Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
least Liam Cunningham as Ser Davos Seaworth, to me his character was almost as important as Stannis Baratheon, so I'm disappointed he isn't on the list.

I actually emailed the owner of Rittenhouse about Liam. He said they tried and were unsuccessful in getting him. But, he said that could change.

Thanks for the info TS, that's very interesting.
I hope Rittenhouse can change his mind later on for the next set.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
so what are the odds of an oona chaplin auto ? the are 35 autos listed but with the claim,and many more,what are the chances of her being one of the many mores ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
so what are the odds of an oona chaplin auto ? the are 35 autos listed but with the claim,and many more,what are the chances of her being one of the many mores ?

My guess is that if they can't get her to sign this time around, by the way season 2 ended, I imagine she will be back for S3. Hopefully they could get her to sign for that set.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Oona's character isn't actually in the books, so I have no idea what will happen to her in the future. I do follow her on twitter though and she has talked about filming season 3 so she will be back for sure.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Oona's character isn't actually in the books, so I have no idea what will happen to her in the future. I do follow her on twitter though and she has talked about filming season 3 so she will be back for sure.

she is under a different name(Jeyne Westerling), but that's the same character, only her relationship with Robb is more focused in the show.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:

she is under a different name(Jeyne Westerling), but that's the same character, only her relationship with Robb is more focused in the show.

I was watching one of the GoT2 episode commentaries on DVD recently and that's what they said, that Oona's character Talisa replaced the character Jeyne. I suppose it might have been done so they could mould the character more and do more with her, adding the slightly exotic twang to it.
I'm happy with both versions, but Talisa is definitely more interesting than Jeyne was.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some more information about some of the inserts in this set from the dealer order sheet:

2 different Poster Case Cards

90 card Parallel base set (1:3 packs)
6 Sigil cards (1:24 packs)
18 Storyboard Art cards (1:12 packs)
9 Quotable Game of Thrones Cards (1:12 packs)
6 Gallery (Clear Plastic) Cards (1:48 packs)
20 Relic Cards (1:48 packs)

So two new types of inserts for this set plus relic cards, but it looks like they'll be no sketch cards for this release and no Shadowbox cards either.

Can 5/22 get here fast enough?

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:
Some more information about some of the inserts in this set from the dealer order sheet:

So two new types of inserts for this set plus relic cards, but it looks like they'll be no sketch cards for this release and no Shadowbox cards either.

Thanks for the new info. We have seen sketches being worked on by Charles Hall but maybe they'll be used for something else? Also, I'm not a game player so... what is a Sigil Card?

Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinnyH:
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:

Thanks for the new info. We have seen sketches being worked on by Charles Hall but maybe they'll be used for something else? Also, I'm not a game player so... what is a Sigil Card?

Best to All,
VinnyH

Thanks Marvel Morris as well for the info.

VinnyH, the Sigil is the animal that each family has on there banner.
Such as, the Starks is the Direwolf, Lanister's is the Lion and so on.
I hope that sort of explains it.

Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Thanks, you were better than Google on sigil, which led me to wizardly game cards Smile
Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
No problems Vinny, I googled it too Big Grin
I knew what they were, just didn't know how to explain it very well. And the Word Sigil isn't in my old dictionary, it's a very old dictionary Smile

Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
Yikes. Part of me thinks they put a bit too much in this set to be honest.

90 card parallel set (Both the base set and parallels have been raised by an additional 18 cards, but we still only get 8 of the parallels per box.)

6 Sigil cards (1 per box. I'm guessing these combine/replace The Houses/You Win Or You Die from season one.)

18 Storyboard Art cards (Looking forward to something new and different but being 2 per box is a bit of a bummer with 18 cards in the set.)

9 Quotable (2 per box. Same as season one. Neat. I'm hoping they continue the numbering from the season one cards.)

6 Gallery cards (1 in EOB. Looks to replace the Shadowbox set.)

20 Relic Cards (1 in EOB. Like the Storyboard Art cards, a good idea...but I wish you had a better chance of getting one considering the size of the set.)

All this is in addition to the fact that the auto list is larger than in season one, between the total signer list and that there will be multiple versions of most of the autos...but they're still only seeded 2 per box.

Then to top it all off (no pun inteded), there are 2 case toppers and 3 incentive autos as opposed to 1 case topper and 2 incentive autos in season one.

Here's a breakdown:

Season one had 101 inserts total (not counting autos)

You would get 13 inserts per box (if you don’t get a Shadowbox)

Season two has 149 inserts (again, not counting autos)

If you get a box that doesn’t contain either a Relic or a Gallery card, you're getting...13 inserts.

I don't mean to sound like I'm poo-pooing the release. I loved season one, and I look forward to collecting season two as well...but I just feel like they should have left well enough alone, or given us a little added value to each box.

Maybe by adding a third auto, or making it 2 autos and a relic in each box. Maybe just bump the insertion level of the non "hit" inserts.

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's a fantastic rundown there Anne Thumb Up

This set will definitely be harder to put together, well not necessarily harder but more expensive Eek a bit daunting.

But I still am really looking forward to the release Smile

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I managed to put together a master set of Season One, which I'm very pleased with and love, but right from the first few announcements for Season Two I haven't been as motivated to complete a master of it.

There are too many inserts, and instead of encouraging more collecting, more people might do like me and just chase the autographs and relics...which will still be expensive. Smile

I've never understood the point of parallel sets other than a make-money-sell-more-boxes type of thing.
I don't care about art cards or sketch cards. I'm an amateur artist myself, so if I want any paintings/sketches of GoT I'll do them myself. Smile

I also agree that the hits per a box is a bit slim, considering the amount of inserts. But I remember the same ratio with boxes of Xena cards from Rittenhouse, years ago. That being said I've ordered my first ever case to hopefully collect most of the inserts and a few of the autographs.
As for case incentives, they don't really inspire me. They're not exactly the Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage level of interest. Yes the producers are wonderful people and I thank them for bringing the show to the screen(when I first started reading the books in the mid 1990s I never thought that would happen)...but they don't inspire me to part with slightly bigger amounts of cash because they're an incentive. I have book 5 signed by GRRM, so I don't really need his auto either. I'll pick them up if I see a cheap one, but I'm not too bothered if I miss them.

Don't get me wrong, I love this series, but as has been pointed out, it's almost overkill on this set, so I'm sure a lot of people will pick and choose which cards they buy, as a master seems pretty hard and very expensive to put together.
Rittenhouse will never have trouble shifting cases of this product, but if they make sets more and more difficult to complete they might put off a few collectors. I'm a believer in the old saying of: "Always leave them wanting more."

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Let's see if I can explain where I come from on this....
I've been a baseball collector who has opened hundreds of boxes through the years where you might get 1 auto of a prospect or star. Usually there will be 125 or so prospects and 100 of them aren't worth much more than 5 bucks. It's a big gamble.

Game of Thrones and other non-sports sets that are offering 2 autos per box is just so much more inviting to me nowadays. The cheapest autos in GOT1 are, at least, characters I can relate to in the story. There's much more value in non-sports than sports card boxes.

The insert sets tell other parts of the story. I like that they may be spread out and some are harder than others to complete. That's the challenge or the gamble in opening boxes/cases. There's no excitement, to me, with buying an archive box and having everything handed to you.

IMHO,
VinnyH Smile
PS: unlike Hedgehog Witch I'll be looking to make a master set of everything but the autos. I'll keep some of the autos but use most to recoup some of my investment. We all have our way of thinking and personal budgets.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Archive boxes are pretty exciting if you're wanting a master set. I've got 2 of them, Game of Thrones and Twilight Zone 4. Even though I knew what was in them, those boxes were still a lot of fun to open, and it was a great feeling to fill that binder up in about 20 minutes.

With a Game of Thrones 2 Archive box, there'd still be some intrigue since there are often variations in relic cards, and occasionally, in the autograph cards.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
or given us a little added value to each box.

I feel the addition of the relic cards is a HUGE added value. You can't discount them at all.

The Gallery cards are replacing Shadowbox, and (most likely) the boxes that don't have one will have a relic. Sounds like a bonus to me.

Still waiting to hear about the sketches too. I'm hoping for high quality and 1 per case like CZE has done.

But there is a LOT to collect in this set. No arguing that point.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post

I saw this on another forum with 2 other sketches in progress by Charles Hall. I asked him on Facebook about them but he couldn't talk about them...yet. Might be a nice surprise to hear about something soon.
Best to All,
VinnyH

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The sketches could be for Season 3

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
or given us a little added value to each box.

I feel the addition of the relic cards is a HUGE added value. You can't discount them at all.

The Gallery cards are replacing Shadowbox, and (most likely) the boxes that don't have one will have a relic. Sounds like a bonus to me.

I think you're missing my point Ed.

I'm not saying that there's no value in RA adding Relics and (I suppose) replacing the Shadowbox cards with the Gallery cards.

I'm also not referring to resale value or anything else that anyone may be misinterpreting from my last post.

What I'm saying is I'd like a little value added to each box when you consider that those of us who are looking to collect complete sets are going to be spending quite a bit more this time around.

I'm not looking forward to spending the same (or maybe even more) per box, and then have to buy more because there are even more inserts but you still get the same amount per box as last time when there were less total inserts.

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post