Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Game of Thrones Rittenhouse

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/8667006716

June 07, 2012, 02:29 PM
Doc Floyd
Game of Thrones Rittenhouse
Was getting ready to order a case, but now I'm out. With there being 2 autos of some, that's just too much for me to bother with, I know I would have to have them all.

Still might order a couple of boxes though, the base set looks simply amazing.
June 07, 2012, 05:42 PM
John Tirohn
My greatest fear (a little dramatic) happened. Bought 2 boxes and succeded to pull one autograph in each format in the same box!
June 08, 2012, 01:33 AM
Logan
At the time of this posting 13 Emilia Clarke autographs have sold on eBay in the last 12 hours, many with higher BIN's. I'm glad I was able to pick one up as that card looks like it may skyrocket....and fast.
June 08, 2012, 01:54 AM
Juelle Lou
I'm quite impressed with her autograph too, it looks like a full signature compared to what she did for the 258 West Authentic autos.
June 08, 2012, 07:33 AM
MrBlueofnyc
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I'm quite impressed with her autograph too, it looks like a full signature compared to what she did for the 258 West Authentic autos.

The signatures look the same to me? not sure what you mean

I just pull 14 at random

VS (from rittenhouse site)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrBlueofnyc,

June 08, 2012, 08:50 AM
Juelle Lou
You are right they do look the same, actually some of those ones are even nicer. You can make out more of her name in those. The GoTs are just a bit longer and stretched out by the look of it.

I think it was just that I was looking at some of the completed listings, and the one that I have looks more just like her initials.
Mine looks more like this #230779873963 or this #310399521256, they're completed listings, hope that's alright.
June 08, 2012, 09:17 AM
MrBlueofnyc
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
You are right they do look the same, actually some of those ones are even nicer. You can make out more of her name in those. The GoTs are just a bit longer and stretched out by the look of it.

I think it was just that I was looking at some of the completed listings, and the one that I have looks more just like her initials.
Mine looks more like this #230779873963 or this #310399521256, they're completed listings, hope that's alright.

They sign so many so fast, that sometimes things like that happen, not many but it happens, on the black on I think it might have been to the pen being thicker

June 08, 2012, 12:10 PM
HAPPY JACK
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
I'm looking for base sets and Autograph cards, I put what I have for trade in the trade section. For those of you breaking cases feel free to email me marco@25west.com

Yeah, I have my Game of Thrones cards in the trade section of the forum too, among others.
June 09, 2012, 03:47 PM
madcollector
If you have not seen GOT Season 2 and don’t like spoilers, I would avoid reading the base cards. I have only read a few so far, but at least one of the cards reveals the death of a character that does not happen until Season 2.
June 09, 2012, 07:30 PM
Juelle Lou
To MrBlueofNYC, I think my problem was that I assumed they were all like that. Now that I have seen those ones, I want to pick up a a full signature too. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
If you have not seen GOT Season 2 and don’t like spoilers, I would avoid reading the base cards. I have only read a few so far, but at least one of the cards reveals the death of a character that does not happen until Season 2.

Really? I'm quite amazed that they would miss such an important piece of information that shouldn't be on cards for season one.

Also, I noticed in another forum that someone had base cards that weren't cut correctly. Is that normal for Rittenhouse? I've never bought much of their product before so I really have no idea, I'm hoping mine won't be like that.
June 09, 2012, 09:22 PM
allender
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:

Of course, in Martin's universe, people don't have to stay dead. Big Grin
June 09, 2012, 09:31 PM
madcollector
quote:
Really? I'm quite amazed that they would miss such an important piece of information that shouldn't be on cards for season one.

Also, I noticed in another forum that someone had base cards that weren't cut correctly. Is that normal for Rittenhouse? I've never bought much of their product before so I really have no idea, I'm hoping mine won't be like that.

I am not at all surprised. Rittenhouse is not the only card company with "issues," but that company really drives me crazy. The 2009 Star Trek TOS card set Rittenhouse released had many of the actors' images distorted because they did not lock the proportions (width vs. length) when they cropped them to fit the cards.

The effect was make the actors look squat and add 20-40 lbs. Some of them were really bad. I doubt a Hollywood licensee with a current property that is still being produced would allow such shoddy work to be released.
June 10, 2012, 03:33 AM
chesspieceface
Did anyone notice that Sean Bean case incentive variant autograph that sold for around triple the price of a regular one?

It went for well over $300 thanks to a small X that Mr. Bean (haha) made right under his name.
I have one coming. Hope it has an "X" on it! Big Grin

June 10, 2012, 03:54 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Did anyone notice that Sean Bean case incentive variant autograph that sold for around triple the price of a regular one?

It went for well over $300 thanks to a small X that Mr. Bean (haha) made right under his name.
I have one coming. Hope it has an "X" on it! Big Grin

I saw that too and had the same reaction. Big Grin

Actually my first thought was that anyone could have added that X. It serves no purpose other than to have some seller call it a variant, but the plastic has a seal so I guess he did it, or at least someone did it before the seal. Does that mean its worth 3 times the price? Not to me. Wink

But speaking of the Game of Thrones incentives, I am quite disappointed by the Dinklage. I thought I might spring for it because I have always liked him as an actor even before the show. Now I saw the autograph and I just can't pull the trigger. Of course its going over $200 and the quality of the signature is poor, you wouldn't know what it read without the card.

I have collected autographs for many years and I know that some people just have bad signatures. Perhaps Dinklage in particular has trouble writing, I don't want to be accused of being insensitive. I don't know.

All I'm saying is, I find it hard to spend a lot of money on rare autograph cards when the signature has no relationship to the name. I know its authentic, I just wish it didn't cost so much. Wink
June 13, 2012, 10:29 PM
Logan
I just posted a suggestion on RA's forum about how much I wanted them to keep the bordered autograph style going for future GOT sets (it's a spectacular design!) and how much I wanted to see a bordered Sophie Turner autograph. Here's the reply just posted by Steve Charendoff:

"We plan to continue both designs, and Sophie Turner will be signing cards for us, as well as Iain Glen, Gethin Anthony, Natalia Tena and many others. Stay Tuned!"

This is great news!! Bouncey Metal
June 14, 2012, 12:53 AM
Sidewinder
Is Sophie Turner Sansa? I still don't know some of their names yet lol.

I think they are having all the actors sign both cards and so far we've seen just a small amount of the full bleed ones.
June 24, 2012, 03:12 PM
Raven
Broke my first box yesterday and I am really impressed by the text on the base cards. I know that's not something you hear every day, but whoever wrote the text for RA really did I great job of identifying all the major characters, giving their back story and going through the season. That is very important with GOT because there are so many characters and they all had a history with each other before the first episode, its actually kind of hard to follow when just watching the show.

Now as a disclaimer, if you have not seen all of the first season, you may think that too much story is revealed. Several of the main characters die over the course of the season and their fate is given away. I have no problem with this, even though I haven't finished the full GOT DVD. I like it even more when I can anticipate an outcome, but that's just me.

Anyway, I am very tired of seeing card sets that barely cover the subject or omit the last half of the movie/show, so this was a pleasant surprise to me. And the autograph cards are quite good looking too. Thumb Up
June 24, 2012, 06:02 PM
chesspieceface
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Is Sophie Turner Sansa? I still don't know some of their names yet lol.

I think they are having all the actors sign both cards and so far we've seen just a small amount of the full bleed ones.

Sophie Turner is indeed Sansa Stark. The other names mentioned as 1st season characters who will be first time signers in the Season 2 set were Iain Glen as Ser Jorah (the Knight who hangs around with the Khaleesi), Gethin Anthony (Renly Baratheon, younger brother of King Robert, seen just a bit in Season 1 and more in Season 2), Natalia Tena is Asha (the former Wildling captured in the attempted kidnap of Bran Stark). These characters are all fairly prominent in Season 2, so it's perfectly fine that they'll make their first appearance in that set. Can't wait for it. Season 1 is one of the greatest sets ever made, from top to bottom.

June 24, 2012, 09:23 PM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Season 1 is one of the greatest sets ever made, from top to bottom.

Couldn't agree with you more Chesspiece Thumb Up

Season 2 I would love to see both Baratheon brothers, Stephen Dillane (as Stannis) & Gethin Anthony (as Renly), Liam Cunningham (as Ser Davos Seaworth), Carice van Houten (as Melisandre), Gwendoline Christie (as Brienne of Tarth, she is by far one of my favourite characters Smile), Natalie Dormer (as Margaery Tyrell), Finn Jones (as Loras Tyrell), Rose Leslie (as Ygritte the Wildling), Patrick Malahide (as Balon Greyjoy), James Cosmo (as Jeor Mormont) and Sibel Kekilli (as Shae) my list could could go on but they are my top wants for season 2 Big Grin

I'm so glad they have said they will be getting Iain Glen (as Ser Jorah), Natalia Tena (as Osha the Wildling) and Sophie Turner (as Sansa Stark) to sign, the set just wouldn't be complete without their autographs.

Only thing I'm a little disappointed about with the season 1 set is I would have liked a Peter Vaughan (as Maester Aemon) and David Bradley (as Walder Frey) autograph card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,
June 24, 2012, 10:07 PM
Chuck Bartowski
I think the GoT set is pretty solid, but I still think Vampire Diaries Season 1 beats it. Not only did they have every main character sign, most of the main characters had costume cards as well.

Sure there are 51 autos the GoT set, but really there is almost half that number given the two versions of many of the characters, and the fact that they did not get Sansa or Jorah makes it incomplete to me. I know it's nice to have them for season 2, but I would consider both main characters in season 1.