Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    America at War: D-Day/Band of Brothers Ultimate Edition - iCardz
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America at War: D-Day/Band of Brothers Ultimate Edition - iCardz
 Login/Join

posted

• Complete set of America at War: D-Day (143 cards).
• Complete set of Band of Brothers (49 cards).
• Deluxe metal binder.
• Two instant win cards (chance to win authentic medals and shoulder flashes from the Second World War)
All 7 authentic Band of Brothers autographs
An original sketch by Ingrid Hardy
• Certificate of Authenticity
• Numbered /100

At what breaks down to $50 a piece for the autographs and sketch, this is a steal.

The sketches are seldom seen on the secondary market and sell for $80+ each. Some of the autographs are very hard to find and I can not set a price on the Amos "Buck" Taylor since it has never shown up on the market (In fact, I know of only two people who own one of these cards).

iCardz has done something really special with this series that honors the Greatest Generation, and specifically, the Band of Brothers. Now, they have created this edition so that collectors can enjoy the complete set for a great price.

This set is available NOW from lestweforgetcardsus.com

This is a fantastic opportunity to own the complete set and I am of the mind that the more we support iCardz with this series, the more likely they will release The Pacific, and more.

Disclaimer: I do not work for iCardz although my enthusiasm for this series may make it sound like I do.
Regarding this series, please ask questions and I will try my best to answer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
is this set already sold out?

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine ordered. I can't wait for it to ship. Nice way to get a full set since I have never seen any of the autograph cards listed. Thanks for the updates Nicnac.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, mate!! Smile

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
Oh, WOW! My husband got me the set for my birthday and I got Sgt. Day's sketch.

I'm still going through it. What a beautiful set of cards. I will always it as, to me, touching those cards signed by the surviving members of Easy Co. is like touching history. I've already told them I'm putting it my will to my youngest son who ws in the 82nd Airborne for 10 years. He was the one who got me to read the book.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my set a month or so back and pulled a sketch of Private Joseph Lesniewski. I was wondering if Nicnac had any information on him? Thanks!

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
I received my set a month or so back and pulled a sketch of Private Joseph Lesniewski. I was wondering if Nicnac had any information on him? Thanks!

Aside from a short article on Wikipedia, which has the photo that your sketch is based on, I found this picture which contains a treasure trove of BoB vets:

(Sitting L-R): William Guarnere; Edward "Babe" Heffron; Lynn "Buck" Compton; William C. Maynard; Philip P. Perugini (holding the bucket?); Salvatore Frank Bellino; and Donald G. Malarkey.

(Standing, L-R): Antonio Garcia; Joseph A. Lesniewski ; Roderick G. Bain; John W. Martin; Frank J. Soboleski; Herbert J. Suerth; Paul C. Rogers; and Lester A. Hashey.

(Standing at the top): Forrest L. Guth and Darrell "Shifty" Powers.

This is pretty cool, an interview with him for World War II magazine:

http://www.menofeasycompany.co...index.php?page_id=40

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and the link Nicnac. It is nice to get some information on the man in the sketch card and I am so happy I bought the set. Getting the same autographs over and over in boxes and no sketches ever was getting me nowhere fast.

Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats! What is Sgt. Day's full name? I can't find him in my lists of the Band of Brothers members...

I must have still be celebrating my birthday the day I made that post, NicNac. The sketch card I got is Capt. Edward A. Peters. Sorry for the confusion. *scratches head -- is still trying to figure out where "Sgt. Day" came from????*

I love the set. It's absolutely beautiful and it will become a family heirloom. (My kids are already fighting over who gets it when I'm gone. It goes to my youngest son who served as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne for over ten years. So, if they have any questions they can refer to this post. LOL)

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HPCollector2011:
The sketch card I got is Capt. Edward A. Peters.

Captain Edward A. Peters was killed in action 3 days after D-Day. I won't steal from his son, so here are his own words.

Make sure to click on the photos link at the bottom of that article.

You will notice a Roger Day in one of the pictures who is a WW2 historian and author.

Is this the photo that your sketch is based on?

posted Hide Post
I will not be updating this thread any more.

You may find me on some other forums where I maintain identical threads.

Thanks Bacall1, HPCollector2011, and Cardz_house...