Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars chrome 2016 details
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars chrome 2016 details
 Login/Join

posted
Looks like topps are now showing the new Star Wars chrome 2016. Seems to have some nice autos. But from the sales sheet it looks like only one hit per box which sucks.

Star Wars chrome 2016

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Yes, only one hit/premium insert per box this time around. And autographs are stickers vs on-card.

Here's a full breakdown: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...s-the-force-awakens/

And the first group of signers were announced yesterday: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...-hamill-john-boyega/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Yayan Ruhian as Tasu Leech? Holy cow! I hope they can get the other guys from The Raid/Kanjiklub to sign, too.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hope the one hit per box is not going to be a trend now Frown I don't mind if the hit is a large one like in the masterworks sets.

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I'd be gutted if I bought a box and my 1-hit was a medallion card.

I think the Force Awakens auto design looks very nice. If the signatures were on-card they would be perfect. Annoying Topps will do it for some releases like Masterworks but they still go with stickers for other sets when the cast lists are so similar! Mad

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's easier and cheaper for them ask them to sign a stack of sheets of stickers and keep them for all the releases. For the high price they ask for and that's it's one hit box they should have opted for on card for this release.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Look who's making her Star Wars autograph debut in this set:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Look who can't be bothered to sign a last name. Or much of a first name for that matter. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Topps confirmed via facebook that the Daisy Ridley Chrome autographs will be on-card, that she will (finally) be the "Mystery Redemption" from Force Awakens Series 1, and that she'll also have on-card autographs in the upcoming Masterwork 2016 set.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I had already purchased a box of this (my only box this year!) and I am excited to see Daisy added to the set. I'm also happy for the people who spent literally thousands of dollars for the mystery redemption thinking it was her.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It is being reported that there are 45 of her autograph cards in Chrome. Then more in MW, mystery redemptions and likely many other sets to follow. That is not counting sticker ones for Pop Century already out and any maybe not used yet. Add it all up and there will be a lot of Daisies even before the trilogy ends.

On a side note, is it just me or does she look exactly like a younger Natalie Portman? I see recent candid pictures with her hair swept back and I swear I can't tell them apart.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first live Chrome Daisy autograph on eBay just sold for $2000. Eek

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
The first live Chrome Daisy autograph on eBay just sold for $2000. Eek

My condolences to the family. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Daisy Ridley and Harrison Ford 1/1 Superfractor autographs have already been pulled. That didn't take long. Lots of people must be breaking this.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So if Daisy' Chromo auto hit $2000, what is Ford's worth?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So if Daisy' Chromo auto hit $2000, what is Ford's worth?

The asking price for the 1/1 Ford is $4500. Speculation is he probably signed 6 total, the 1/1 and also a version #'d to 5. I would think that one would sell for around $2000, the same as Daisy.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
...and just to clarify by no means do I believe the Daisy autograph will hold that $2000 price and of course you can't even come close to comparing the two as far as career accomplishments go. But Harrison has signed many times before and this is Daisy's first official Star Wars autograph. And it's on-card. And it's new and hot. And it's Star Wars. And she's pretty. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the 150 card regular base and chase minimasters and two of the 100 card refractor sets (one for a friend) for $60 delivered, after using an Ebay coupon yesterday. You couldn't get a single box for that.

I might still get a hobby box or two to try for a rare autograph, but to finish my main collecting interest so quickly and cheaply has me leaning towards just quitting this one while ahead.

The Golden Age for people who just want the regular cards continues...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
The asking price of the Daisy Ridley Superfractor 1/1 is a cool $15,000

http://www.beckett.com/news/da...erfractor-autograph/

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
The asking price of the Daisy Ridley Superfractor 1/1 is a cool $15,000

http://www.beckett.com/news/da...erfractor-autograph/

wow just think, if she had actually signed her name properly the seller could have asked $30,000. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post