Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join
 
Member
posted Hide Post
I've been reading the first 4 books on my Nook, 3500 pages and am almost done. Thanks to this show I can now put names and faces together. I'm looking forward to this set to add another dimension to the book.
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
can't wait to see images of the shadowbox cards. I hope it is similar to what Upper deck did in their SPX Football last year. I loved the look and how thick they were. I can't wait to see other images of the autographs as well!

____________________
Specializing In: Movie, TV, Sports Trading Cards and Memorabilia, Comics, Action Figures, Video Games and MORE!!!
 
Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I can't wait till these cards come out
good thing there will be Bond to keep me busy in the meantime
 
Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
Just been sent my order form for Game of Thrones, got really excited, then read the insertion of Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage as 3 and 6-case incentives. So that leaves Charles Dance and Lena Headey to carry the pack pulled autographs. That's not enough to warrant an order from me. So, for the record the 3 case and 6-case cards were an order dis-incentive. It's a shame, as I love the show and was looking forward to the cards.
And here's a thought about incentives...
If you reward the person who doesn't open your product with the best cards, why would anyone open the boxes?

____________________
What do you call a set missing more than 10 cards?
Singles!
 
Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For me I would have been much happier if this had been a premium pack release.The 12 box case format just leaves me with loads of base and chase cards I can't give away and the extra weight means shipping is really expensive.

Compared to NCIS in the premium box format which will have 15 autos and 30 relics Game of Thrones has 24 autos and costs 20% more.

The autograph lineup is brilliant and I will be picking up as many as I can individually.I suspect many will be selling for under £10 once the initial rush of interest has died down.
 
Posts: 2501 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
quote:
The autograph lineup is brilliant and I will be picking up as many as I can individually.I suspect many will be selling for under £10 once the initial rush of interest has died down.

That's exactly it. no-one will want the chase cards and most of the two autograph cards per box wont cover half the price of a box. It's short sighted and a shame.

____________________
What do you call a set missing more than 10 cards?
Singles!
 
Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardcollectors uk:
quote:
The autograph lineup is brilliant and I will be picking up as many as I can individually.I suspect many will be selling for under £10 once the initial rush of interest has died down.

That's exactly it. no-one will want the chase cards and most of the two autograph cards per box wont cover half the price of a box. It's short sighted and a shame.


I disagree, I think the a lot of these autographs will sell well, as a fan of the show I want them all. Also the Shadow Box chase cards are amazing!! I cant wait for this set!!

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
 
Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardcollectors uk:
quote:
The autograph lineup is brilliant and I will be picking up as many as I can individually.I suspect many will be selling for under £10 once the initial rush of interest has died down.

That's exactly it. no-one will want the chase cards and most of the two autograph cards per box wont cover half the price of a box. It's short sighted and a shame.


Thats how I see it too, not gonna waste money on boxes but the individual autos after initial hoopla has died done this could have really competed with the BBT and WD but they dropped the ball on it!

____________________
Remove no spam for email
 
Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
can't wait to see images of the shadowbox cards. I hope it is similar to what Upper deck did in their SPX Football last year. I loved the look and how thick they were. I can't wait to see other images of the autographs as well!


RA had a couple of these at the Philly show. They looked VERY nice
 
Posts: 12012 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
can't wait to see images of the shadowbox cards. I hope it is similar to what Upper deck did in their SPX Football last year. I loved the look and how thick they were. I can't wait to see other images of the autographs as well!


RA had a couple of these at the Philly show. They looked VERY nice


Only problem I see is they wont come across as nice in a photo as they do in person.

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
 
Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Is RA just offering autographs in this set, no sketches or clothing cards?
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Is RA just offering autographs in this set, no sketches or clothing cards?


Correct, just autographs but an amazing list of autographs

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
 
Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
For me I would have been much happier if this had been a premium pack release.The 12 box case format just leaves me with loads of base and chase cards I can't give away and the extra weight means shipping is really expensive.

Compared to NCIS in the premium box format which will have 15 autos and 30 relics Game of Thrones has 24 autos and costs 20% more.

The autograph lineup is brilliant and I will be picking up as many as I can individually.I suspect many will be selling for under £10 once the initial rush of interest has died down.

I've been sitting on the fence and I still haven't decided whether to buy or pass. Yes, the autograph line-up is awesome, but those incentives are a real killer.

I'm like you and think this would have been better suited for premium pack sales, but then I've been spoiled by Breygent with their recent products, love the boxed set with a handful of inserts, no fuss or muss.

I don't mind incentives if they are vastly different from the rest of the release. Some top of the line sketches or some type of memorabilia card. Throwing us a bone by inserting one or two of the Beans and Dinklages in the packs is a major turnoff. You're probably better off saving the money you'd spend on a case and piecing the autographs together.
 
Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Those who pass on this set will regret it, both dealers and fans of the show.

Not only will the autographs be excellent sellers when it goes live, but a large portion of them are from young actors, so there is a huge upside should any of them go on to even bigger things which is likely.

Another problem with the usual "Season" sets is, how long will the show last? When a show is cancelled before its intended finish, it often limits the collectibility of the existing card sets and usually means the further sets for the remaining seasons that did air won't be produced.

It seems obvious that pretty much every Rittenhouse "expansion" set has been the result of an intended set falling apart do to lack of sales or interest in a previously released version of it, this discovered only after autographs/relics have been gathered for the followup set. Hence, they are released as "Expansion" sets, basically, the "hits" without the base or regular chase.

That problem does not exist with "Game of Thrones". This series will almost certainly be seen to its conclusion (which has yet to be written), possibly even 10 years from now. The third book (and source material for Season 3) is mammoth in scope and HBO has already discussed splitting it into 2 seasons, essentially assuring a minumum of 4 seasons, airing through 2014.

And as for the poster who said the Charles Dance and Lena Headey autographs are left to carry the case in the absense of Dinklage and Bean autographs in packs, I must vehemently disagree with that assessment using my own preferences as an argument.

While I enjoy/enjoyed the work of those men on the series, there a numerous other signers in this set I would want at least as much as the cards of Tyrion and Eddard. My own favorite characters are Varys, Baelish, Dany, and Syrio Forel, and Rittenhouse got them all. I can already see them in my album. I'm sure other collectors have the same feeling for characters other than Cersi or Tywin, too (and my own choices for that matter).

Additionally, the Shadowbox cards, at basically one set per case, should garner a nice price for case breakers while being aesthetically pleasing to card collectors at the same time. The same can be said for the parallel sets. Single box breakers won't be able to make one. They'll need to go to case breakers to acquire such a set. To wit, dealers will have options other than only autograph cards with which to recoup their costs and realize a profit.

And within the base set, the announced large character files subset will be most welcome for fans of the show trying to keep everything straight!

So to anyone knocking this set already, kindly continue to do so as it means more for me. Big Grin

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
For me I would have been much happier if this had been a premium pack release.The 12 box case format just leaves me with loads of base and chase cards I can't give away and the extra weight means shipping is really expensive.

Compared to NCIS in the premium box format which will have 15 autos and 30 relics Game of Thrones has 24 autos and costs 20% more.

The autograph lineup is brilliant and I will be picking up as many as I can individually.I suspect many will be selling for under £10 once the initial rush of interest has died down.

I've been sitting on the fence and I still haven't decided whether to buy or pass. Yes, the autograph line-up is awesome, but those incentives are a real killer.

I'm like you and think this would have been better suited for premium pack sales, but then I've been spoiled by Breygent with their recent products, love the boxed set with a handful of inserts, no fuss or muss.

I don't mind incentives if they are vastly different from the rest of the release. Some top of the line sketches or some type of memorabilia card. Throwing us a bone by inserting one or two of the Beans and Dinklages in the packs is a major turnoff. You're probably better off saving the money you'd spend on a case and piecing the autographs together.


Lets do some math

There will be 6000 boxes, so 500 cases. That means there will be 83 Peter Dinklage out there for incentives and say 166 Sean Beans

Now lets say they signed 200-250 ea that would leave like 117 Peter Dinklage (1 in 4 cases) and about 44 (I am guessing more like 100) (1 in 5 cases) for Sean Bean. Those are still not that bad of odds. Again these are just rough estimates but I think they are sound.

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
 
Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I want all the autos, so whoever I get in my 2 boxes will be welcome. The rest will be feebay purchases, though I haven't ruled out a few more boxes. Will see how they break.
 
Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
For me I would have been much happier if this had been a premium pack release.The 12 box case format just leaves me with loads of base and chase cards I can't give away and the extra weight means shipping is really expensive.

Compared to NCIS in the premium box format which will have 15 autos and 30 relics Game of Thrones has 24 autos and costs 20% more.

The autograph lineup is brilliant and I will be picking up as many as I can individually.I suspect many will be selling for under £10 once the initial rush of interest has died down.

I've been sitting on the fence and I still haven't decided whether to buy or pass. Yes, the autograph line-up is awesome, but those incentives are a real killer.

I'm like you and think this would have been better suited for premium pack sales, but then I've been spoiled by Breygent with their recent products, love the boxed set with a handful of inserts, no fuss or muss.

I don't mind incentives if they are vastly different from the rest of the release. Some top of the line sketches or some type of memorabilia card. Throwing us a bone by inserting one or two of the Beans and Dinklages in the packs is a major turnoff. You're probably better off saving the money you'd spend on a case and piecing the autographs together.


Lets do some math

There will be 6000 boxes, so 500 cases. That means there will be 83 Peter Dinklage out there for incentives and say 166 Sean Beans

Now lets say they signed 200-250 ea that would leave like 117 Peter Dinklage (1 in 4 cases) and about 44 (I am guessing more like 100) (1 in 5 cases) for Sean Bean. Those are still not that bad of odds. Again these are just rough estimates but I think they are sound.


You may be right but I would be astonished if that many made their way into boxes. I'm thinking only a few will be box inserted and by no means would I buy a box or case hoping to find one. I'm thinking cut signature type of scarcity. But I may be wrong. Does anyone know if Rittenhouse has ever put incentives into regular (non-archive) boxes in any type of quantity?
 
Posts: 2096 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
For me I would have been much happier if this had been a premium pack release.The 12 box case format just leaves me with loads of base and chase cards I can't give away and the extra weight means shipping is really expensive.

Compared to NCIS in the premium box format which will have 15 autos and 30 relics Game of Thrones has 24 autos and costs 20% more.

The autograph lineup is brilliant and I will be picking up as many as I can individually.I suspect many will be selling for under £10 once the initial rush of interest has died down.

I've been sitting on the fence and I still haven't decided whether to buy or pass. Yes, the autograph line-up is awesome, but those incentives are a real killer.

I'm like you and think this would have been better suited for premium pack sales, but then I've been spoiled by Breygent with their recent products, love the boxed set with a handful of inserts, no fuss or muss.

I don't mind incentives if they are vastly different from the rest of the release. Some top of the line sketches or some type of memorabilia card. Throwing us a bone by inserting one or two of the Beans and Dinklages in the packs is a major turnoff. You're probably better off saving the money you'd spend on a case and piecing the autographs together.


Lets do some math

There will be 6000 boxes, so 500 cases. That means there will be 83 Peter Dinklage out there for incentives and say 166 Sean Beans

Now lets say they signed 200-250 ea that would leave like 117 Peter Dinklage (1 in 4 cases) and about 44 (I am guessing more like 100) (1 in 5 cases) for Sean Bean. Those are still not that bad of odds. Again these are just rough estimates but I think they are sound.

Loved your math until the second paragraph, which is wild speculation.

I'd also be extemely bummed if I was buying 6 cases and found out they had that many Dinklages on hand. It would be like, "what was the point of it being an incentive?"
 
Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
The incentives don't really bother me too much, I mean it's better than some sets where there is only 1 of that card, so it's impossible for more than 1 person to collect a master set.

I think there are a lot of fans of the show who read the books and therefore may prefer the autos based on their favourite character in the novels as well as the show.
 
Posts: 1224 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The set has a nice set of chase cards and a great auto line-up of nearly every major character in the series - I assume Bean and Dinklage wouldn't sign enough to pack insert them as regular cards.

We are getting VERY negative about a very good looking set - excluding the parallel cards there are 29 chase cards and a super auto line-up. There are many a set where the complaint is "Where are the main cast - only bit parters have signed". So there are a couple of difficult to get auto's at least they are gettable (maybe at a price) but they will be there along with virtually every other player in the series. I say WELL DONE RA
 
Posts: 12012 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse

© Non-Sport Update 2013