September 12, 2022, 01:04 PM
t.breyer

September 12, 2022, 01:05 PM
t.breyer

September 12, 2022, 01:06 PM
t.breyer

September 12, 2022, 01:34 PM
cardaddict
Definitely a few there I wouldn't mind adding to my sketch card collection!
September 12, 2022, 02:19 PM
webjon
Whoa. Lots of cool cards.

Awesome!
September 12, 2022, 11:53 PM
Bill Mullins
At what point does posting go from "announcement" to "advertisement"?
September 13, 2022, 04:21 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:

I would say the point would be if Tom posted "Available on my website" or a link to sales.

I think it's great to see a list of artists with samples of their work.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

September 13, 2022, 05:10 AM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
To be fair, the Pernas take a similar approach with their set releases. But they stagger their posts. There is an initial announcement about the new set, then they post artist sketch card previews over a period of time.

That is a much better as it builds excitement about the new release over a period of days/weeks. Dumping everything in one go is a bit like Netflix releasing a new series which then gets binge-watched in a couple of days before being quickly forgotten Smile
September 13, 2022, 05:18 AM
Kevin F
One small observation about the sketches. Some appear to be risking copyright infringement. I know there is a lot of flexibility about use of images for artists but in a commercially released set they need to be really careful. I know the Pernas had to issue a warning to their artists about that problem/concern not too long ago to avoid any problems.

Just looking at the sketches on this page, Robbie the Robot from 'Forbidden Planet', the 'Lost in Space' robot, Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds and a character from 'The Fifth Element' are all a bit questionable.
September 13, 2022, 10:47 AM
wolfie
I love Jane Rushtons Lady Penelope, hope it finds it's way into the set and does not hit a problem with likeness.

September 13, 2022, 11:23 AM
Raven
Since when did we become the copyright police? Big Grin

Some of those sketches are very nice indeed, some I wouldn't like that much. The randomness of loosely themed sketch card products with many artists and many styles makes for both kinds of surprises. Smile
September 13, 2022, 12:50 PM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Since when did we become the copyright police? Big Grin
Just trying to help Big Grin

I do know that now Disney own most of the more lucrative franchises, it has become a problem as their legal team are notorious for going after pretty much anything that infringes on their copyright/IP. When they first bought up Marvel, there were a flurry of cease and desist orders/letters sent out to stop artists using Marvel characters without permission. Now that their empire includes Star Wars and all the old 20th Century Fox back catalogue, things might have got even worse.

However, I really don't want to distract from this new release so I'll try and avoid making any more posts on the subject...at least on this thread Smile