Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
amazing!

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Wow those are nice.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Just confirmed my order, very excited for this release!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
In addition to the many obvious dual autographs Rittenhouse should consider for an upcoming set, there is another great aspect of this show (and the books) that would allow for some fantastic autograph variations, and that is all of the nicknames and alter egos that many of the characters have in addition to their regular names.

How cool would it be if in addition to their signatures, the signer also wrote their one of this character names? In the case of Dany, she could sign it with her name and also "Mother of Dragons", "Khaleesi of the Dothraki", "Daenerys Stormborn", "Daenerys Targaryen", "The Unburnt", and so on.

Maisie Williams as Arya Underfoot Stark could sign it with that name or any of the other aliases she's used including "Arry", "Weasel" "Lumpyhead" "Nymeria/Nan", "Salty", or the several beyond that.

Varys the Spider, Baelish AKA Littlefinger, Sandor & Gregor Clegane as the Hound & The Mountain That Rides, respectively, and on and on. A Sansa card with "Little Bird" written under her name would be nice. Hopefully, this'll happen someday.

I'm reading book 4 now, and it's astounding in a fantasy world where there are already hundreds of characters, Martin keeps introducing more and more, and yet, it's still pretty easy to keep up with all of them. The Greyjoy priest known as the Damphair and the Sand Sisters are some new favorites of mine.

Can't wait for the new set. The autos of Brienne, Ygritte, Jorah, Sansa, Yara, and Jaqen are all absolute musts for me. I love those characters.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New GOT Season 2 Rewards card is up on RA's site. Quotable card Q20.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
How cool would it be if in addition to their signatures, the signer also wrote their one of this character names? I love those characters.

Yes that would be a great addition, but I doubt that any manufacturer would suggest it. They are happy just to get the signatures back in time.

A few actors add things to their autographs on their own. The kid who played one of the Stark sons did a little doodle on his season 1 GOT card. Some will put the character name or draw something and I always like to pick those up.

A lot of the time they are not varients because they are signed in the same manner on all the cards. If they do some and not others, than I look for the varient.

I may be wrong, but I really can't think of a big star who adds things on certified cards, its usually one or two of the minor actors. I know Lou Ferrigno wrote "Hulk" on the expansion set card. I guess that counts. I'm happy if the signature is legible, and I have to say that almost all of the actors signing for GOT have done a nice job of not ruining the autograph cards so far. Thumb Up

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder why there's not as much buzz around this set like the first one. With the first one pre-orders were selling like crazy but not so much this time around. Maybe because of the high amount of boxes/cases made?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Season One took a while to blossom. I'm optimistic about the franchise and RA overall. As more characters are shown and the stories unfold, people will want things from each year's issue.
I'm saving full bleed autos mostly and will wait to see what each year brings. (some characters may die before they have both type autos, like Meister Lewin)
Best to All,
VinnyH
PS: Season One is not much less than $80. a box right now

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Anyone else seen the sketch listed?
Ouch... that price makes my eyes water. I understand why it's BIN is that high, but ouch.
I'll just have to try and convince myself that I will have a master set without a sketch Big Grin Twak

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Ouch... that price makes my eyes water. I understand why it's BIN is that high, but ouch.
I'll just have to try and convince myself that I will have a master set without a sketch Big Grin Twak

I saw it too. I thought the sketches would sell for around $300-$500 but not as high as that listing. They are so rare and beautifully done however they may end up selling for more than I anticipated.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
David Desbois's Castle Black

http://browse.deviantart.com/a...stle-Black-373023337

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarvelMorris,

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Desbois's House Mormont

http://browse.deviantart.com/a...se-Mormont-373022555

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarvelMorris,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
it's Desbois, but I use DavidDeb as my DA account. I know it's confusing!
hid 2 more on my facebookSmile and will post more in coming days
hope you guys will find some

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

I saw it too. I thought the sketches would sell for around $300-$500 but not as high as that listing. They are so rare and beautifully done however they may end up selling for more than I anticipated.

Me too, that's what I was hoping the price range for them would be.
That sort of price I thought I might have had a chance at acquiring one, but not at $800, just a bit too much for me unfortunately.

But it is still lovely to see them at least Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be a little shocked it if sells for $800. May just be wishful thinking on the seller's part. Smile

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
I think some images may approach the $800. mark. It will have to be an image like the White Walker or something that sticks out more than the scenery. The basic sketches still deserve to be in the $300+ range.
IMHO,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I think you're right Vinny, it will be interesting to see what happens when more are listed.

Random question, is there anywhere where I can see what the whole of the Banners for each person looks like? I'm curious about the colour swatches so far, and would like to know how many different varieties there might be for each character.

Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
I sold mine to a member here. They have nice texture to them even though, so far, they are solid colors. On the backs they show the complete banners that Rittenhouse bought or got somehow. I'm hoping that some variants may show up with parts of the family sigil (crest type design) from the banners. There's definitely artwork on the banners for each houses symbols. The wolf, the lion, the squid Smile. etc.
Best Always,
VinnyH