Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    SAINSBURY'S HEROES ON A MISSION
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAINSBURY'S HEROES ON A MISSION
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Sainsbury's have the new card set out. Dance

Heroes on a mission contains cards depicting Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel characters. The set contains, normal cards, Embossed cards, Die Cut cards, Heat Reveal cards and Shiny Foils.

The set is 144 cards and you get a blind pack of 4 cards with every £10 you spend on your shopping.

The album to keep the cards in is £2.50.

There is a great looking stand up of the Mandalorian at the shop entrance. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here in the U.S., there has been almost nothing in the way of similar product premiums or giveaways. There was that Pokemon promotion with cards in McDonald's Happy Meals and in General Mills cereals earlier this year but that was about it. When movies don't get released, we don't get the promo stuff that gets released with them.

I think there were a couple of card sets in kid's meals over the past year or two years but all the kids among my brothers and cousins are at least in junior high now so nobody buys kid's meals anymore.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I think there were a couple of card sets in kid's meals over the past year or two years but all the kids among my brothers and cousins are at least in junior high now so nobody buys kid's meals anymore.

Do they ask for proof of children before you can buy Kid's meals? Smile

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Sainsbury's have the new card set out. Dance

The set is 144 cards and you get a blind pack of 4 cards with every £10 you spend on your shopping... Smile

According to this link, packs will also be available with promoted items and also for cash £££ of course. Big Grin

https://www.jedinews.com/colle...s-collectible-cards/

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

packs will also be available with promoted items

Interesting, i never saw any items being promoted but then i wasn't looking for any.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just got a nice shiny foil of Black Widow. Smile

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These look cool!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
144 cards at 4 per pack? Jeez...

I suppose that's still just one perfectly collated box, but on a random basis Roll Eyes

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
144 cards at 4 per pack? Jeez...

I suppose that's still just one perfectly collated box, but on a random basis Roll Eyes

I think you can forget collation on something like this, it will be totally random.
I know from previous sets how tough it was for me to put a set together.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm taking the easy way out and have bought a set for the price of 30 packs.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

regards

John

Same here

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got a good reason.

quote:

regards

John

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

Of course, last week I made a trip to one of my local Sainsbury's, I don't drive so I either have to go by train pus a 20 minute walk either way or a bus plus a wait of about 75 minutes for the return or a mixture of both, anyway, when I got there they did not have any for sale despite the signs saying don't forget to get your booster packs 50p each. The other reason is that my grocery shopping is at the local shops plus online for those items not available locally. Everyone has there favourite supermarket and Sainsbury's ain't mine especially since they are now trying to force you to scan the items yourself and not use cash. To me that is online shopping without a personal computer. "rant over"

regards

John

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Got a good reason.

quote:

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone has there favourite supermarket and Sainsbury's ain't mine especially since they are now trying to force you to scan the items yourself and not use cash. To me that is online shopping without a personal computer. "rant over"John
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

They tried that here in a couple of major supermarket chains in NYC. It doesn't work.
The machines were always jamming up and they needed a "live" employee to keep resetting the scans anyway. The staffing couldn't be cut enough for them.

Then certain customers were "accidentally" skipping items and they were getting robbed blind. Much of the automation has pulled out to revert to plain old cashier stations. That's when progress meets human nature and fails. Wink

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh no, i've started to get ones i've already got. Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, an employee would see a line at a register and tell you they can help you at the kiosk. I can operate the kiosk without help, but because I can, I also noticed that it doesn't always pick up the reduced price on a sale item. Funny how that happens. I never get undercharged. After that, I always go to the register if I have anything on sale.

Another store does try to get you to pay by credit card. It's subtle. They point out the reader when it's time to pay, "You can put your card in now."

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Everyone has there favourite supermarket and Sainsbury's ain't mine especially since they are now trying to force you to scan the items yourself and not use cash. To me that is online shopping without a personal computer. "rant over"John
[/QUOTE]

They tried that here in a couple of major supermarket chains in NYC. It doesn't work.
The machines were always jamming up and they needed a "live" employee to keep resetting the scans anyway. The staffing couldn't be cut enough for them.

Then certain customers were "accidentally" skipping items and they were getting robbed blind. Much of the automation has pulled out to revert to plain old cashier stations. That's when progress meets human nature and fails. Wink[/QUOTE]

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie

Just to make life more interesting it appears that the "freebie" card have blue backs and the 50p booster card have yellow backs, just like a previous issue.

regards

John

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm going well, i have about 120 of the 144 card set right now and a fistful of extras.

Now it gets tougher. Eek

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Another pile of cards got today. I now have 131.....only another 13 cards to go. Clap

posted Hide Post
I wish my grocery stores would do something like this, it sounds fun and would definitely spice up grocery shopping.

Posts: 27 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post