Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    DOCTOR WHO: Worlds Apart.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DOCTOR WHO: Worlds Apart.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
A new Dr Who set of cards is on the way with the first cards being released in October.

Now the bad news, they are digital only.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Looks like these digital "cards" will be used in a PC/internet game coming out in 2021, so at least they have some purpose if you intend to play.

Considering how steep the discounts got on boxes of real Dr. Who signature series cards, I'm not sure if they did well enough for another big US release. Even with the addition of Whittaker, I think they only did a token Topps Now card so far.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
https://merchandise.thedoctorw...l-trading-card-game/

'...blockchain technology to turn any IP into a rare and collectible digital asset that can be traded between fans using dedicated marketplaces...'

Does this mean it will be completely worthless in 18 months time? Big Grin

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
https://merchandise.thedoctorw...l-trading-card-game/

'...blockchain technology to turn any IP into a rare and collectible digital asset that can be traded between fans using dedicated marketplaces...'

Does this mean it will be completely worthless in 18 months time? Big Grin

The people who bought in to the Garbage Pail Kids blockchain digital set (not sure if that was discussed on here or not) have kind of gone crazy about how great of a 'return' they are seeing on the them, and how this is the future. . .

Personally I finally felt like I had the look in my eye that most people have when I tell them I collect entertainment cards -- a blank confused look wondering why.

It seems like a Ponzi scheme to me ultimately.. .

I understand that these are the 'rare' ones and these 'won't be released again,' but that doesn't stop them from making a "Dr Who Worlds Together Set' in November, then a "Dr Who Worlds Far Apart' set in December, etc, etc etc. . .

I guess if I bought in to the GPK cards and immediately made 10X my money I'd be spouting off about it too. . . Then again don't all Ponzi schemes work for a while? . . . until too many people start trying to cash out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post