Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Direwolves and Dragons don't require sketch likeness approval? Clearly they need better agents. Wink

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed I will be keeping my eyes out for that one!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
The other way to get GOT character sketches... win one on eBay, like me. Happy to own my first Charles Hall oil painting/sketch.

Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse always has the lamest sketch cards. If it is not going to put forth the effort to get approval to do character likeness, why bother?

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
Rittenhouse always has the lamest sketch cards. If it is not going to put forth the effort to get approval to do character likeness, why bother?

It's not about them only, approval process is complex and usually takes a lot of time especially if all actors retain image rights. The studio must agree as well to be involved at this level too.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
As I've said many times, I just don't see the point of sketch cards. As an artist, myself, maybe that's because I can produce sketches and paintings myself... but I still don't get the point of them in card sets, as they are created for the card set and don't really come directly from the series itself. A lot of the time the likenesses are not very good either or are just a sketch from an identical photo.

I'd much rather Rittenhouse ditches the idea for sketch cards and does a proper run of relic/costume cards or even prop cards.
The only plus side if they do persist with sketch cards, is that I can sell or trade them off as soon as I get any. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinnyH:
The other way to get GOT character sketches... win one on eBay, like me. Happy to own my first Charles Hall oil painting/sketch.

Best to All,
VinnyH

nice card!Smile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post

P5 to be given away at the Philly Show Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Preliminary checklist is up:
http://scifihobby.com/products...cklist.cfm?SetID=276

No details on sketches yet.

I don't get the character/banner relic cards. Are they all from the same banners, just with a different character pictured on each card? I was expecting wardrobe unique to each character.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the quotable subset is continuing the numbering from season one.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
I also wish the relics were from character worn items. If the banner relics can have some variants with nice pieces, that might make them a little more special.
Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ronin47
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinnyH:
I also wish the relics were from character worn items. If the banner relics can have some variants with nice pieces, that might make them a little more special.
Best to All,
VinnyH
Are the relics not of worn clothing?

In regards to sketches, hopefully we get to see direwolves and dragons, not just locations. =/

Here are 3 sketches done by the artist Charles Hall, for this release.

http://imgur.com/a/obeI1

Edit: Woah, just read the checklist. wtf, they are just banners? I pre ordered 3 cases after I heard about the sketch and relic cards. Now no sketches of characters and no worn clothing? why do they wait so late to inform us of this? If it weren't for me reading the forums, I wouldn't even know about the restrictions on the sketches. *sigh @ Rittenhouse

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin47,

Posts: 10 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Sigh to the "Banner Cards" Roll Eyes

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Banner relic and Blackwater Bay case card images are up on the RA site.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
The banner cards have the same shape as the Season 1 house chase cards, which are quite small.

Possibly the banner cards will also be small?

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:
Preliminary checklist is up:
http://scifihobby.com/products...cklist.cfm?SetID=276

I don't get the character/banner relic cards. Are they all from the same banners, just with a different character pictured on each card? I was expecting wardrobe unique to each character.

I don't see the point to the character/banner cards. I'll just be collecting the autograph cards.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like an awesome set -- can't wait. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
I agree the banner relics hurt. I think sketches are a wild card still depending on insert rates and quality artists. I'm keeping a big chunk of my 2 cases but here's how I see a 1 case breakdown:

1 case should get you your money back @ $790.
24 - Auto cards
avg. $20 each = $480
1 - Blackwater case topper
let’s say $10
12 - Sigil cards
lets say $3 each = $36
24 - Storyboard Art cards
lets say $2 each = $48
24 - Quotable cards
lets say $2 each = $48
6 - Gallery cards
lets say $8 each = $48
6 - Relic cards
lets say $10 each = $60
96 Parallel cards
let’s say 25 cents each = $24
12 Base Sets
let’s say $3 a set = $36
? Sketch card(s) = ??

Best to All,
VinnyH

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I had the same basic strategy for series 1, which was a must, so I thought about getting 2 cases until I was able to get the Archive box for less than that.

I bought that knowing I only wanted the bordered autographs and that I could sell the full bleed autos and make back a big chunk of the money, which I did, so I wound up getting a master set of the cards and one of each bordered autograph for not much more than the price of a case.

I'm thinking of one case this time, also knowing I don't need the autograph of any of those signers I already have (who have signed again for the 2nd series or else have full bleed versions this time), so I'd be able to get back a chunk of the money by selling those.
I also wouldn't be interested in the "relic" cards. I hardly even like those even when their actual costume pieces in them, so there's another "out". I would hope they'd be worth $10, but I doubt it would be that high, except for maybe certain popular characters. I don't really collect these kinds of sketches either, so that's helpful for accomplishing my goal without breaking the bank.

For re-selling purposes, I also don't think any of the regular inserts will approach $2 each, maybe the sigils.

I just finished reading the 3rd book, and man, what a finish on that one! If they can get even half of what's in the book into Season 3 and 4 of the HBO show, we are in for a real treat.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
One thing I'm expecting to add some hype, right or wrong, is that this series will come out at the peak of Season 3. May 22nd will be right before episodes 9 & 10.
I haven't read the books but major things should be happening plot-wise and character-wise.
Best to All,
VinnyH