Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Under the Dome
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under the Dome
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
May be a tough set to find. I spoke to 3 big dealers who usually do ALL Rittenhouse and they told me that they're not buying the product--- no interest, they claim

Posts: 4003 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I can't say I'm at all familiar with this show either, but looking at the signer list I'll be very glad to get Jeff Fahey's autograph to fill a LOST gap, at least.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
This is the first Rittenhouse set in forever that I'm passing on. 0 pre-orders. I might not be 'big' but that makes 4 of us.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The show should have been wrapped up in the 13 episode run last summer as was originally planned. Trying to streach out the one-trick-pony plot for longer than that gets real silly, but that never stopped a TV network.

I would have zero interest in a card set.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They should try REALLY hard to get a Stephen King incentive autograph card. That alone would sell the set.

Posts: 3324 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
For me I love the show but I have lots of reservations for the trading card set. Its no reflection upon Rittenhouse Archives but the show in comparison is no "Lost". In Lost I needed ever autograph for everyone who signed for the set including the guy in the background. But in Under The Dome more than half the signers for the first season set have already been killed off.

And I agree with chessspieceface, A Stephen King incentive autograph would have been a game changer.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have the incentive thing all wrong...

Stephen King IN BOXES would have helped this set.

If it were an incentive all it would do is make sure that too much was bought by too many people just to get the incentive. Box prices would plummet.

Of course, if it doesn't sell at all. Box prices will either go down or Rittenhouse will be sitting on a lot of it.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Sorry you have the incentive thing all wrong...

Stephen King IN BOXES would have helped this set.

Ed

Yes you are definitely right. I took the word incentive as a chance to get a great autograph not a card where you have to purchase multiple cases to get.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the promos P1, P2, P4

Probably will be tough to get p3 if no one carries the binder !

Posts: 4715 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or are some of these cards massively overpriced? Enjoy the show and was hoping to get a few of these, but wow those bin prices are huge.
Looks like I will have to settle for the base set for this one.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Is it just me or are some of these cards massively overpriced? Enjoy the show and was hoping to get a few of these, but wow those bin prices are huge.
Looks like I will have to settle for the base set for this one.

Wait a few months and you will be picking up the majority of the autos for £5-£10 each. It's only just been released and sellers will always price high in the hope someone will bite and then gradually reduce the asking price over time.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks to a UK dealer I managed to pick up the cards I wanted for a decent price.

I agree with others that the base set isnt the greatest, but loving the character card chase set and the costume cards Smile

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Wait a few months and you will be picking up the majority of the autos for £5-£10 each.

I've been picking up several for less than that, unbelievably. My cheapest so far is £2.47.

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post