Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek 50th Anniversary Set II
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek 50th Anniversary Set II
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted
Subject: RE: Why no new DS9 sets? Date: 07/17/2016
Author: Steve Charendoff

And yes, there will be DS9 cards in the upcoming 50th anniversary set, which will have autographs of all 5 TV Captains!

Shatner, Stewart, Brooks, Mulgrew & Bakula Autographs in One Set! I'M IN!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Subject: RE: Why no new DS9 sets?
Author: Steve Charendoff

The Captains' autographs in the upcoming 50th Anniversary set will be a new design. None of them have signed cards in this design previously.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Basic outline of what's in the product: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...ek-50th-anniversary/

2 autographs and 1 relic booklet per box.

Inserts look very tough to put together.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
these are roughly the same as the last set in terms of rarity...the good news is there is ONLY 1 set of 10 cards that are 1 per case as opposed to 2 Nine Card sets that were 1 (2) card per case.

Best of Luck, 1 Master set per 9 cases. Minus the Cut Signatures....of course.

I will be getting this one of course.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, long odds on the chase

50 Star Trek Heroes cards, 1 per box

50 Artifex cards, 2 per box

18 Starfleet Captains, 1 in every 2 boxes

9 Tech Evolution cards, 1 per 4 boxes

9 Ships of the Line cards, 1 per 4 boxes

10 Phaser Cut cards, 1 per 12 boxes

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Star Trek Heroes description will be Updated..... It is a 50 Card set (Not 70) this is a Metal Set.
The odds are the same as the Mirror Mirror set & Pricing on that is Crazy Low IMO $50 or less.

There will Be 1 Captain's Autograph per case - Shatner, Stewart, Brooks, Mulgrew or Bakula.... guaranteed! I verified this..... because of the 18 Captains card Chase set.

PLUS 1 SKETCH per case

As Usual this is Looking Fantastic!

LLAP

Kryten67

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Wow, long odds on the chase
50 Star Trek Heroes cards, 1 per box
50 Artifex cards, 2 per box
18 Starfleet Captains, 1 in every 2 boxes
9 Tech Evolution cards, 1 per 4 boxes
9 Ships of the Line cards, 1 per 4 boxes
10 Phaser Cut cards, 1 per 12 boxes

This is unsurprising really, as other Rittenhouse releases have similar insert rates.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Star Trek Heroes description will be Updated..... It is a 50 Card set (Not 70) this is a Metal Set.
The odds are the same as the Mirror Mirror set & Pricing on that is Crazy Low IMO $50 or less.
UPDATED!

There will Be 1 Captain's Autograph per case - Shatner, Stewart, Brooks, Mulgrew or Bakula.... guaranteed! I verified this..... because of the 18 Captains card Chase set.

PLUS 1 SKETCH per case

As Usual this is Looking Fantastic!

LLAP

Kryten67

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I love the Artifex cards but i suppose as usual they will be way out of my price range. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
naw..... Those will be fairly cheap..$35-$25.....the Original Artwork ones will be $$$$$$ the 1st week or 2 prices maybe high... but the more common items will go down...they always do............

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
As a collector with a more pick & mix mentality who doesn't need everything...

I really like the simple clean design of the captain autos, think I will try for the Patrick Stewart & Avery Brooks cards. But if all the other autos are just more Alien cards that seems a bit random, but then again what else is left I suppose? I would be interested to see if they continue to use this new captain auto design in future. Whilst I'm sure it would drive Trek completests mad, one nice generic style that could have signers from any Trek show or movie certainly appeals to me.

Whilst they will cost a fortune the cut signature cards are a really nice choice of names.

I'm very interested to see which 100 best moments made the cut!

Despite the metal cards making a very large chase set I think it is good that you are guaranteed one of these cool cards with a single box purchase, rather than them being 1 per every 4 or 5 boxes like in the last Bond set or previous Trek sets.

I love that the 'original' ArtiFex cards are being inserted. I'm not familiar with Emily Tester but a quick glance at her site reassures me we are in for some good likenesses and gives everyone a chance to pull more sketch cards.

The 6-case Enterprise relic card sounds VERY cool, I think collectors will go mad for that one. The 9-case card isn't too shabby either!

Always interested to see the designs for new chase sets, the 'Phaser Cut' cards sound interesting.

Finally, unless the print run for this is A LOT more than what RA normally do, there will not be enough Archive Boxes made to be able to insert every printing plate set into the product. So what will happen to the leftovers???

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Emily Tester Star Trek 50th Anniversary Sketches

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Partial checklist has been posted but no specifics on signers outside the captains:

https://scifihobby.com/product...cklist.cfm?SetID=333

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Captain signatures are 1 per case. Color sketches are 1 per case. Set I had many guest stars that I liked because most had not been overused in other sets. A few only had their second autograph.

My level of interest will depend on the rest of the autograph list. I don't expect new signers because how many can there really be left, but I don't want a lot of repeats. I never figure on pulling the 1 per case hit, so its the rest that count. The first half was pretty good, let's see what RA has held back.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Don't worry... They have a Lot to work with....

This set covers 6 TV series &10 Movies, TOS,TAS, TNG, DS9,Voyager & Enterprise.

There should be a lot of Good Autographs...

PLUS the Roddenberry, Kelley & Lenard Cut Cards will be a BIG DRAW.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I'm glad you said that, because I have been reading the info on RA's site and its fairly unclear, at least to me. It mentions greatest moments in ST series and movies for the base set. It really doesn't say much about autographs beyond the Captains. It just says Aliens. I would not therefore assume that actors exclusive to the movies might be included as signers. So many of the better names were in fact not Aliens.

Maybe RA should make more of an effort to point that out, or at least clarify it, as it certainly wouldn't hurt sales to say that more known people are in the mix. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Aliens is pretty generic term for Star Trek...... Vic Tayback was an Alien... Anyone Not From Earth counts as an Alien & they have all the Series to Draw from.

I'd like to see a Nice Lt. Saavik (Kirstie Alley), Christopher Lloyd, David Warner among others......

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
The Fun Set will be the Stamp Cards..... LOL 1 Stamp Card per 2 Cases....set of 4... 8 Cases to complete the set with the BEST of LUCK!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
The Fun Set will be the Stamp Cards..... LOL 1 Stamp Card per 2 Cases....set of 4... 8 Cases to complete the set with the BEST of LUCK!

Taking a cue from Star Wars Masterworks and the UK stamp cards are we? Me thinks so. Wink