Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Knowing that there were only 6 pack inserted jam 'sketches', I felt fortunate to get my hands on one. I'm going to guess there will be several more artists next year, so duplicating this feat might be harder. I'll enjoy the accomplishment for now.

Clearly, it wasn't cheap, but I really like the artwork and contributions from Pence, Desbois and Hall. Add the fact that they are scarce and it was an easy decision to try and get one of each.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Those three sketches together are really impressive, but I'm curious about the White Walker. If character sketches were not allowed what do you call a White Walker? True its not an identified actor, but it is most certainly a character, unlike a dragon or horse.

Its a great sketch.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
That was my exact thought too. I figured it was going to be the closest thing to a 'character' so that's why I wanted it.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
walkers don't retain image rights from the show since they are digital creationsSmile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Season 3 release set for May 7, 2014.

Excited for this, but please no impossible to get 1/7 sketch cards, or low numbered gold or silver parallel sets.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Season 3 Released 3 days AFTER the Philly show - would have thought the show would have been a great place to release a set

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Season 3 Released 3 days AFTER the Philly show - would have thought the show would have been a great place to release a set

It's a running theme with Rittenhouse Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
From the new Rittenhouse newsletter:

quote:
Game of Thrones Season Three Trading Cards will feature many new autograph card signers. Here is a small sampling of the new signers who will be part of this coming series: Carise Van Houten (Melisandre), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Oona Chaplin (Lady Talisa), David Bradley (Walder Frey), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Hannah Murry (Gilly), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow).

Hopefully the ones I want most are bordered. I am especially excited about Iwan Rheon since I loved him on Misfits and was disappointed that the card set for that show didn't feature autographs.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just found this description on a dealer's website:

12 boxes per case
24 packs per box
5 cards per pack
2 Autograph Cards Per Box!

Autograph signers include:

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Carise Van Houten (Melisandre), Lena Headey (Queen Cersei Lannister), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Oona Chaplin (Talisa Maegyr), Daniel Portman (Podrik), Noah Taylor (Locke), David Bradley (Walder Frey), Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Tobias Menzies (Edmure Tully), Hannah Murray (Gilly), Ian Whyte (Gregor Clegane), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow), Rose Leslie (Ygritte), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), Sybil Kekkili (Shae), Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Rory McCann ("The Hound"), Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger), Conleth Hill (Varys), Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon), Natalie Tena (Osha) and many more!

99-Card Base Set, featuring detailed plot synopses for all 10 Season Three episodes, and biographies for more than 60 different characters!

Also, look for randomly inserted RELIC CARDS and hand-drawn SKETCH CARDS!

Plus numbered GOLD base parallel cards, Quotable Game of Thrones cards, Game of Thrones Relationships cards, Gallery cards, Map Marker Sigil cards and more!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Looking forward to adding more full bleed autos to my S1 and S2 sets.
Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I have at least one from every signer so far, so I'm mostly interested in the new signers, but the bordered version of Brienne will be near the top of the list.

When this is all finished, the number of autographs in this set promises to be as epic as the series itself, with hundreds and hundreds of cards, for sure, maybe even approaching a thousand different should Rittenhouse be able to squeeze "Quotable" and "Complete" type sets out of GoT like they did with Star Trek, Bond, and Xena, etc.

Exciting times!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
As usual, I'm really looking forward to this set. Already have a case on pre-order. Smile
I won't be going for a master as I did with the first two series. If the Gold Parallel set was anything like the recent James Bond one then a true master is for the very VERY rich.
I've never seen the point of sketch cards either. As an amateur artist myself I can do my own of those if I wanted to, and of the actual things I'd like to see without the limitations put on these sets by copyright and other factors. Of course, I wouldn't mind finding one to promptly sell off for a lot of cash Big Grin ...but I'm not worried if I don't.

I'll be going for the autograph and other chase cards. I'm liking the new signers a LOT. I was really hoping for a Diana Rigg, as Olenna was always one of my favourite characters, back when I started to read the books in the 1990s and Diana plays her soooo well...maybe it will happen at the last moment. Smile
How many months away is May? Time to start crossing the days off. Bouncey

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just wondering as some of the signers have already done a full bleed and a bordered version will there be a third type of autograph card?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Just wondering as some of the signers have already done a full bleed and a bordered version will there be a third type of autograph card?

Well the only other format that has really been out there is those Anniversary type horizontal autograph cards with very small photos and more writing space.

Some collectors prefer those to the full bleeds, but I don't like them myself. I wouldn't mind it if RA just kept the FB and B styles with new photos.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I'm really looking forward to this set. But I will only be going for the new signers or if I like the picture of a previous signer better.

Relic cards are nice, but I could live without them.

Sketch cards are cool, but I fear there will be only a handful of cards with really great artwork and lot of substandard stuff.

And why include again the stupid parallel set? I'll never understand... maybe I can swap mine for a minor autograph or something.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Based on the previous two releases I would say you are half right with the sketches. There will be a handful of sketches with really great artwork but those will be the only sketches in the boxes.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Based on the previous two releases I would say you are half right as well, cuz only the last release contained sketches and I wouldn't qualify any of them as 'substandard stuff' considering the very limited source material allowed and the efforts put in by the 3 artists on set. thank you

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
For series 3, should the sketches be as limited as before and from the same top artists, you could probably trade one for ALL of the autographs. If the sketches are upgraded to one per box, though, there is just no way they can all be as nice as last time. And that would be a good thing for the average collector, since were they one per box and all from the same previous trio (who'd been given plenty of time to do what they do), the box price would go up to around $200 overnight.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
I doubt they would have sketches at 1 per box. I think they could control quality and have sketches 1 per case.
Remains to be seen,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I may be in the minority, but I would rather have no sketches in the product than only a handful of terrific sketches. It's the same thing with autographs. I don't need 2 or 3 autographs of a Harrison Ford or a Steven Spielberg in a product either.

My reasoning is simple. Chances are you as an individual collector will never pull these cards at such high ratios, but the product cost is effected and that expense is passed on to the product price. It also generates a lot of advertising that is not false, but is certainly not realistic either.

If a GoT sketch can not be seeded in at least every 2 or 3 boxes they should leave them out. And take $10 off the box price while they are at it. Big Grin