Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Joe Jusko Returns to All New, All Joe Marvel Masterpieces Series
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Jusko Returns to All New, All Joe Marvel Masterpieces Series
 Login/Join

Picture of Allan Rivers
posted Hide Post
Did it look like he had done them in any particular order? I guess I would wonder what the process is behind which one to do first. You're favorite character or the letter A?

Posts: 10 | Location: Rockford, Il. | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you think this set has the "no fantastic 4" stipulation also? Sorry if its a silly question, I am not that up to date with my card info anymore.

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Allan Rivers
posted Hide Post
That's a good question. I know Marvel was closing the comic line down for a little bit for the release of the Fox driven movie. Such a double edged sword. Making a mediocre profit from comic sales due to a boost from a movie, or ensuring a flop of a movie for a chance to snatch back up the movie publishing rights. Here's hoping for the 2nd option.

Posts: 10 | Location: Rockford, Il. | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really is a shame Marvel sold the rights to some of their biggest titles. What they are doing now as a studio is pretty good movie wise, and I imagine they would have been able to make all the other movies better with tie-ins etc.

Fox (is it fox)? has done a pretty good job with X-men I feel, but there are certainly many areas that either studio simply can't go to due to these licensing restrictions. An Avengers Vs Xmen movie anyone?

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Allan Rivers
posted Hide Post
I always wanted specifically a Hulk vs. Wolverine movie. Pure popcorn film with at least half of it being pure action. We can always dream. Additionally, if the FF movie does bomb, they would integrate quite nicely into the Guardians of the Galaxy type stuff.

posted Hide Post
This is the first time in years that I have been excited about a base set. I don't care what any inserts are. For me, this time it's all about the base. I remember with the '92 set poring over every card and I look forward to doing the same again. It was the late 90s cgi and computer coloured art that drove me away from cards, so it's awesome to see a "full circle" back to original art!!!!!

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: October 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any news on this set? It's the most excited I've been about a set in years and it seems to have vanished from the forum and the upcoming card releases list. I don't mind waiting for a quality product, I just hope it's not on the cutting room floor.

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nonsport update's next issue will feature an article on the new set.

I heard rumblings that they might be available for preorder through Previews that came out today. Anyone that can verify?

Posts: 7 | Location: Mass | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's not showing up on DCBS's preorder page.

Posts: 2 | Location: Chesterfield, VA | Registered: April 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I picked that up from another forum and didn't know you could access Previews preorder form online. I assume it will be available in the next Previews, due out in two weeks.

Posts: 7 | Location: Mass | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was excited to read that the next issue of NSU will have an article about this series. I think it will be one of my favorite sets to come out in years. Hope it lives up to my high expectations!

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It has not been solicited by Upper Deck for orders.

And... They announced a chrome set, "Vibranium", for December. That was the slot most of us were expecting Masterpieces in.

So, safe bet we won't see this one in 2015. Come on Upper Deck, prove me wrong!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Allan Rivers
posted Hide Post
"Yes! New 135 card Marvel Masterpiece set due out around April, 2016. I painted all of the cards!"

Mr. Jusko posted this on Twitter a moment ago. If I wasn't at work, I would Hulk out of my pants. In a non sexual way ofcourse. Looking forward to this set!

Picture of Allan Rivers
posted Hide Post
I've poked at the Upper Deck Entertainment FB page a few times and haven't gotten any new info yet. Joe's been putting up some killer artwork on his FB page as of late and it's only making me crave this set more. If this was still scheduled to come out next month, UD is cutting it very close.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Again, dealers have not been offered this one for orders, so we're looking at a couple months at best I would think. Summer sounds like a nice big target to hit.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
First information has hit...

From CardboardConnection.com

quote:
Similar to previous UD releases, 2016 Upper Deck Marvel Masterpieces is a set that pays homage to the 1990s Marvel Masterpieces products found under the Fleer/Skybox brand. Both celebrating and building on those popular sets, each hobby includes one sketch card and one 1992 buyback.

Built around the artwork of Joe Jusko, the artist who painted 1992 Marvel Masterpieces, the entire 90-card base set is serial numbered and almost every card is printed on premium stock that is approximately three times as thick as standard card stock. A High-Series subset adds ten more cards. What If?! parallels combine the base picture with the original comic image to create a new variant cover. There are also limited base and variant Autograph (#/10) parallels that are signed by Jusko.

Not just limited to base and inserts, premium hits are found in the updated Marvel set. Sketch cards based on previous Jusko artwork fall in each box as do Stamped Buybacks from 1992 Marvel Masterpieces. Signed Buybacks feature Jusko's autograph and are numbered to 15.

Offering several chase inserts, 2016 Upper Deck Marvel Masterpieces includes options such as Battle Spectra, Canvas, Gallery, Holofoil and the case-hit Mirage Lenticular Cards that have four different pieces which flip. Limited parallels, numbered to 25, exist for the Battle Spectra, Holofoil and Gallery inserts.

Lastly, there are rare redemptions that are good for uncut sheets.

Check back as more information is provided for 2016 Upper Deck Marvel Masterpieces.

Estimated Release Date: TBA
Product Configuration: 3 cards per pack, 12 packs per box, 12 boxes per case

2016 Upper Deck Marvel Masterpieces Box Break
1 Sketch Card (Joe Jusko themed)
1 1992 Marvel Masterpieces Stamped Buyback
1 Card #/99 or less
2016 Upper Deck Marvel Masterpieces Case Break
3 Autographs (Joe Jusko)
1 Insert #/25 or less
1 Mirage Lenticular Card

Looks like a fairly large print run. Still waiting to be offered it for sale, so I don't know the price point. And, I wonder if there will be a retail version...

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
As expected, paintings look gorgeous.

With one base card per pack, it's going to be tough to build a base set (90 cards plus 10 short prints).

http://www.beckett.com/news/20...marvel-masterpieces/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Looks like $100+ per box and $1,200 a case.

If I'm not mistaken, the original Jusko set from 1992 was m.s.p. $1.95 per 6 card pack. Whatever it was, dealers were selling them for $4 to $5 a pack right off the bat, and selling a ton of them at that price. The 6 foil inserts at $20+ apiece, and better base singles were several dollars per card. They were more like sports cards in the high values attached to them in heat of new release.

These will be smoking hot.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
3 Cards per pack

1 Base and 2 Insert and/or Parallel.

90 card set = 8 boxes to amass enough cards to trade into a set. Crazy Stuff. Eek

This sounds more like Marvel Premier than it does Masterpieces.

Shame there won't be more base sets around, because casual collectors would really dig these, but not at a couple hundred dollars a set. Twak

Still have not received ordering information, but I'm guessing at least $100 a box. Shake Head

Ed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scifi Cards,

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
If thats right and base sets so hard to complete?
What planet are these people on-out of touch does not even touch my sentiment!
Quality agreed but at what cost?
Well the cost will be that 90% of the people that wanted this will simply not buy it.
Such a shame.

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post