Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm collecting both...I'm down to Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage to wrap the set up. It may be a few weeks before I am able to pick those two up though.

I like both versions although I generally have liked the images used on the full bleed more than the ones used on the bordered.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm really digging these autograph cards, so I will take either layout, but in general I prefer full bleeds. Just seems like a larger picture to me.

The only issue I have with a few full bleed autographs in various RA products is when the photo is carelessly cropped to make room for the signature area and it detracts from the look of the card.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm collecting both Bordered and Full Bleed, I think both have their merits.
And I'm aiming for a master set too, and through picking up most upper end ones on the bay and pre-ordering those couple of lower end ladies, I only need 5 left to go and they're only upper end ones thankfully.
If anyone has a spare Esme Bianco FB, Aiden Gillen Bordered, Conleth Hill Bordered or both FB and Bordered versions of Miltos Yerolemou I'd love to trade!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
Just bought a set of the 6 shadowbox & looking for a recommendation for a seller of suitable pages. Can anyone recommend a UK seller for pages?

Tx,

Rob

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robwaddle:
Just bought a set of the 6 shadowbox & looking for a recommendation for a seller of suitable pages. Can anyone recommend a UK seller for pages?

Tx,

Rob

Rob-

I highly recommend Ultra-Pro 8 pocket pages. They are slightly bigger than 9's and the pockets are arranged in a landscape orientation which is perfect for the shadowbox cards.

As for finding them in the UK that might be the trick.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Rob-

I highly recommend Ultra-Pro 8 pocket pages. They are slightly bigger than 9's and the pockets are arranged in a landscape orientation which is perfect for the shadowbox cards.

As for finding them in the UK that might be the trick.

Ed

Thanks Ed, just bought 10 pages on auction site for £4.50 all in, Will LYK when they arrive Smile

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed, you're a star! 8 page Ultra Pro is just the job! I now have several sheets for future sets!

Thanks again,

Rob Clap

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I think they look awesome in the 8-pocket pages myself.

I helps that I have stock of every page Ultra-Pro makes, so I can reference any page to find the right ones.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Thanks! I think they look awesome in the 8-pocket pages myself.

I will have to have a look at these at the Philly show Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse put this on Twitter 3 hours ago:

Rittenhouse Archives ‏@SciFiHobby Make sure to look for "The White Walker" #TradingCard in your Game of Thrones Season 2 DVD! #GoT pic.twitter.com/nfmGrKDM

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rose Leslie (Ygritte) & Natalie Dormer (Margaret Tyrell) are signing for this upcoming set.

http://www.previewsworld.com/H...tockItemID=STK528050

That's six new signers for the set revealed so far. Ian Glen,Sophie Turner, Gethin Anthony & Natalia Tena were revealed last year on RA's forums.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hopefully we get more than just the 'D' from Natalie this time...

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yay! they got Rose Leslie to sign. Hopefully she will sign for Downton then as well Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse just put up more info about the set:
http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...season_two/index.cfm

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
All of the autograph samples are full bleed. I would hope they are still doing both bordered and full bleed, especially since I only collected bordered for the first set (I liked them a lot more) and would like to do the same for this set.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
All of the autograph samples are full bleed.

Are you sure? Maybe they just pictured fb cards...

Doesn't matter to me, since I collect only the ones which picture I like best anyway... Wink

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
All of the autograph samples are full bleed. I would hope they are still doing both bordered and full bleed, especially since I only collected bordered for the first set (I liked them a lot more) and would like to do the same for this set.

The preview in the latest NSU shows a bordered version of the Sansa/Sophie Turner autograph so I'd think so Smile

I was torn in the season 1 set; I thought the bordered design was nicer but, in general, I thought the image choice for each of the actors was better for the full bleed versions, after seeing the new Lena/Emilia/Dinklage autos I think i'll just go for those rather than the season 1 versions i've missed Big Grin

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse just posted the signers and all I can say is "Holy Cow!" Looks like I am gonna go broke this year.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely excited. Could someone post that bordered Sophie Turner? I hope they release both versions of all the cards in this set, but I think they won't. Probably will have to wait for some of the bordered autos to be released in the Season 3 set.

Still, very excited. 25 new signers plus relics so far? Cool!

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With 35 signers already (at least 18 boxes for a complete run, if you're lucky!), I'm kinda hoping they DON'T duplicate the cards with border/full-bleed for each! Not sure I could afford it!

Don't get me wrong, I'd find a way to afford it, but still!

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post