Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Joe Jusko Returns to All New, All Joe Marvel Masterpieces Series
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Jusko Returns to All New, All Joe Marvel Masterpieces Series
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Joe Jusko Returns to Marvel Masterpieces

Big news for Marvel and Marvel Masterpieces fans:

A Master Returns To Masterpieces

The series will ship later this year from Upper Deck.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
This could well be my first Upper Deck set. Let's hope they treat it with the reverence it deserves and have a special binder to go with it.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Best news I've heard in a while!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to this too. Might be the first time I bought some boxes of a trading card set in some years. Big Grin

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
This is excellent news for the base cards. Collectors have been wanting this for a long time. Of course base cards can't carry a release, so we'll see how the rest of the series fills out....but definately a good start. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
In this case, Base cards CAN carry a release! I'm in!
Yippie!!!!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
My most anticipated set for the decade. Yet I fear what UD might do to it.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
This should follow the model from the last real Marvel Masterpieces set, the one from 1996 by Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell, now rightly considered a classic.

This new Jusko set should be 100 base cards, 6 double sided embossed cards, and 6 gold foil framed gallery cards. The only other inserts should be Jusko sketches (seeded as rarely as they need to be from Jusko only, no filler!) and 9 winner Redemption cards for 9 original paintings from the set. 16 pack boxes, and $6 bucks a pack (for inflation, the '96 ones were $4 per pack, and there were no sketch cards at all).

Great news, and I hope this means Joe will maybe at last do that DC Masterpieces set that was planned back in the 1990's but never came to pass.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
That would be awesome!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Just seeing this thread, and I'm very excited for this release. Thanks, Upper Deck !!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is definitely a set that I am looking forward to. I have met Joe several times at conventions, and he is a heck of a nice guy to go along with being an incredible artist.

Posts: 33 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have any more details about this set come out? Or just a more specific release date?

Posts: 2 | Location: Chesterfield, VA | Registered: April 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluedevil2002:
Have any more details about this set come out? Or just a more specific release date?

No, I can tell you it has not been solicited to dealers for orders yet.

I asked last week and there is no current information to be had.

They may be waiting for the art to be mostly complete before proceeding. Relying on one artist to do all the art means there can easily be delays.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Allan Rivers
posted Hide Post
Any updates yet? We're halfway through August with only a few more months till this year's over. I'm dying to here a release date with maybe some pricing info.

Posts: 10 | Location: Rockford, Il. | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Allan Rivers
posted Hide Post
BTW, already starting to work on the set. I've picked up the Spidey promo, along with Joe Jusko autographed prints of Deadpool and Lady Sif. Woot!

Posts: 10 | Location: Rockford, Il. | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan Rivers:
Any updates yet? We're halfway through August with only a few more months till this year's over. I'm dying to here a release date with maybe some pricing info.

Unfortunately, Upper Deck has moved the release of Marvel Masterpieces to next year. Looks like next Summer, to be more precise.

To hold you over, we have a new Marvel Masterpieces promo in the upcoming issue of Non-Sport Update. Hey, I know its not quite the set, but it's something, right? Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Yes Harris, I just saw where the release date was moved to July 2015! Frown

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Allan Rivers
posted Hide Post
Well, there's no reason for anyone to get upset. I'd prefer quality over a rushed set. I'm sure Joe is slaving away at putting out the best work he can given constraints. Looking forward to the Promo in the next issue Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
UD doing their usual thing of using one piece of art over and over. So far, if I remember correctly, I have the over-sized signed cards, 3 or 4 gaming promos, and 1 regular promo card. All Joe's new art.

He's been working on this for about a year now. Might be some delays due to Marvel's approval process. I'm having Bowen Designs flash backs. From hint, to preview pics, to ordering, to shipping taking a year or two.

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Saw a large amount of the art for this set,as
Joe jusko had images of all the completed
Artwork on his phone, which he kindly showed me while getting a signed print at upper decks sdcc stand.
-artwork looks amazing.
joe said should be better than the early 90's set as that one was rushed!!! And how great was that series!
Should be a great set when issued and back to quality it deserves with joes artwork

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post