Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Transformers Topps UK
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transformers Topps UK
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted
Hello,

I just found out about the Transformer exclusive to UK, anyone has any info and a checklist:

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere the other day that these were £5 per pack but I cannot confirm that at this time.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that the according to the writing on the outside of the box that there are 10 packs of ten cards in every box and there are four memorabilia cards :

Cade Yeager 1 : 50 packs
Shane Dyson 1 : 50 packs
Tessa Yeager 1 : 100 packs
Optimus Prime 1 : 150 packs

However it also says there are two hits per box Confused !

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Never mind the price - I'd like to find a place selling them!

Just ordered off the site - the packs are £1 each.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graham,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
8 cards per pack according to website. There are 5 pack boosters with a limited edition card (4 different ones) for £5, plus tins with other limited cards

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
8 cards per pack according to website. There are 5 pack boosters with a limited edition card (4 different ones) for £5, plus tins with other limited cards

Isn't that the trading card game? I thought the original post was referring to the official collector cards?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Never mind the price - I'd like to find a place selling them!

Just ordered off the site - the packs are £1 each.

If that's the Topps site I think you have ordered the trading card game packs. I could not find the official collector cards on the website.Only place I could find the packs with the possible memorabilia hits was Ebay and the cheapest I saw was £45 for a ten pack box.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Graham you have ordered the wrong thing....The original post is for the hobby packs, not easy to find at the moment....you have ordered the Match Attax type cards like the footy & Dr Who.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
good point well made - why are Topps UK so poor at advertising their products?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:

The cards may not be officially released yet.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've seen them ebay. Packs, I mean.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:

No idea but they seem to have a track history of it. Topps in Germany seem to be the opposite and go over kill with roadshows and magazine promos, etc. Huge UK market for trading cards and TCG games not be fully realised by Topps, surprising given some of the licenses they hold.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
When I interviewed Topps UK last year they said the reason they do not do shows etc over here is that the people attending them are already collectors of their cards, if they were going to do anything it would be aimed at the people who do not as yet collect.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
When I interviewed Topps UK last year they said the reason they do not do shows etc over here is that the people attending them are already collectors of their cards, if they were going to do anything it would be aimed at the people who do not as yet collect.

That's very short sighted of them Shake Head . The people going to the shows may well collect cards but not necessarily Topps cards!

I for one don't buy Topps cards because there is so little information about them and it's hard to find dealers stocking them.

There are plenty of other companies out there who do a better job and so that's where my money goes.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
the topps uk web-site is ok once things are out - but you have to look. The advertising for upcoming releases is poor

posted Hide Post
oh i been selling those for about £40ish didn't know it was a secret lol

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richnet:
oh i been selling those for about £40ish didn't know it was a secret lol

Any Information on the composition of this set?

How it's put together makes a big difference on how much to buy.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Graham you have ordered the wrong thing....The original post is for the hobby packs, not easy to find at the moment....you have ordered the Match Attax type cards like the footy & Dr Who.

Sorry, forgot to mention I wanted these too. Yes, I did get them mixed up, and I'm still searching for the trading cards as well.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not opened any myself just been selling them. will know more when the customers give feedback
prob by weekend.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
both boxes are the same cards but the 'hobby' box has memorabilia cards which they say is 2 hits per box. I seem to remember they did something similar a few years ago

This message has been edited. Last edited by: richnet,