Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Under the Dome
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under the Dome
 Login/Join

posted
Rittenhouse has just announced a new license ... Under the Dome.

Should expect a set next Spring or when Season 2 airs!!

Posts: 61 | Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Metal Clap

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if they could include a Stephen King auto!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:

Steven Spielberg is also attached to this show as executive producer.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would give anything for a Stephen King auto card!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

I would give anything for a Stephen King auto card!!! Big Grin

You, me, and a LOT of people. I have an autographed book, but I would love a card with his pic.

I am going to also say that this set will be incomplete without a Britt Robertson auto. Mike Vogel and Rachelle Lefevre would great, too.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Stephen King autographed baseball card in the signed limited edition of BLOCKADE BILLY:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten about that, cardaddict. I think mostly because I had never seen one. Now, I will live my life knowing that it really exists, and I will never have one... Thanks a lot.

Seriously, it's a neat setup you have there. I am significantly more jealous than I should be.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Been looking everywhere for that card. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

I said this same thing to Robert at Rittenhouse over the weekend. I guess it's so far out right now and they are not anywhere near tracking down autographs but I would think it's in the realm of possibilities.

I had just finished watching the series over the weekend before so I was excited to see they are doing it.

Robert did say the first set would come out closer to the beginning of the second season.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
For those of you who liked this, but have yet to read the book, I highly recommend the book. The series is fun, but it is but a mere shadow of the book.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The end of the first season just left us hanging, but I think that was only recently changed when the series, which was supposed to adapt the full book, was surprisingly re-newed for a second season.

I haven't read the book yet, so this is no spoiler, but I assume the bad guy character Big Jim played by Dean Norris was originally supposed to die in the Series Finale but was spared when it suddenly became only the season finale. I assume that because the bad guys pretty much always die at the end of Stephen King books.

If that's the case, it's a good thing for Dean as he would've had the dubious distinction of dying on two different shows on two different networks on two consecutive nights (given that he'd "died" the night before the Dome finale on "Breaking Bad".)

I do intend to read the book because it absolutely has to be better than the series, which was interesting, but almost singlehandedly ruined by the actor who plays the sheriff. She is just terrible, and it seemed to get worse as the show continued, like she was forgetting how to act as time went on. Maybe the show was filmed backwards and she was actually getting better.
At least reading the book, one can imagine a good actor delivering the lines.

Now if only CBS can resist the urge to add that ridiculously loud laugh track that ruins most of their other shows to "Under the Dome" for its second season, we might have something. Stephen King himself will be writing the premiere episode for Season 2, which I would imagine will contain some new concepts not in the book for the story to spring forward from.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
UTD is a very good book. 11-22-63 is even better. Take the word of a Stephen King collector! (about 700 books by him and counting)

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
UTD is a very good book. 11-22-63 is even better. Take the word of a Stephen King collector! (about 700 books by him and counting)

I, too, have just about everything ever published rom Stephen King. I give 11-22-63 a big thumbs up, but I always find myself going back to Bag of Bones. (Please forget the terrible TV movie ever happened.) Honorable mention to Lisey's Story, Gerald's Game, and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (Red Sox fan here...).

Almost all are to be loved for one reason or another. There are a few lemons, but I try different writers all the time most fall far short of his ability to connect readers with the characters.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We have all of his work, too, but I must be about 10 books behind in the reading and that includes "Under The Dome". I'm going to read "Doctor Sleep" very soon, though, as "The Shining" has long been a favorite. Eventually, I'll catch up on all of them, I am a long time fan.

In fact, Stephen King appeared and gave a talk to the several hundred of us who showed up at a small library in a very small city (T or C, New Mexico) back in 1983. Stephen owed the librarian a favor apparently, so we made the hour long (or so) drive over from pretty much just as small Silver City, New Mexico.

I was a 12 year old kid back then but it seems like yesterday I stood in that line for about 10 minutes to shake his hand and get an autograph, a definite early highlight that has remained one even after all these years.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
For those planning to read the book, I just want to point out that the series is VERY different than the novel. Both are good in their own way but don't go into the novel expecting to recognize a lot of stuff from the show.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
We have all of his work, too, but I must be about 10 books behind in the reading and that includes "Under The Dome". I'm going to read "Doctor Sleep" very soon, though, as "The Shining" has long been a favorite. Eventually, I'll catch up on all of them, I am a long time fan.

In fact, Stephen King appeared and gave a talk to the several hundred of us who showed up at a small library in a very small city (T or C, New Mexico) back in 1983. Stephen owed the librarian a favor apparently, so we made the hour long (or so) drive over from pretty much just as small Silver City, New Mexico.

I was a 12 year old kid back then but it seems like yesterday I stood in that line for about 10 minutes to shake his hand and get an autograph, a definite early highlight that has remained one even after all these years.

Silver City? I was there a few years back. It looked nothing like it did in the movie Rat Race, but we enjoyed it. There was a nice little gelato shop that we visited 3 times in two days... Love me some gelato. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
For those planning to read the book, I just want to point out that the series is VERY different than the novel. Both are good in their own way but don't go into the novel expecting to recognize a lot of stuff from the show.

That's very true. I read the book first (which I absolutely loved) and the T.V. series is very different. It's keeping me guessing how the T.V. series will end.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:

That's very true. I read the book first (which I absolutely loved) and the T.V. series is very different. It's keeping me guessing how the T.V. series will end.

I believe they should have kept the whole story to one season and do another King novel or even short story, if success made another season possible. Can they really keep it going with what they have?

I don't think the series can end very differently from the book, but it always strikes me that King has trouble with endings anyway. As good as his work is getting there, I sometimes arrive at the ending and say "what the . . ." Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Exhibit A:

The giant spider at the end of "IT", which had been a very effective book until then. That ending, though, wowzer...

On the other hand, here are some perfect endings from the master:

Dead Zone
Misery
Christine
The Stand
Carrie
Salem's Lot
The Shining
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
The Body

And that's just off the top of my head, so he's definitely earned a mulligan or two where the endings are concerned.

I always loved the ending of "The Tommyknockers" where basically, the superintelligent, hyper advanced aliens were crashed on Earth because they basically kicked each other to death.

He is a monument to endless invention where telling stories are concerned.