Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If you can, would love to know the amusing reasons 2 of your cards got diallowed, Sean. I'm a stickler for trivia Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeanPatrickPence
posted Hide Post
Haha Kris!
Since character likenesses were not allowed, I was directed to sketch various elements of the show including (but not limited to) dragons, dragon eggs, wolves, etc...
I rendered a total of three wolves; only one made it into packs as the other two were deemed... "too cute".
Amusing to me, as the sketches were referenced directly from GoT screen shots. Wink

Posts: 51 | Location: The Uncharted Territories | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeanPatrickPence:
Since character likenesses were not allowed, I was directed to sketch various elements of the show including (but not limited to) dragons, dragon eggs, wolves, etc...

You could have tried a self-portrait and said it was Jaqen, or one of the other Faceless Men of Braavos. But I thought dragons *were* characters (without actor credits, though). Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha! I'm a dog lover so I find even the fiercest direwolf cute Smile Too few wolves on the cards from what I've seen so a real shame those 2 were rejected. Still, I have a home for abandoned dogs if they need a place to rest their weary heads Wink

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David, I'd like to know your titles for the sketch cards in these recent auctions, which I believe is the first time these have been seen:

Link 1 I assume this one is "House Bolton"

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ The card in link 3 is simply jaw-dropping... Wish I could snag one of these beauties but those prices... :O

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
will post them on DA Corey Wink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see that White Walker sketch that went for around $900 something? Wow. Is that a record for a sketch or something?

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have seen sketches from other stes go for much more than that. Think the most I've seen for a sketch was $3,000...

posted Hide Post
Repeated post from another thread:

To those who pulled a sketch; was it in there replacing another chase card, or did the box you pulled it from still have 8 parallel, 2 quotable, 2 storyboard, 2 autos, a sigil and a relic/gallery card?

I ask as I always keep two unopened packs as part of my set (from a box where I've pulled all chase already), and the thought of a sketch hiding as an 'extra' chase from that box is painful!

Thanks

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just pulled a Bran Stark relic that's a variant, and it's also #001/375.

It's not for sale, but I'm just curious. I know the variant aspect makes it more valuable, but do you think the #1 makes it even more so?

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Doubly cool. With sportscards the 001 would get a slight premium. I have a Sansa Stark with similar lines that I paid 50 bucks for. Your's would have to be more but not sure how much more.
Best Always,
VinnyH
I decided to slowly build a relic set with all variants.

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:
I just pulled a Bran Stark relic that's a variant, and it's also #001/375.

It's not for sale, but I'm just curious. I know the variant aspect makes it more valuable, but do you think the #1 makes it even more so?

Yes, people who have a preference want low numbers and especially true of a #1, unless its a item with very little demand. Than no number will help it. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I agree. That's a good card with the design of the swatch, and the #1 makes it more interesting still. I have the number #50 of the same card.

Looking at them, I thought the fabric would be rough, but instead it's very soft. Is that true of all of them?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Between Sean Pence, eBay, and this forum we have seen all 23 of Pence's sketches now.

9 here

10 here

And the remaining four on ebay and this forum:
eBay 1
eBay 2
eBay 3
Posted on this forum

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just got my Quotable rewards card from RA - Very nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Master Set is complete. Got my Q20 reward card today too!

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Wow! Congrats on these great sketches! That's quite a masterset you got there Thumb Up

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
congrats clearblue, not an easy task!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those are awesome clearblue. You may end up being the only person on the planet to have this master set 100% complete. Congrats!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post