Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
The last time they went this high on the number of autos on a non star trek / james bond release was heroes and that was because they were only doing 1 set. That cant be the case here as well can it?

I doubt it. I think it's like someone said earlier...demand was so great they decided to up the auto number so they could produce more product. I would also agree that they probably had all the actors sign both auto types, but are holding back any of the actors that appear in season 2 for the season 2 release.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Based on RA history I would expect common and lesser actors to fetch in the $10-$20 range. With RA's decision to double the number of autos this could be high. IMHO...

Looking at their recent history (Trek/Bond) the more common autos sell for under $5 with many just getting a single $0.99 bid. I would assume that these would do somewhat better, but the fact that none of them are particularly hard to get does not bode well for the secondary market.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some people think this could become a huge hit similar to Walking Dead or Big Bang Theory. I'm curious to see if that happens once the cards are released. I know there is a pretty big fan base for the show but will that translate to people collecting the cards?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an email from Rittenhouse stating that indeed all 51 Autos will be in the Archives box.
I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
The last time they went this high on the number of autos on a non star trek / james bond release was heroes and that was because they were only doing 1 set. That cant be the case here as well can it?

I doubt it. I think it's like someone said earlier...demand was so great they decided to up the auto number so they could produce more product. I would also agree that they probably had all the actors sign both auto types, but are holding back any of the actors that appear in season 2 for the season 2 release.

I've read several people say this was moving like hotcakes, however has this product actually SOLDOUT yet?

I too am concerned about the sudden bump in the number of autographs. Maybe I'm paranoid, but could we be looking at no Season 2 set and possibly seeing an Expansion set using the quality Full Bleed autos.

Ok, enough specualtion. Let's get some facts. Wink

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm more concerned that these addt'l 21 full bleeds water down my case purchase. I think this sold well and they're adding the addt'l autos to meet box demand.

I'm confident there's going to be a second season set. If they have those addt'l full bleeds we'll see them in that set. An expansion set for them was a good idea too.

I'm just upset and disappointed they added full bleed autos to the set well after the pre order window closed. I'd have purchased this set differently, by the box or individual card purchases, had I known.

This is a good product with a last minute addt'l wrinkle that leaves a bad taste.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Some people think this could become a huge hit similar to Walking Dead or Big Bang Theory. I'm curious to see if that happens once the cards are released. I know there is a pretty big fan base for the show but will that translate to people collecting the cards?

It may move up a little in the secondary market, but I doubt it. There are no super rare chase cards to be had like the redemption cards in the CZ sets. There are also no big autos to be had in packs (aside from the rumored multi-case incentives) that would warrant a bump. Then you have to contend with the handful of large case rippers who will set the market low on autos like they seem to do with every set.

I think this will be a pretty cool set for collectors and light wax dealers but a bad investment for speculators and the "rip & flip" folks.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have my own view of these latest developments because of the way I buy and I don't think I'm alone here. First of all, as an autograph card collector, I LOVE hearing that there are 51 different signed cards in this set (not 51 signers, as some have 2 versions).

I can not afford to lay down $1,500 or so on a couple of cases at one time. I buy a box or two, then another box or two and so on, until its time to try to pick up singles. At fifty one autograph cards it will take me a very long time, if ever, to complete. And what is wrong with that?

It seems to me that too many collectors today want Archive boxes or cases to make master sets immediately. What is the point in that? Wham, bam, thank you ma'am and you're done. Not to mention the insane amount of money you have to spend.

I don't know if this title will be as successful as Big Bang or Walking Dead, I think the core audience may be smaller, but I personally will buy more boxes because I won't be getting the same 4 or 5 common autographs off a short list of signers as is the case in BB and WD. And then it will be fun to take my time and fill in the gaps. Smile

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve's response over at RA about the addt'l cards and how many boxes were produced:

"I admire your effort at putting together this math, but we are definitely not making this many boxes of Game of Thrones. Regarding the autographs, both styles will be produced in roughly equal quantities for each actor who has 2 cards. Over the years, we have had many collectors ask us to produce more than one autograph card for actors, rather than have one card produced in greater quantities. So thats what weve done here. So rather than making 800 cards of a particular actor, now you have 400 each of 2 different cards, which makes each of those cards more collectable and more valuable. We have not made it more difficult to complete a master set, since the rarer autographs are the limiting factor. It would have taken 2 to 3 cases to make a master set, regardless of whether there were 28 different autographs in the packs, or 49. I guess what you need to ask yourself is whether you want more (scarcer) cards to collect, or would you rather have fewer cards with less collectable value. To me, the answer is easy."

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Must admit I have no problem with the way this has been done as I will be happy with 1 of each actor/character card, so as Steve is quoted 28 different. You have to hand it to RA that they have got so many of the cast to sign. We seem to hate too few signers in some sets and too many in others!!!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are the cards numbered of the print run?
and on ebay jrcomic7 is selling a master set for $2200 not sure if thats a great price or not but just letting you know

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Don't mind the different auto styles per se, but I will mind if I get 2 of the same actor in one box...

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a similar email from Steve with one big additional note.
GAME OF THRONES IS SOLD OUT AT RITTENHOUSE!!
This is good news

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I just pre-ordered the Bean and Dinklage incentives and the bordered Maisie Williams auto. I think this is the first set ever where I don't prefer the full bleed autographs. I just like the design of the bordered ones much more. What's odd about this whole thing for me is I've never even seen the show! Looks like I have to go buy the blu-ray now. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Well, I just pre-ordered the Bean and Dinklage incentives and the bordered Maisie Williams auto. I think this is the first set ever where I don't prefer the full bleed autographs. I just like the design of the bordered ones much more. What's odd about this whole thing for me is I've never even seen the show! Looks like I have to go buy the blu-ray now. Thumb Up

Nevermind.
I see a certain someone is setting the market low. I think the Dinklage is worth more than $250. And some of the other Autos listed are not even 1/4 of a box price.
JMO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cubfan86,

posted Hide Post
There'll be a Rewards card for this set revealed on 6/6 according to RA.

Below are representative pictures of the base, autos and others insert cards for the set that was posted on their facebook page.

They posted the binder photo on pinterest. It can be found at pinterest.com/scifihobby there. On pinterest they also have all the auto pictures available to view that were posted on RA's website.

Game of Thrones Box by bigmike2738, on Flickr

Game of Thrones Binder by bigmike2738, on Flickr

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the total number of boxes produced is? Did this change with the addition of the dup auto's? Sounds like RA just changed the format not the number of autos.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I think this is one of those sets that picking up the autos you want off the bay or from a dealer is a better option then buying cases

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think this is one of those sets that picking up the autos you want off the bay or from a dealer is a better option then buying cases

That is pretty much always the case...still going to enjoy busting my cases though.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
With the two varieties of autographs, I do think there's an opportunity to present two facets of a given characters personality that I hope Rittenhouse will take more advantage of in the future. For example, one version of the card could show a character smiling while the other shows the same character with a serious look on their face. That would provide collectors who are only picking up one of each character another way to decide which they'd like.

With the bordered versus full-bleeds on this set, most of the pictures are very similar but a notable exception are the two cards of Sandor Clegane AKA The Hound. While one shows him with his normal dour countenance the other depicts him with a smile, pretty unusual for this character. I can't even remember the scene in which he smiled. He's not the happiest guy.

Thanks, MarvelMorris, for the Facebook and Pinterest images. The cards look great! I really like those die-cut house sigil cards.

Rittenhouse Archives, hear them roar!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post