Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Twin Peaks Complete (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twin Peaks Complete (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few new autograph images...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Release has been moved to AUGUST 22nd.

Steve noted some unforeseen difficulties including volcanoes in Hawaii forced the issue. He also mentioned the only other option was redemptions, which he didn't want to go with since he felt he could still get the set out this summer.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This could be guess work but one of the stars I believe lives in Hawaii is sherriff Trumam - Michael Ontkean, he's down for an auto and a dual auto with Cooper and as far as I'm concerned he's crucial to the set Wink
I'm guessing this because he has retired from acting but appeared in the 2011 George Clooney movie The Descendants (set in Hawaii) and didn't speak one line.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
I am now really looking forward to this release. Especially knowing 'hopefully' no redemptions Smile

Cheers, Pete

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checking in to see who else DIDN'T get any promo cards in their NSU issue! I didn't and my friend didn't! I ordered my mag the day it was available on the website (I was checking daily). I've written them, but other than hearing "we'll forward this to the right dept.," no one has helped. It's been almost a week now. Probably should just get it on eBay, no? Super lame though.

Posts: 12 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: April 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianB:
Just checking in to see who else DIDN'T get any promo cards in their NSU issue! I didn't and my friend didn't! I ordered my mag the day it was available on the website (I was checking daily). I've written them, but other than hearing "we'll forward this to the right dept.," no one has helped. It's been almost a week now. Probably should just get it on eBay, no? Super lame though.

Quite a few people didn't. There is an ongoing discussion in the General Non Sport Update Magazine Discussion thread. Hope it turns out OK for everyone but looking at that discussion NSU may need to go back to the manufacturers to get more promos. I have never heard of this happening on a large scale before, suggests there was a problem in the original packing process.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianB:

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very newbie question but hopefully an easy one. Are the images on the promo cards also going to be on cards in the base set or will they be unique to the Promo cards? Also, does anyone know if there is a P3? I'm assuming since there is P1, P2, and P4 there is probably a P3 but I can't find any mention of it anywhere. Thanks in advance. I've got 2 boxes on order and am looking forward to seeing what autographs I pull.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse usually puts the p3 promo card in the exclusive binder. Most of the time the promo card images are not used in the set but anything is possible.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

Rittenhouse usually puts the p3 promo card in the exclusive binder.

This is correct although the promo is not exclusive to the binder. There are always lots more P3's out there than binders or so it seems.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Full checklist has been posted with signers:

http://scifihobby.com/products...cklist.cfm?SetID=349

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few more questions. Is there anywhere that specifies what the terms like "scarce", "extremely limited", "very limited" mean in terms of quantity? Secondly, does anyone have a guess at what the "scare" autos will go for? I'm debating buying a few more boxes or just saving the money towards purchasing the cards I really want.

Thanks for the info on the promo cards. I'll pick up P3 and P4 eventually but for now I'm saving money towards autographs.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenhorn1:
A few more questions. Is there anywhere that specifies what the terms like "scarce", "extremely limited", "very limited" mean in terms of quantity?

That is defined at the top of the page in the checklist link posted above.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not sure that I have ever seen RA list so many Scarce and EL autograph cards in one product. Maybe its because of the dual signatures that weren't designated as Scarce in other sets.

Normally purchasing what you really want will always get you a better result than blind boxes, but with so many short prints, many of those cards may come out higher than you would want to pay. That makes people more inclined to gamble on the value in boxes, assuming of course that the demand will make most of the Scarce and EL cards pricey.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
A few more questions. Is there anywhere that specifies what the terms like "scarce", "extremely limited", "very limited" mean in terms of quantity?

Thank you. Not that I'm complaining as I think the signer list on this set is incredible but based on those numbers it looks like the autos from characters who were only in season 3 are going to account for about 25% of the total autos. I don't know if that will upset anyone since none of those people were mentioned on the original signer list except for Jim Belushi. I loved season 3 (although not as much as the first 2) so it's all good to me. I think this set is going to cost me a LOT of money. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Being a huge, huge fan of the original series, I have been dreaming for years about getting this kind of product/set, the problem is my dreams didn't include spending a fortune on the new over priced case and ending up still needing nearly everything. Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Thank you. Not that I'm complaining as I think the signer list on this set is incredible but based on those numbers it looks like the autos from characters who were only in season 3 are going to account for about 25% of the total autos. I don't know if that will upset anyone since none of those people were mentioned on the original signer list except for Jim Belushi. I loved season 3 (although not as much as the first 2) so it's all good to me. I think this set is going to cost me a LOT of money. Smile

Not complaining but waiting for more signers from the original series on the final list to find just Lenny Van Dohlen and Mrs Briggs and the rest from the 2017 series was frustrating, especially if it's a one off set, even though most of the main cast are listed Wink Ian Buchanan, David Patrick Kelly (classic characters) Ronette Pulaski (Pheobe Augustine)the man fron another place (Michael Anderson) both iconic characters and David Warner in human form at last, all missing.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Ian Buchanan, David Patrick Kelly (classic characters) Ronette Pulaski (Pheobe Augustine)the man fron another place (Michael Anderson) both iconic characters and David Warner in human form at last, all missing.

Joan Chen is also missing. And as someone who collected the Star Pics autographs I can say that at one time she was one of the most expensive ones to get. I recall two separate occasions where her card sold for around $800. Those days are long gone now though. Still, I hope Rittenhouse can get her to sign if there's a second set. Michael J. Anderson would be a great get also. I'm surprised that Phoebe Augustine didn't sign considering she's appeared quite a bit at the annual Twin Peaks festival.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Ian Buchanan, David Patrick Kelly (classic characters) Ronette Pulaski (Pheobe Augustine)the man fron another place (Michael Anderson) both iconic characters and David Warner in human form at last, all missing.

Joan Chen is also missing. And as someone who collected the Star Pics autographs I can say that at one time she was one of the most expensive ones to get. I recall two separate occasions where her card sold for around $800. Those days are long gone now though. Still, I hope Rittenhouse can get her to sign if there's a second set. Michael J. Anderson would be a great get also. I'm surprised that Phoebe Augustine didn't sign considering she's appeared quite a bit at the annual Twin Peaks festival.

That's what I thought about Phoebe Augustine, she's always at the conventions, idea of maybe a second set already, maybe to include the movie.