Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Man Who Fell to Earth
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Man Who Fell to Earth
 Login/Join

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted
Apparently this release from Unstoppable Cards goes on sale on 8th March.
If their previous releases, Doctor Who and The Wicker Man, are anything to go by this is definitely going to be at least as cult as the movie is.

The real joy, however, is that every case will have a guaranteed David Bowie autograph card! Is that a first for the Thin White Duke?

Picture below is from Unstoppable's Facebook page.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'm looking to get one. The autograph list is superb.

I'm still in love with Candy Clark from "American Grafitti". Rip Torn was fantastic as Producer Artie on "The Larry Sanders" show and Bernie Casey finished his NFL career with my Los Angeles Rams. David Bowie, of course, is right up there with the all-time greats in my book, both musically and style-wise. He's the definition of iconic.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
by the look of that sheet there is more than one Bowie autograph style to collect.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
any updates on this ? Are they available ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Had an e-mail from Barrie Roness who I believe is running Unstoppable these days saying advance order information would be out later this week.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posts on their facebook page say the same and there is a note of it on their website. They'll probably go on sale this sunday.
Sure feels like the stock will not last overnight Smile

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Here are some of my cards for this set. I did 50 for pack insertion.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
They look superb Nik

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hammer! Metal

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those really do look great!
Excellently done, Nik!

Meanwhile, Unstoppable claims to give pricing information later today. And they warn for a shock. Let's just hope boxes aren't too expensive.
With my current bank flow, a full case purchase to get a guaranteed Bowie auto wasn't going to be a possibility anyway.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much monkeyafterdark!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Dr. Who Daleks boxes were not too expensive, but the recent Avengers were like $150 U.S. ! I hope MWFTE is not like Avengers

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any word on this yet ? Haven't heard a thing

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
all will be revealed this weekend, keep an eye on the website or the facebook page.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Just ordered my case.

Happy to see it comes with some nice bonuses including a binder.

It costs 500 UK pounds, which for US buyers is currently $756, so pretty much $63 a box, a nice price considering bonuses that come with them, the free shipping, the guaranteed Bowie autograph in each case, and that the sketches are supposed to be a little more common in the boxes than they were for some of the previous releases, with 8 or so per case, so basically 2 in every 3 boxes.

Excited for mine, I hope they get here soon!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No way I was ever going to be able to afford an entire case, but I've taken my chances by ordering 6 boxes. That's 1/2 possibility of finding the Thin White Duke!
Can't wait to rip into these. Unstoppable does a great job on their base sets as well, so the expectations are definitely high.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What is the release date on this, and will there be more promos as with Dr. Who ?

Dr.Who had a promo 1/100 if you ordered directly from Unstoppable, and about 5 or 6 dealer exclusive promos limited to between 40 and 100. Same with this ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are said to be shipped by the end of this month. And I have no idea about the promo cards. Those from Doctor Who and of Wicker Man all surfaced in the days after the release. I'm hoping there won't be too many.
The binder has a 1/100 2-card promo set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it is frustrating, because I feel that we never truly know what is out there !

On the Blakes 7 and Women of Avengers sets, there were some dealer promos that I never, ever saw show up on ebay. I only learned what existed based upon the posts here on Card Talk

On Wicker Man, I thought there were just a few, and then in February, a promo by Rydeclive surfaced, even though the set came out last fall

And on Avengers 50th, I didn't know that Applecards had a dealer promo until 2-3 years after the fact !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Somewhat confusing.

In one spot they talk about a 2 card promo set, 1/199

Elsewhere, there is talk of a 1/100 promo

Are these different ?