Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Oh, sorry don't want to spoil anything. I haven't read all the books, so I don't know how long Tyrion will be around, but he's popular, so I think he'll be around for a while.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm more excited about this set since my local card shop gave me some more information about it.

Now, Varys the Spider (Conleth Hill) and Arya Stark (Maisie Williams)are also confirmed for this set. That makes 18 known signers so far.

Set configuration:

-72 card base (30 episode/40 character cards)
-72 card parallel base set (1:3 packs)
-9 "The Houses" Die Cut Cards (1:12 packs)
-9 "Quotable" GoT Cards (1:12 packs)
-Over 20 Autograph Cards (1:12 packs)
-5 "You Win or You Die Cards" (1:24 packs)
-6 Shadow Box Cards (1:48 packs, 6 per case)
-1 Game of Thrones Title Sequence Case Topper
-3 Case Sean Bean Autograph Card
-6 Case Peter Dinklage Autograph Card
-18 Case Archive Box

They also released a new promo for this set

http://www.scifihobby.com/samples.cfm

That's a great image and I'd have loved it if that was the image used for Emilia Clarke's autograph card. I also wish there were more hits per box (relics, sketch cards, etc..)

Still, the set look great and I'm in for a case. (unless True Blood is amazing too. Why, oh Why, did they have to release those two within about 5 weeks of each other?)

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
They may not have been able to get costumes or props for the set because they're still needed for filming future seasons.

I'm happy with the big auto list though. I'm not a master set collector and in most cases only collect a handful of autos per set, which is usually just the main cast. However there is such a massive cast for GOT and so many of them have pivotal roles, I will be collecting the majority of autos for this set and seeing as there are over 20 - that is a lot for me Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelMorris:
Now, Varys the Spider (Conleth Hill) and Arya Stark (Maisie Williams)are also confirmed for this set.
Still, the set look great. (unless True Blood is amazing too. Why, oh Why, did they have to release those two within about 5 weeks of each other?)

Preach on brother, I totally agree. I am stoked that Arya is signing because she is one of my favorite characters.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
I'm coming back into circulation, just for this set!

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm also super excited for this set! Sadly, because of all the releases coming out in such a short time I can only get a box or two, but I am hoping that maybe I can get lucky and find a Dinklage card hidden in my box Angel

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
great looking set Smile

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw three more names added to the list of signers on an online distributor's website :

Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran Stark, Jerome Flynn as Bronn and Miltos Yerolemou as Syrio Forel.

So, far that makes 21 known signers. Since RA said that there would be over 20 signers, I wonder if this is the complete list. I hope not, but it's an impressive list if it is.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Good news!
Syrio Forel is the "Princess Bride" type character who taught Arya to sword fight properly, and one of my favorite characters from Season 1. While it looked grim for him, he wasn't shown being killed in his final scene so I'm hoping he'll be back at some point.

The show is really great and I'm reading the books (for the first time) concurrently so as to enhance the viewing experience, and as such, I sometimes have to force myself to put the book ("A Clash of Kings", the basis for season 2) down so as to not spoil surprises.

The only thing is, that with so many characters on a show less than one hour long, there are entire episodes on which certain characters will not appear, and its happened to most of them already, even major ones. Hard to believe that the Dragon Queen, one of the show's most popular characters, has had only a couple of scenes through the first three episodes of the new season. Always leave them wanting more, I guess, but this show could easily be 2 hours per episode, there is more than enough material.

Anyway, back to the card set: it looks great! I was tempted to get the fully loaded archive box, but luckily (for my checkbook), someone else bought the one that I'd had my eye on. I'll definitely pick up a few boxes, if not a case, but I'll be happy with the Spider, Littlefinger, and Syrio autographs. Love those characters, and thanks to Rittenhouse for such a comprehensive signer list right out of the gate.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I've seen the first couple of episodes of season 2 and there are already a few changes from the book, so I think you'll get a few surprises watching the show even if you have read the books.

Loving the auto lineup for this set, glad to see so many actors are willing to sign.

posted Hide Post
Steve wrote on his website that they're 30 signers for this set now.

It's great so many signed, but I purchased a case (my first one) hoping to get all or nearly all the signers. Looks like I'll have to purchase more than a case and the incentive cards to complete this set.

Still, it's a great problem to have. I wonder who the remaining nine signers to be announced are?

posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for Shae Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
It seems that the autographs of Sean Bean an Peter Dinklage will not be pack inserted after all. Frown

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
It seems that the autographs of Sean Bean an Peter Dinklage will not be pack inserted after all. Frown

The case incentives inserted into boxes in the past were never pack inserted. They were box inserted...usually at the bottom of the box. I imagine that is the case here too.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

The case incentives inserted into boxes in the past were never pack inserted. They were box inserted...usually at the bottom of the box. I imagine that is the case here too.

Steve over at RA has said that the Bean and Dinklage incentives would be "relatively scarce" in boxes so I wouldn't put too much emphasis (or hope) in finding one that way.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
These will be the first boxes I have purchased in over a year, so I am excited to get my hands on them. Hopefully I can pull Alfie Allen and Maisie Williams autographs in my boxes; if not, those are two I will be getting on eBay for sure.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
This is one of those I was going to preorder but after seeing that Dinklage and Bean are basicly nonexistant in boxes we are not going to buy them except off feebay so we can get the cards we want!

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
*Base Parallel (1:3 Packs)

Does Rittenhouse do this a lot? What are your thoughts on this?

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
*Base Parallel (1:3 Packs)

Does Rittenhouse do this a lot? What are your thoughts on this?

Off and on, this is a nice way of getting a little more value out of a case.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post