos could be used very effectively with this set, not just the creators, but maybe even duals with certain characters could be interesting too.
And since George R.R. Martin seems to be so heavily involved with the show I would LOVE to see Rittenhouse get him to sign, now that would make an awesome case incentive Big Grin Luv You

Surprisingly, I never read the series, it somehow missed my radar Eek Which is quite shocking because I'm a huge fantasy reader. But I can't bring myself to start now because I'm loving the show so much I want to enjoy it without any expectations Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I noticed you put an A instead of an O, I actually thought it was just a typo Smile

Ahh, I can't believe I forgot Theon's sister Yara Twak I love the satisfied smirk on her face when he finds out she's his sister, and the scene at Winterfell between them is one of the most moving scenes in S2. Definitely need her autograph in the set.

I agree, dual autos could be used very effectively with this set, not just the creators, but maybe even duals with certain characters could be interesting too.
And since George R.R. Martin seems to be so heavily involved with the show I would LOVE to see Rittenhouse get him to sign, now that would make an awesome case incentive Big Grin Luv You

Surprisingly, I never read the series, it somehow missed my radar Eek Which is quite shocking because I'm a huge fantasy reader. But I can't bring myself to start now because I'm loving the show so much I want to enjoy it without any expectations Smile

Yara, that's it! When she was pretending to be someone else upon her first reunion with Theon, I think she might've said her name was Asha.

And while we're at it, first season characters who could've been in the Season 1 set, but now MUST be in the Season 2 set are Gendry, the son of King Robert and actual rightful heir to the throne if I'm not mistaken and the wonderful Jaqen H'ghar, he of the nifty "Valar Morghulis" coin in the last episode.

The books are great reads, but I'm going to try to stop myself. I want to be surprised by the show just like you. Man, season 3 can't get here quick enough!

Finally, there was one other thing I was really surprised to find wasn't from the book, namely that scene from early in Season 2 when Queen Cersei shows Littlefinger what real power is. One of the most powerful scenes of the season, yet not in the book! (unless I missed it somehow). Also, in the books, Lady Catelyn has received the word that something terrible has happened to her young sons at Winterfell, which makes her desperate decision and resulting action to try to get her daughters back a little more understandable, especially considering what's also very recently happened with her husband. In the series, it doesn't seem that she has been told the thing about her sons. (I'm purposely not spelling anything out to avoid out-and-out spoilers, but then again, to anyone who hasn't seen all of season 2 yet, c'mon people, get with the program!).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yara, that's it! When she was pretending to be someone else upon her first reunion with Theon, I think she might've said her name was Asha.

I think her name is Asha in the book, but they changed it to Yara for the show as Asha was too similar to Osha.

Season 2 was quite a bit different to the second book. That scene with Cersei and Littlefinger wasn't in the book, it was a nice addition to the show. Theon's story was a bit different in the book also, mainly the ending. Also of couse all the intereactions with Arya and Tywin was very different to the book.

I'm liking both versions and am looking forward to see the 3rd book come to life.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

And while we're at it, first season characters who could've been in the Season 1 set, but now MUST be in the Season 2 set are Gendry, the son of King Robert and actual rightful heir to the throne if I'm not mistaken and the wonderful Jaqen H'ghar, he of the nifty "Valar Morghulis" coin in the last episode.

The books are great reads, but I'm going to try to stop myself. I want to be surprised by the show just like you. Man, season 3 can't get here quick enough!

Finally, there was one other thing I was really surprised to find wasn't from the book, namely that scene from early in Season 2 when Queen Cersei shows Littlefinger what real power is. One of the most powerful scenes of the season, yet not in the book! (unless I missed it somehow). Also, in the books, Lady Catelyn has received the word that something terrible has happened to her young sons at Winterfell, which makes her desperate decision and resulting action to try to get her daughters back a little more understandable, especially considering what's also very recently happened with her husband. In the series, it doesn't seem that she has been told the thing about her sons. (I'm purposely not spelling anything out to avoid out-and-out spoilers, but then again, to anyone who hasn't seen all of season 2 yet, c'mon people, get with the program!).

Gendry and Jaqen H'ghar (I love his character! so mysterious Smile) are musts for season 2, how could I forget them as well!? Twak

Interesting that the Arya and Tywin scenes were so different, I really enjoyed the dynamic between them. And that about Lady Catelyn receiving word about her boys would have made more sense to have that in the show really, in understanding what she did and why she did it, omitting that detail just made her look weak.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The author George R R Martin is quite closely involved with the production rather like J K Rowling with the Harry Potter films.

I got the impression that he is using the TV show to try some of the alternative storys for certain characters that he did not use in the books.Also as he is still writing the last two books he needs to be there in case the TV writers kill off someone crucial to the plot.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
quote:

I think her name is Asha in the book, but they changed it to Yara for the show as Asha was too similar to Osha.

Season 2 was quite a bit different to the second book. That scene with Cersei and Littlefinger wasn't in the book, it was a nice addition to the show. Theon's story was a bit different in the book also, mainly the ending. Also of couse all the intereactions with Arya and Tywin was very different to the book.

I'm liking both versions and am looking forward to see the 3rd book come to life.

Thank you! I knew I got the name Asha for Theon's sister somewhere. I seem to remember Theon thinks to himself that its no wonder Asha's and Osha's names are similar, as they both perplex him greatly. It probably was a good idea to change that for the TV audience who don't see the names printed over in over as in the book. The TV series does have A LOT of characters, but many less than are in the book, as is probably true of almost all filmed adaptations of books.

Referring to the interaction between Tywin and Arya, only the first part of those scenes in the book were done with her as a servant of Tywin (and their conversations were greatly expanded for the series, masterfully so). It's only later though, when Harrenhal Castle is in other hands, and Arry is serving the new master, that the remainder of her scenes as shown in the series occur. There could've been a whole 'nother episode just showing the stuff with Arya, Hot Pie, and Gendry that was left out from when they were originally captured to what they do at the end of Season 2 (again avoiding spoilers).

At this point, any fan of the show who hasn't read the first two books are missing out on a treat. You get the feeling that all the things not filmed still kind of happened where the show is concerned, so its almost like a director's cut. The risk is that it may be hard to stop reading them. I've only gone a bit in to what should be the first episode of Season 3 and there are already some amazing scenes including a devastating verbal exchange between Tywin and Tyrion.

I'll say no more! Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Only thing I'm a little disappointed about with the season 1 set is I would have liked a Peter Vaughan (as Maester Aemon) and David Bradley (as Walder Frey) autograph card.

I would love to see Kate Dickie (as Lysa Arryn), she's kinda missing from season 1 set, would be a great addition, and Gendry would be a great + to your list

Hopefully we can also get costume n props too, an auto-costume card of Daenerys turquoise gown... what a treat! Jaime's leather coat maybe...Dual auto Lannister twins! just a few suggestions Wink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's my prediction for the next set:

Most of the "big" autographs will be the full-bleed versions of the 9 who only signed bordered cards in the first set: Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Michelle Fairley, Richard Madden, Charles Dance, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and (probably) Sean Bean. The rest of the autographs will be the bordered and full-bleed versions of the new signers. 50+ autographs again, very similar to this set. Then for the third set they can try something different with costume cards and dual autos to go with new signers for season 3. That's just me guessing here. Smile

As far as new signers for the next set the four I'm most hoping for are Sophie Turner/Sansa Stark (already confirmed), Gwendoline Christie/Brienne of Tarth, Gemma Whelan/Yara Greyjoy, and #1 on my list is Rose Leslie as Ygritte. I just loved the way she teased and tormented Jon Snow.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Ygritte, Brienne and Jaqen H'ghar are my favourite characters of season 2, and I hope they are able to get all of their signatures.

Buffy didn't have costume cards for its first few seasons, so I don't really mind that there aren't any yet. I'm sure they will eventually Smile

And Duals for the Lannister Twins would be fantastic! Also, it would be great to have a Dual of the Khal and his Khaleesi, and even Eddard Stark and his wife Catelyn would be great.

Logan, I bet you're exactly right about the way they will have the autos, it will be strange to have a Ned Stark auto in the second seasons set but, I'll be happy to have another Bean auto Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for a Carice van Houten/Melisandre signed card next time around. Her character really does nothing for me in the books, but I loved her in the show.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I'm hoping for a Carice van Houten/Melisandre signed card next time around.

Me too.
Her roll was kind of pivotal to the story so I will be very shocked if they don't at least try, I hope all of these actors we want to sign for the second season are willing to sign.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I noticed a couple of days ago a Q10 rewards card listed of the bay, luckily I won one of the auctions.
I was wondering, does Rittenhouse do that for all sets they make? I never noticed them before because I haven't really collected any of their newer sets seriously, and do they usually release the reward cards at the same time they release the set?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I'm hoping for a Carice van Houten/Melisandre signed card next time around.

Me too.
Her roll was kind of pivotal to the story so I will be very shocked if they don't at least try, I hope all of these actors we want to sign for the second season are willing to sign.

Given her unusual method of dispatching foes, I'm not sure I want a "full-bleed" version of her autograph. Wink

"It's dark and the night is full of terrors", indeed.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:

I would love to see Kate Dickie (as Lysa Arryn), she's kinda missing from season 1 set, would be a great addition, and Gendry would be a great + to your list

And how about her Lysa Arryn's creepy weirdo son Robin Arryn, Lord and Protector of the Vale...who happens to take his milk in quite the peculiar manner at the age of 10 years old. He's played, wonderfully, by Lino Facioli whose line:
"Make the little man fly, mommy!!!" really should have been on one of the quotable insert cards in the chase set.

I would love a dual autograph card of Lysa and Robin, the characters are very closely linked, after all, not to put too fine a point on it. Ok, I'm just milking it now. Nurse!!!

The Arryn boy was actually named Robert in the book, but they changed it to Robin so he wouldn't have the same name of King Robert, potentially confusing television viewers, who necessarily can't gather as large a context as book readers are able to in seeing names in print, over and over. While the name changes are always done for a good reason, it does make perfect sense that Jon Arryn, loyal Hand of the King and long time brother-in-arms would've named his first born son and heir after his king (sort of like in "GoodFellas" when many of the kids of the mobsters were named Paulie, like the boss).

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
The two autographs I would most like to see for Season 2 are: Carice van Houten as Melisandre and Donald Sumpter as Maester Luwin. I'm surprise no one mentioned Sumpter yet, unless I missed it.

I'm not a fan of dual autographs. They typically make the pictures so small that I find the cards unappealing.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for the love of the cards

Posts: 39 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just curious so a question for those who collect the GOT autographs: are you only collecting just the bordered versions or both styles? I myself just can't get into the full-bleed style but I'm wondering if my tune will change in the next set when (most likely) the bigger names will be released full-bleed. I completely understand why Rittenhouse is doing two different autograph styles but I think I would prefer one style, just make fewer boxes/cases. Number the cards from A-1 on up and make it like Twilight Zone or Star Trek TOS. That would have been perfect to me. As it stands now I only want the bordered style and even when it's "complete" for me it really won't be as there's still a whole other version out there I'm not pursuing. Dilemmas, dilemmas. This is where my card collecting OCD sets in. TwakBig Grin Maybe I should do what friends have been telling me and just buy what I like and stop making "rules" about collecting that I really don't care to follow.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm only collecting the bordered versions. I personally prefer the style of the cards. Something about the 'fade to white' of the full-bleeds just doesn't appeal at all. Not just with this set, either, but all Rittenhouse releases. I'm typically OCD too, but so long as each charcter gets a bordered card I'll steer away from the FBs.

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post