Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
This set keeps looking better and better. Eek I would be over the moon if they would include costume/relic cards. Drool

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The good news is that Harry Lloyd (Viserys) signed too.

Copied from Rittenhouse Archives forum post written by Steve Charendoff today:

"Harry Lloyd signed. No worries. About the only meaningful actors/characters who haven't signed for us are Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Iain Glen (Ser Jerah Mormont). Pretty much we've got everyone else on board at this point. But hey, we have to leave something for season 2, right!?"

Sweet.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Too bad about Sophie -- Sansa and Arya were two of my most wanted autographs (met Peter Dinklage at Comic Con, or he would be #1), but that means that Maisie did sign and hopefully I will pull one. Can't wait!

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I am so happy to see RA putting this out. Thumb Up

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they're right though, they do need to leave something for the next season and Sansa and Jorah Mormount are involved in season 2, so there's a chance for them to sign then.

Sounds like a great set, looking forward to it.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far 16 signers have been announced. I saw the sales sheet state more than 20 different signers for this set. So, there's at least 5 more signers to be announced. With so many great signers already, I'm excited to know who the rest are.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse do seem to have a great set for us this summer. The lineup is pretty special.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hoping they do a season 2. I need a signed card from Liam Cunnigham...And he is in season 2. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I think this will be a big seller and I have no doubt a season 2 will follow Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's what the case incentives and insert cards are going to be for this set. I'm still excited, but wonder if pack pulled Peter Dinklage and Sean Bean autos are going to be even less than "extremely limited" now?

From an online wholesaler's website:

"Every Game of Thrones Season One trading cards box includes 2 autograph cards! Signers include Peter Dinklage, Mark Addy, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Michelle Fairley, Richard Madden, Sean Bean, and many more! The base set includes 72 cards, featuring detailed plot synopses for all 10 episodes, and biographies for more than 40 different characters. Bonus sets include die-cut House cards, "You Win or You Die" cards, and Shadowbox cards. Each case includes a Game of Thrones Title Sequence card. Case incentives include a 3-case Sean Bean (Lord Eddard Stark) autograph card, a 6-case Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) autograph card, and an 18-case Season One Archive Box (including all pack inserted bonus cards and autograph cards, including incentive cards!). Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage incentive autograph cards will also be randomly inserted into a limited number of boxes."

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse really like their multi case incentives don't they Roll Eyes

I imagine those two are going to end up being very expensive autos to get.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
See the two you really want and what now you have to spend a thousand dollars to get them? That is so stupid, I thought they were better then that?

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
And here I was going to say good things about Rittenhouse for actually putting some of the incentives into the packs. Guess I was all wrong about them.

I'd be HUGELY surprised if you spend $1000 on those two cards. I'd be surprised if you had to spend half that.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Will the Dinklage and Bean autographs be inserted into packs at all or are they only available as the incentives?

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
Will the Dinklage and Bean autographs be inserted into packs at all or are they only available as the incentives?

Both. They will be the 3-case (Bean) and 6-case (Dinklage) incentives, with a limited number additionally also incerted into packs.

Paul

Posts: 24 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hate to complain about RA because I really liked that they are putting out these cards, but I wish that Bean and Dinklage hadn't both been used as incentives. The handful of autographs that may get pack inserted won't help much when you have to figure that most of whatever was signed will be held for the incentives. I don't know that Bean will go insanely high because he has signed for Bond, but Dinklage is sure to be out of my price range, and he's the one I wanted most. Frown

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Case Incentives can be annoying, but to be honest I'm just glad they got the actors to sign. If Tom Welling had signed for Smallville and the card was a 6 case incentive, I would just be glad that the card was actually available.

Besides, RA have the habit of having an incentive card in one set and then making it a pack inserted auto the following set. Not the case for the Bean auto as he won't appear any further in the show, but Dinklage will be around for the long haul.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Not the case for the Bean auto as he won't appear any further in the show, but Dinklage will be around for the long haul.

Whoa, Sidewinder. Eek that sounds perilously close to being a spoiler alert Big Grin

I'm very happy to hear they are putting some of the incentives into boxes, that should help with their cost. Just disappointed that they are using them at all, I don't think they are really needed.
I think the product will sell itself more than ten times over, especially being released so close to the second season airing.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Not the case for the Bean auto as he won't appear any further in the show, but Dinklage will be around for the long haul.

Whoa, Sidewinder. Eek that sounds perilously close to being a spoiler alert Big Grin

Well any fan of the show already knows what happened to Bean, but not having read the source material, I didn't know how long Dinklage's character might last. Hope it's right that it's for the long haul. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

Well any fan of the show already knows what happened to Bean, but not having read the source material, I didn't know how long Dinklage's character might last. Hope it's right that it's for the long haul. Smile

Well I know that, about Bean's character. But I don't want to know anything about any of the other characters.
It's very hard to make sure I don't read people who have read the series' throwaway comments about characters on forums, I have to be very careful.

Dinklage's character is one of my favourites too, so I really don't want to know anything.
I just want to enjoy the show with no expectations Smile But I'm like that with everything, even movies Twak Big Grin