Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work as always David.

I know I am not going to be lucky enough to pull one of those very rare and elusive sketch cards, I'll just have to commission a couple Smile

Quick question,
the Banner cards, what exactly are they from?
My memory can't be that bad, because I only re-watched the first two seasons just before season 3 and I don't remember Mycella, Tommen, Rickon or anyone else for that matter carrying around a banner.
If it's a stupid question, please excuse me Twak Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
it's the banner of their house
for instance Rickon is House Stark
Tommen and Mycella-) mix of Lannister n Baratheon like Joffrey I assume
they don't carry any banner, but banners are used in throne rooms, tourney, battles, around camps
so they are props from the show linked to a character just for presentation.
btw images are up for auto on Ritt's website!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Yes that's right, house banners with a picture of each member of the family on, so the 6 Stark banner cards individually have Robb, Sansa, Arya, Catelyn, Bram, Ned and Rickon.
Tne only character to be repeated is Cersei who has a Lannister and a Baratheon banner.
Otherwise all other characters have a single banner card, and there are two versions of the Castle Guard Cape, not yet pictured.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per RA's Facebook, 10,000 boxes of Season 2, or about 833 cases. (500 more boxes than S1).

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
I see people are selling Reprints of the auto again on ebay, Just heads up in case people try to buy them.
ebay seller Maintained by:tvtreasures0370

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Game-of...uhb=1#ht_1051wt_1300

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks David and WarriorBabe, so were these Banners made especially for the relic cards? Or are they really props from the set.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
'War Cry'

I started posting my work on GoT official cards. you can view them in my main GoT gallery on deviantart. happy collecting everyone and I hope they'll enhance your collection.
I'll post them about 1 per day
http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/

Absolutely stunning!!! Eek Wavey Thumb Up

What a beautiful artwork! Unfortunately it has to compete with a really poor cardstock design by Rittenhouse.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks David and WarriorBabe, so were these Banners made especially for the relic cards? Or are they really props from the set.

no, I believe they are screen used props or some spare ones they have for the show
thx madcollectorSmile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
What a beautiful artwork! Unfortunately it has to compete with a really poor cardstock design by Rittenhouse.

I kind of thought the same thing, although its not only RA. Here the box and vertical design detracts from a terrific edge to edge scene, but really you don't get such detailed, quality work very often.

I usually take issue with the thin cardstock used for sketches and if the design restricts the artist's choices its even worse. I think it must be very hard to work with whatever materials you are given, not to mention the parameters put on whatever topics you might or might not be allowed to draw.

Hats off to the artists. Thumb Up

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics of the GRRM, Benioff, and Weiss auto cards are now up on the checklist (all bordered), along with the Castle Guard Capes (renamed to Lannister Guard Capes).

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I think my favorite is the Night's Watch Cloak relic

Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
"About 1 in 18 cases. We're making 833 cases. There were only about 60 sketch cards approved for this project. Wish it had been more, but we will get a head start on next year's series and hopefully have much more by then."

The quote above is from the official RA site. Still better than a scratchoff ticket. Smile

Good Luck to All Breakers,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how you get 18 from (833/60=13.8). But either way, most of us have slim odds of even pulling 1.

Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
That was from Steve, the Rittenhouse guy, who replied on their site.

Just sayin'
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post